Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Could you stomach a 1st and conditional 2022 2nd OR a 1st and Payne in the trade?

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

If we offer a first I would expect we get a 3rd back along with carr.

Yeah, I don't think I like doing business with Gruden, especially for a QB.....pass on Carr unless it's for a 2nd round pick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I get busy for a few hours and come back to Carr being floated for two firsts...

Sweet Baby Jesus what is going on?!

Surely no league execs actually agree hes worth 2 firsts.  Its gotta be LV driven propaganda.

Even a single 1st is too much.  Hes quarterback purgatory.  A younger version of Dalton.  Just good enough to make you not go nuts for a replacement, just bad enough to never give you a realistic shot of winning anything important.

The absolute worst position to be in and if the price is even a single first, the front office that sends it is invested too deep to move on quickly when it fails.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Quite a jump.  I think he fits Turner's O well.  Plus, I think our D coordinator used to be his HC, right?

Yep.  Del Rio

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/31/raiders-qb-derek-carr-on-jack-del-rio-firing-it-hurts/

However, throughout it all, the Raiders became a very close-knit bunch that quarterback Derek Carr and several others have often referred to as “family.” As such, Carr was naturally crushed when he heard the news of Del Rio’s termination Sunday.

Below is Carr’s full reply when asked about the news.

“It hurts. It is a sucky thing because we talked about it earlier this year. He is family. You spend so much time with him. I met with Coach Del Rio every Thursday morning since he has been here. We have spent time together at his events and we have created a bond. That’s a bond that will last forever. It hurts because something sucky happened to someone you care about. We weren’t good enough for him. We have to take our ownership as players. That’s where we are right now.

We are kind of angry that we let it get to that. We are upset at ourselves. We understand the business part of it, but as players, I talked with [DE] Khalil [Mack], our job is to come back better and hungry. We have been through some hard times together and this is right up there with it. We are hungry, angry a little bit in this instance.

There is nothing you can do about it right now. The wound is still fresh, but as we move forward it will scar over. It will be there, but you have to move on. I love him and I love his family. They have been great to me. We’ve had some great talks about life, football and he has helped me grow so much as a player in my knowledge and understanding of the game. We had a great talk this week, now looking back on it, in our Thursday meeting. We didn’t see this coming. We were excited to just continue to compete and he would let me know that we were going to fix the little things that we need to fix to get this thing back right.

Keep being you, keep leading us. We were getting ready for what is next. For it to be done, it is a crazy deal,” Carr said during media availability Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I get busy for a few hours and come back to Carr being floated for two firsts...

Sweet Baby Jesus what is going on?!

Gruden loves GameStop. 

You should never step away for 3 hours at a clip....look what happens. You missed the whole Marriota storm that came through. 

• Haha 2

Just now, RWJ said:

Just got a feeling but I think Carr becomes the next starting QB for the WFT.  

I admit I don't know a ton about Carr but the deeper dive i've made into him stats wise, the more i am cool with it.  But I got to sit down and watch a few games to land on a strong take.  Maybe I'll do it on the weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I admit I don't know a ton about Carr but the deeper dive i've made into him stats wise, the more i am cool with it.  But I got to sit down and watch a few games to land on a strong take.  Maybe I'll do it on the weekend.

You may be doing it after he's traded to us.  I think the Del Rio connection and how much RR trust Del Rio might push this over the top.

Just now, KDawg said:

A LATE WHAT?!

:ols:

It's a scary Qb world out there apparently.    My biggest fear is to be suckered into a deal for Darnold.    Iv'e heard other national reporters say a 2nd and 3rd for Darnold.  

Just now, RWJ said:

You may be doing it after he's traded to us.  I think the Del Rio connection and how much RR trust Del Rio might push this over the top.

This story just popped up tonight, we don't even know for sure if he's going to be traded, I doubt it happens that fast.  Heck even the Stafford deal took a week and that's with the Lions flat out telling everyone he will be traded.  

I would like carr..but at what cost?..if the team could make it a package like I mentioned above it would raise a lot of eyebrows..start alot of convos..obviously start some folks here to bicker with one and other but could make for some good footbal when it matters.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's a scary Qb world out there apparently.    My biggest fear is to be suckered into a deal for Darnold.    Iv'e heard other national reporters say a 2nd and 3rd for Darnold.  

The QB commodity is HOT right now.  The price of QB just sky rocketed like gold did months back.  It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Culture. RR is all about it and if JDR says Carr is a great face of the franchise that we can win with then lets do it. For the sake of this thread we need this to end....just get a QB so we can go to the draft thread please. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

What instances can you recall? Just curious because I don't remember him failing miserably. 

So if you listen to the Cooley film breakdowns, he goes through Settle pretty bluntly.  He pointed out several instances where Settle just gets moved easily, and on most posts he’s just there.  

He’s best when he’s attacking and only in limited reps.  He is a good rotational guy but nowhere near the physical talent of the other guys.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The QB commodity is HOT right now.  The price of QB just sky rocketed like gold did months back.  It is what it is.

that's fine but as for Darnold i am not trading a first for a dude that i think is likely a bust.   I don't think I'd even offer a third. 

I like Carr but I wouldn't offer the moon for him.

If I am offering the moon I am going for the Miami pick, #3

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that's fine but as for Darnold i am not trading a first for a dude that i think is likely a bust.   I don't think I'd even offer a third. 

I like Carr but I wouldn't offer the moon for him.

If I am offering the moon I am going for the Miami pick, #3

He'd fetch a 2nd at the very least.  Again, a guess but the QB market is nutso.  You and I know it.  Crazy and overpayment is going to happen with Carr.  Watch WFT give our #19 and next years 1st too.  It's pricey but when was the last time we had that kind of talent in DC?  Yes, Cousins when SnyderAllen should have signed him to a LTD.  We need Carr and I think he would carry this team to a few division titles and futher.

• Like 1

Good ****ing god for **** ****ing sakes will you please quit thinking about suggesting a ****ing d line men to trade away?...not settle not matt i..no one..especially neither one of the first rounders..this defense is super close to being elite..I kick my self in the ass for even thinking it could happen( the possibility of a d linemen being traded)

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He'd fetch a 2nd at the very least.  Again, a guess but the QB market is nutso.  You and I know it.  Crazy and overpayment is going to happen with Carr.  Watch WFT give our #19 and next years 1st too.  It's pricey but when was the last time we had that kind of talent in DC?  Yes, Cousins when SnyderAllen should have signed him to a LTD.  We need Carr and I think he would carry this team to a few division titles and futher.

This is how I know we’ve gone way off the rails. 

“That kind of talent in DC”. 

Multiple firsts for a top 15ish QB and we are citing his talent. 

• Like 2