Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't know what to believe but one upside for me about all this QB talk is I find it entertaining.  For me February is the worst month of the off season but all this Qb talk has me glued in.  

He's wanting a LTD and doesn't want to be tagged.  What better way to do it thank the stuff he doing.  My guess.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't know what to believe but one upside for me about all this QB talk is I find it entertaining.  For me February is the worst month of the off season but all this Qb talk has me glued in.  

Maybe yes, maybe no.  Geez, in depth tweet here NBC.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

8:00 was 40 minutes ago now, so IF it’s accurate, we’d have heard something by now right? Unless it’s a realllyyyyy long phone call....

It only takes me 8 seconds to laugh and say no.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I got the feeling when it's all said and done we end up with Darnold.  Sorry to upset people but I've heard his name more than any other name other than Stafford before the Rams got him.

You said that about Carr, and I’m pretty sure before that you said it about Stafford. You aren’t reading tea leaves  you’re just reading tweets. Please stop guessing or having feelings with such confidence lol I’ve been reading you repeat things like this (about different guys!) for at least a week now—we’re all following the same tweets and what you seem to be mistaking for your gut telling you something might just be cramps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You said that about Carr, and I’m pretty sure before that you said it about Stafford. You aren’t reading tea leaves  you’re just reading tweets. Please stop guessing or having feelings with such confidence lol I’ve been reading you repeat things like this (about different guys!) for at least a week now—we’re all following the same tweets and what you seem to be mistaking for your gut telling you something might just be cramps. 

Is this a board in which I am allowed to express my opinions?  Do I have the right to free speech, ConnSkins26?  I don't think I have done anything wrong.  Please disregard my post then.  With all due respect, Sir.  Thank you.  :)

Also of note:  I was for Stafford he got traded.  I was for Carr he was pulled from the market, both via respectable NFL beat reporters on twitter.  I am only suggesting that Darnold might be an option now that these fellows are gone.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All these Darnold mentions are making me love really everything else in ways I never did before.    Every other option feels sweeter than it did before including even staying pat.

If we get any more Darnold mentions, I might start helping some others here sell Heinicke as the next Brett Favre.   Heck soon i'll jump on the lets win a SB with a game manager bandwagon and or we can't upgrade any other spot on the team if we spent capital to get a QB. 😀

I love ya dude. You're a good one. But you're on a frenzy. I doubt we chase Darnold or any other long range project. I like Winston because he can fling it and he's dirt cheap. Some of these deals being hinted at ar crazy. Stafford is great and I get going at him. We have no business talking Watson. We are not in that group. There's a lot of time between a QB and the season.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Is this a board in which I am allowed to express my opinions?  Do I have the right to free speech, ConnSkins26?  I don't think I have done anything wrong.  Please disregard my post then.  With all due respect, Sir.  Thank you.  :)

He ain't wrong.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 5:29 PM, RWJ said:

Good points.  One thing we can agree on the WFT has a plan and a BIG one at QB and I hope whatever they do it works!  :)

On 2/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, RWJ said:

They don't KNOW the plan at QB.  Simple.  

On 2/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, RWJ said:

Just got a feeling but I think Carr becomes the next starting QB for the WFT.  

On 2/7/2021 at 10:51 AM, RWJ said:

If we trade for Darnold even a 7th round pick, RR/Mayhew/Hurnery at more stupid than the Bears GM if they trade for Wentz.  My take.  

On 2/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, RWJ said:

Me stating a 7th round shows you how much I don't like the guy.  He's Patrick Ramsey all over again.  Gun shy.  Same mental issues, IMO when Spurrier ruined him, SIP by letting Ramsey get killed by no OL.  I see Darnold the same way.

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

I got the feeling when it's all said and done we end up with Darnold.  Sorry to upset people but I've heard his name more than any other name other than Stafford before the Rams got him.

And now you’re growing to like the potential of a Darnold move, but I didn’t feel like quoting all that since it’s the most recent in the thread. Not just okay with it but enthusiastic about it and now there’s a narrative about our QB coach maybe loving him and you trust that potential situation that you conjured out of the air?

@RWJ You have the right to post anything you want within the rules. Not trying to censor you. I’m simply pointing out that you project a confidence that is sometimes kinda bull**** in here once you’ve landed on an opinion. Look at your posts above, so sure each time. Sometimes you completely flip within less than a week, sometimes you completely flip within 36 hours (!!) after being SURE originally. 

It’s always good to be able to take in new information and change your opinion where it’s warranted. That isn’t strictly what you’re doing here—while you do usually qualify that it’s just “your opinion” or “just what I think” (I’m not accusing you of making false reports or anything like that)—you do some reading, convince yourself that’s what’s best or what’s most likely now, and then push that narrative on here with enthusiasm until the next time you change your mind. At which point you drop the old thing and push the new thing, as if you’re someone who just trusts your gut lol. 

