Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If that's their goal, I think Carolina slam dunk can pull this off if they offer their first in the mix because that's a top ten pick and provides enticing trade value.

Personally, I would be hoping they do. Take them out of the market for a QB in the draft. Sounds like Atlanta might be out of it, too. If Carolina made that deal (which I'd doubt), then I'd start to be more intrigued at finding our guy there. Which is what I'd prefer anyway.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was joking about the trade capital in my post above but lol then I read the article.  Wow.  No joke.  Two first rounders, its nuts.  Its funny that the Raiders want that much but I bet even with all the Qb needy teams out there no one offers them that.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/will-raiders-move-derek-carr-to-acquire-deshaun-watson-2271863/

For that to happen, the Raiders would have to receive two first-round picks for Carr, which they would then package with their own first-rounders in 2021 and 2022 to present a compelling offer of four first-round picks to the Texans for Watson, who has reportedly asked be traded.

“The only way you trade a quarterback the caliber of Carr is by having a replacement plan in place that ensures improvement,” an industry insider said.

So If the Raiders trade Carr and then manage to get Watson, Marriotta becomes available...for those that want him. 

I can’t understand the people who are wanting Mariota. heiniche is better then Mariota!! Mariota showed nothing over his years of starting. He was below average at best. And as for Watson, try to look at it from a perspective of hindsight. Do you really think if the packers Traded 3 1st round picks to get Rodgers back in 2005(it was 2005 wasn’t it?) that they would regret it? Lol. You think the chiefs regret trades made for mahomes? Or bills trades they made for Allen? No, sorry. Franchise qbs don’t just grow on trees, let alone one that is under age 26, has basically lead the league in pass yards every year he was a starter, AND HE LITERALLY HAD NO TEAM AROUND HIM AT ALL!! No run game, no receivers, I mean ffs they traded away his best weapon and he still shined. His defense was crap. His coach was fired 6 games in and his replacement was a defensive minded, 0 offensive style brained Romeo crenel. I mean come on. There are few things I’m sure of, but Watson being worth every penny is one of them. I’d be more then happy to trade 3 1sts for him. Or 2 1st and sweat or Payne or something. If that’s not possible, then either draft a qb or keep heiniche. None of this Mariota, Tyrod, Darnold madness. All 3 are crap except Tyrod. Tyrod is actually decent but he’s not taking us to the promise land.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If we do end up trading a 1st and 3rd for Carr some of you hoes owe me and @RWJ a beer or six. 😂

LOL, I don't drink anymore.  I'd even stretch it to a 2nd to make it happen.  This will be interesting.  Now that the WFT was burnt by the Rams do they get burnt again with Carr being available?  Shall see.  Skins should trade for Carr and be happy.  Watch film on him lately and he's all that and more.

18 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

He's a borderline top 10 Qb and he's coming off a really good year. He's worth at least a 1st rounder, but QB's being so expensive my gut tells me some stupid team is going give up two firsts. 

No he most certainly is not. No one will give up a first let alone two. 

Just now, RWJ said:

LOL, I don't drink anymore.  I'd even stretch it to a 2nd to make it happen.  This will be interesting.  Now that the WFT was burnt by the Rams do they get burnt again with Carr being available?  Shall see.  Skins should trade for Carr and be happy.  Watch film on him lately and he's all that and more.

I don't really drink either haha. Empty calories, plus alcohol really is horrible for your body. But the amount of bull**** we took should entitle us to something! Lol. I wouldn't do two 1st's bc at that point I'd try to trade up to pick #3 but I could stomach a 1st and 3rd, and would be happy with a 1st, and thrilled if cost less. I think he's a really good option for us (as do you).

Like I said like 25 pages back, I've never been afraid to take an unpopular position if I believed in it. But it seems my position might not have actually been so unpopular around the league after all. :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't really drink either haha. Empty calories, plus alcohol really is horrible for your body. But the amount of bull**** we took should entitle us to something! Lol. I wouldn't do two 1st's bc at that point I'd try to trade up to pick #3 but I could stomach a 1st and 3rd, and would be happy with a 1st, and thrilled if cost less. I think he's a really good option for us (as do you).

Like I said like 25 pages back, I've never been afraid to take an unpopular position if I believed in it. But it seems my position might not have actually been so unpopular around the league after all. :D 

I'd even go as high as a 1st and conditional 2nd next year or 3rd this year.  

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

No he most certainly is not. No one will give up a first let alone two. 

All the metrics say he is this year.  If most on this board are saying Stafford is (spending the last 2 weeks saying so), then we should hold them to the same standard. Carr is going to net a 1st round pick whether anyone on here likes it or not.  WFT might not land him, but someone is going to give up a 1st for him. 

2 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

All the metrics say he is this year.  If most on this board are saying Stafford is (spending the last 2 weeks saying so), then we should hold them to the same standard. Carr is going to net a 1st round pick whether anyone on here likes it or not.  WFT might not land him, but someone is going to give up a 1st for him. 

Metrics don’t mean much. If they did, Cousins would be top 10. Teams give up a first for a guy like Carr 4 games into the season when their starter goes down and they are contenders. No one is that desperate right now.

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Metrics don’t mean much. If they did, Cousins would be top 10. Teams give up a first for a guy like Carr 4 games into the season when their starter goes down and they are contenders. No one is that desperate right now.

I'll take Cousins over what we have now.  Defense matters, Cousins and Carr have terrible defenses to work with (some of that may have to do with their high salaries). Like what others have said, we have a window. I think we should be smart about, like not giving away the farm because it's never worked for us in the past.  We have a rough out of conference schedule next season with GB, TB, KC, NO, LAC, and SEA. I love Henickle, but I don't trust he can make it through a season. 

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

The story suggests that the Raiders could get two first-round picks for Carr. That seems a little high, frankly.

The sourcing for the report seems confusing, to say the least. Are “NFL insiders” coaches, team executives, media members, agents, players, or some combination of those categories? (As used in the industry, the term “NFL Insider” typically refers to someone in the media.) In Carr’s case, “insiders” suggest the possibility of a three-team deal. And an “NFL Insider” applied the potential price tag of two first-round picks onto the transaction.

Frankly, this feels like an effort — either gratuitous or subtly requested by the team — to kick-start a potential trade market for Carr, and to introduce the concept of the Raiders being a potential suitor for Watson. After all, G.M. Mike Mayock said last week that Carr had an “exceptional” year, while also repeating the notion that the team is always looking to upgrade at every position.

Carr was good last year, but he wasn’t a Pro Bowler. Carr finished 14th in completions, 11th in yardage, 11th in touchdowns. He ranked 10th in passer rating, 10th in completion percentage, and he finished in a three-way tie for fifth in average per attempt.

As to the original nugget reported by Bonsignore, that the Raiders are expected to field calls regarding a potential trade for Carr, that’s not a surprise. In the offseason, General Managers always talk and always inquire about the availability of players, regardless of whether the player officially is on the trade market. Given that the Raiders have seem to have a perpetual attitude of ambivalence about Carr, any team looking for a quarterback would be wise to see whether the Raiders are willing to move him and what the Raiders would want.

If the notion that Carr is available takes root, maybe the calls will come more quickly and more frequently. Maybe the Raiders will get an offer that they won’t want to refuse for Carr. Regardless of whether that leads to making a run at Watson, the Raiders possibly regard Carr’s fringe top-10 performance of 2020 as an opportunity to sell high.

• Like 1