Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

Sounds like we should have kept Haskins, probably would have gotten a third given how insane it looks like people are with QBs.

Haskins signed a non-guaranteed 1 year $800,000 deal with the Steelers.  Don't think he will ever be a QB in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

Agreed, but people are throwing huge amounts of resources for guys who as likely not to be playing in a year or two.

No regrets here on cutting Haskins....sometimes coaches have to send messages for the good of the family. If RR thought it needed to be done then lets not look back. If we don't waive DH maybe we don't see Heiny in the playoffs? 

• Like 3

Since there's so many random tweets from unknown sources, insisting they have the insider trade information on Wentz, I'm going to post my twitter source.

1vLN0tzL_normal.jpg

Breaking : Any minute the Eagles will announce they have agreed in principle, to trade Carson Wentz to the Buffalo Bills, for the rights to Kevin Kolb, who the Bills own, since Kolb retired from Buffalo in 2014. Kolb retired due to multiple concussions, so the trade is pending him passing his former team's Concussion Protocol. Carson Wentz expected to back up Josh Rosen in Buffalo

10:31 PM · Feb 6, 2021

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Another Philly Source:

Very legit source but he's stated rumors but he also added something new.  Wentz and a draft pick from Philly for what was being originally coming back from the Bears.  A lot of smoke tonight and a fire is bound to start soon.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Feels weird for a team to give up a valuable asset in exchange for Wentz since he was awful last season and got benched.

Are they really though? The first isn’t a huge deal if they’re getting a second back. Cohen isn’t really needed now that Montgomery has firmly taken that top RB spot and pass catching backs are a dime a dozen not to mention who knows what he’s capable of coming off the ACL.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Are they really though? The first isn’t a huge deal if they’re getting a second back. Cohen isn’t really needed now that Montgomery has firmly taken that top RB spot and pass catching backs are a dime a dozen not to mention who knows what he’s capable of coming off the ACL.

They are basically trading back 17 spots, minus not factoring in the fifth year option a first rounder provides.  

I do hate seeing teams get bailed out of bad deals.

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If these "rumors" about Wentz are even close to being accurate, then our brains will expIode when we see what Houston gets for Watson

Well, I think it's Carr, I'd like Minshew in a low cost trade too.  But it very well may come down to a QB in draft.  Still have my mind set on Mac Jones (game manager and smart).  

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

No regrets here on cutting Haskins....sometimes coaches have to send messages for the good of the family. If RR thought it needed to be done then lets not look back. If we don't waive DH maybe we don't see Heiny in the playoffs? 

Straight Facts.

Rather have gotten Cam if I'd known we were going to cut Haskins because he was hot garbage, not because he lost his confidence from signing another starter for his job.

Cam is coming here at this rate as a bridge QB, its too easy.  It's lowest hanging fruit, I'm not buying we get Watson, but I am buying we aren't afraid to draft someone.

I'm still mad we didn't get Stafford, but I'll survive. Here's the thing, I really want us to go after Watson and stop making excuses for why we don't have a QB.  I don't see enough people looking at it that way, more what else can be lost out on.

Listen, you can't start a car without an engine. Stop trying, its the 21st Century, we need the best QB we can get.

Edited by Renegade7

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

They are basically trading back 17 spots, minus not factoring in the fifth year option a first rounder provides.  

I do hate seeing teams get bailed out of bad deals.

To me that seems like a steal for Chicago. Personally I think the 5th year option is overrated. 

At a time when quarterback trade talks across the league already have heated up, multiple teams have reached out to the New York Jets and expressed interest in trading for the former No. 3 overall pick Sam Darnold, per league sources.

The Jets haven't turned away the calls, per sources, but they also haven't made any final and firm quarterback decisions about what direction they want to or are ready to go.

They could trade Darnold, use the compensation they get back in return for another quarterback, or draft a quarterback with the second overall pick. All options are being explored and are on the table, per one league source.

Contacted Saturday, the Jets would not confirm they received any trade calls on Darnold. Other sources however, have said they have.

Looking back to the first quarterback trade agreement last weekend should provide a glimpse at the potential market for Darnold.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Looks like plenty of desperation in the air at QB.   I love Stafford but that deal is insane.  I get the Goff component though sweetened it for them.  Raiders want two firsts for Carr?  Now likely a first might be had for Wentz and change (I guess we will see) for a QB who was a bust last year, has a killer bad contract and is supposedly a bad locker room guy.  Considering all of that maybe Schefter is right and Darnold goes for a late first.

Lol, Maybe we should trade Alex.  With this market, lol, maybe we'd get a first.

My gut right now is if teams are offering a stupid amount of draft capital then I'd rather do it in the draft if they love a dude like they supposedly love Fields (according to Sheehan)

• Like 1

As I've stated here enough, I am not a Darnold guy.  But if they end up chasing him, I wouldn't offer more than a third.  A 1st or 2nd rounder IMO is rich for a dude that even his biggest fans can't argue that he isn't a reclamation project.  This isn't Stafford or Carr who have actually played consistently well in the NFL.   Also you don't benefit much from the rookie contract with him, he's one year away from being out of that.   

So on the off chance, he plays well you will immediately have to pay him big money the next year.   So in effect what you are doing is buying that none of the FA recalamation projects which you can have for free are worth messing with whereas Darnold you'd be willing give up likely multiple picks and if he has a good season, you'd also be willing to jump into the inflationary high salary game with him because that's how it would likely go down.    You'd have to a minimum take the option 5th year which I understand would be 25 million. 

But considering all the desperation in the air at the spot, it wouldn't shock me that some sucker team offers a first for Darnold.  

• Like 2