None of us know what’s gonna happen and you’re obviously aware that you don’t either. But you sound so sure of yourself at times before potentially flipping 180 degrees the next day or the next week. I was just in a joking way saying to cool the jets on your gut instincts lol, they don’t exist. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And now you’re growing to like the Darnold moves, but I didn’t feel like quoting all that since it’s the most recent in the thread. 

@RWJ You have the right to post anything you want within the rules. Not trying to censor you. I’m simply pointing out that you project a confidence that is bull**** in here once you’ve landed on an opinion. Look at your posts above, so sure each time. Sometimes you completely flip within less than a week, sometimes you completely flip within 36 hours (!!) after being SURE originally. 

It’s always good to be able to take in new information and change your opinion where it’s warranted. That isn’t strictly what you’re doing here—while you do usually qualify that it’s just “your opinion” or “just what I think” (I’m not accusing you of making false reports or anything like that)—you do some reading, convince yourself that’s what’s best or what’s most likely now, and then push that narrative on here with enthusiasm until the next time you change your mind. At which point you drop the old thing and push the new thing, as if you’re someone who just trusts your gut lol. 

None of us know what’s gonna happen and you’re obviously aware that you don’t either. But you sound so sure of yourself at times before potentially flipping 180 degrees the next day or the next week. I was just in a joking way saying to cool the jets on your gut instincts lol, they don’t exist. 

I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING CENSORED and don't appreciate it.  So I post what I post.  Sad.  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING CENSORED and don't appreciate it.  So I post what I post.  Sad.  

What in the hell are you talking about?

You can post whatever drivel you like.

Have better takes and dont be a weathervane is the takeaway.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I apologize for taking your posts at face value when you post them, and going through the (minimal, to be fair) effort of remembering what you said (as I do anyone else in this community who becomes a fixture). From now on I will treat your opinions as you do, and forget them as soon as they’re posted. Post away, my bad 👍 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I apologize for taking your posts at face value when you post them, and going through the (minimal, to be fair) effort of remembering what you said (as I do anyone else in this community who becomes a fixture). From now on I will treat your opinions as you do, and forget them as soon as they’re posted in favor of the next one to come along. Post away, my bad 👍 

My apologies for rubbing you the wrong way with my post, Conn.  Not your bad but when you want to come strong on something like this can you take it to DM.  I try to be respectful to all in here and if I am not than I am sorry.  I'll be on low profile for awhile.  

Edited by RWJ

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My apologies for rubbing you the wrong way with my post, Conn.  Not your bad but when you want to come strong on something like this can you take it to DM.  I try to be respectful to all in here and if I am not than I am sorry.  I'll be on low profile for awhile.  

Not a big deal man, I was serious when I said you should post what you want. But it’s a public message board and fellow members of the community commenting on the content or pattern of your posts is not a free speech or censorship issue lol, it’s just another part of the discussion. I’ll say this—I appreciate your enthusiasm for the potential QB fixes out there even if I don’t agree with you. I just happened to be in this thread a lot the past week and thought the flip-flopping was funny, no hard feelings.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I hope not

You've proven that.

Yes because wanting Deshaun Watson at 26 years old is pure insanity.

Listen, your takes are all over the place.  You sidetrack entire threads by talking about different types of pants.  Sometimes you hit nails on heads and other times its like youre swinging a loaf of bread instead of a hammer.  

Im a very rational person.  I watch 12 hours of football every Sunday with a multiple tv setup and have done so for 25 years.  You can disagree with me and thats fine, but in no universe am I anything less than extremely informed about this league and its ongoings.

Keep coming at me if you want, I do not care.  Kick rocks if you want, I do not care.

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

Yes because wanting Deshaun Watson at 26 years old is pure insanity.

Listen, your takes are all over the place.  You sidetrack entire threads by talking about different types of pants.  Sometimes you hit nails on heads and other times its like youre swinging a loaf of bread instead of a hammer.  

Im a very rational person.  I watch 12 hours of football every Sunday with a multiple tv setup and have done so for 25 years.  You can disagree with me and thats fine, but in no universe am I anything less than extremely informed about this league and its ongoings.

Keep coming at me if you want, I do not care.  Kick rocks if you want, I do not care.

lol I'm not coming at you. I made jokes about an awkwardly titled thread to mess with the OP cause it was funny.

My opinion about what I want to do has not changed.

Watson would be great to have. Trading 3 firsts and pretending trading our Dlineman is viable is dumb.