Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

Fires getting lit good stuff.

Now if only i could see some action on the Cousins to 49ers train... that would be great.

I see us having interest in Carr, as we should, but if we didn't go crazy on Stafford, we wont go crazy for Carr either. Another competitive offer is in the cards.

I can actually see some team overpaying for Carr tho, but not two 1s. He is juuuust young enough and good enough for some team to justify it.

• Like 1

Holy **** Raiders really trying to cash in on a queue of shoppers trying to buy the last item on the shelf.

I have a bad feeling about this one. Not to the extent of 2 x firsts, but bad enough. I said a few hours back I was kind of coming around to the idea of Carr, but hell fire I thought the price would be over the top prohibitive, this is beyond a joke.

We’re going to make a healthy offer here, hold on tight....

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The story suggests that the Raiders could get two first-round picks for Carr. That seems a little high, frankly.

The sourcing for the report seems confusing, to say the least. Are “NFL insiders” coaches, team executives, media members, agents, players, or some combination of those categories? (As used in the industry, the term “NFL Insider” typically refers to someone in the media.) In Carr’s case, “insiders” suggest the possibility of a three-team deal. And an “NFL Insider” applied the potential price tag of two first-round picks onto the transaction.

Frankly, this feels like an effort — either gratuitous or subtly requested by the team — to kick-start a potential trade market for Carr, and to introduce the concept of the Raiders being a potential suitor for Watson. After all, G.M. Mike Mayock said last week that Carr had an “exceptional” year, while also repeating the notion that the team is always looking to upgrade at every position.

Carr was good last year, but he wasn’t a Pro Bowler. Carr finished 14th in completions, 11th in yardage, 11th in touchdowns. He ranked 10th in passer rating, 10th in completion percentage, and he finished in a three-way tie for fifth in average per attempt.

As to the original nugget reported by Bonsignore, that the Raiders are expected to field calls regarding a potential trade for Carr, that’s not a surprise. In the offseason, General Managers always talk and always inquire about the availability of players, regardless of whether the player officially is on the trade market. Given that the Raiders have seem to have a perpetual attitude of ambivalence about Carr, any team looking for a quarterback would be wise to see whether the Raiders are willing to move him and what the Raiders would want.

If the notion that Carr is available takes root, maybe the calls will come more quickly and more frequently. Maybe the Raiders will get an offer that they won’t want to refuse for Carr. Regardless of whether that leads to making a run at Watson, the Raiders possibly regard Carr’s fringe top-10 performance of 2020 as an opportunity to sell high.

All due respect but PFT is a joke.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

What was Stafford in 2018?  #30?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yes, but so what. Go the **** away and quit tagging me in your dumb ass posts. Seriously. 

Yes watson is good, yes the price is too high, yes you post dumb ****. please stfu and go

The Office GIF by NCAlumni

59 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

everyone's lost their minds bro. 

Were a team that gained n identity for the first time in a while, but has no QB lol

Its almost like we should trade for an elite QB if there is an opportunity to do so.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Holy **** Raiders really trying to cash in on a queue of shoppers trying to buy the last item on the shelf.

I have a bad feeling about this one. Not to the extent of 2 x firsts, but bad enough. I said a few hours back I was kind of coming around to the idea of Carr, but hell fire I thought the price would be over the top prohibitive, this is beyond a joke.

I always thought as did CapSkin that he was worth a 1st and 3rd.  I make the deal and be happy we got him.  He's the BA QB, IMO considering age, contract, stats, physically and mentally tough.  I hope it happens!  

I think Carr would be worth our 1st/19th overall pick. I do think he’s a good top half of the league qb that had the potential to be even better. The year he got hurt against the colts at the end of the season he looked absolutely elite. He hasn’t been able to replicate that, but he did lose Amari Cooper and went through a coaching change. I don’t think he’s more then 1 1st round pick tho. If his price tag is 2 picks, then I would argue we might as well jus go for Watson and put more into it. 

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I suspect we will offer #19 and hopefully that's it. Carr has only thrown for over 30 TD's once in his career, BUT, if RR feels like Carr is the guy we can win with then I trust him. We need QB stability. Carr has a nice contract from what I see....cap hits of 22 and 20 mil the next two seasons, free agent in 2023. We trade for him as is, no extension til he proves himself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I suspect we will offer #19 and hopefully that's it. Carr has only thrown for over 30 TD's once in his career, BUT, if RR feels like Carr is the guy we can win with then I trust him. We need QB stability. Carr has a nice contract from what I see....cap hits of 22 and 20 mil the next two seasons, free agent in 2023. We trade for him as is, no extension til he proves himself. 

Is there actual rumors of us offering stock for Carr? Or is this just people speculating based on the Raiders report of wanting to trade him?

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

IF we trade a 1st + for him which I think we or the winner of the trade does I THINK you can expect an extension added on.  Just a guess.

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

As I said previously in this thread, here are my price tags for Carr:

Multiple 1sts - Unwilling, would rather try to trade up to the top 3 this draft

1st and 3rd - Could stomach it

1st - "Reasonable overpayment", would be happy

Less than a 1st - Thrilled 

• Like 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

As I said previously in this thread, here are my price tags for Carr:

Multiple 1sts - Unwilling, would rather try to trade up to the top 3 this draft

1st and 3rd - Could stomach it

1st - "Reasonable overpayment", would be happy

Less than a 1st - Thrilled 

Could you stomach a 1st and conditional 2022 2nd OR a 1st and Payne in the trade?

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Could you stomach a 1st and conditional 2022 2nd OR a 1st and Payne in the trade?

No players. If we go so far as a first I’d cap it there. Def none of our stud players as well as a first 

• Like 1

I get busy for a few hours and come back to Carr being floated for two firsts...

Sweet Baby Jesus what is going on?!

9 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

Is there actual rumors of us offering stock for Carr? Or is this just people speculating based on the Raiders report of wanting to trade him?

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Stock?  What?

Gruden loves GameStop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

All these teams looking for a sucker for their mediocre QBs. It makes me sick. 

Carr is an underrated and decent QB but if their asking price is two firsts they can kiss off. If Minny wants a 1st for Cousins who is a better QB than Carr, he shouldn't go for anything more than a 2nd. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1