Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Imagine trading Sweat, Payne, three 1st's and three 2nd's for a guy who lands on IR the first month of the season with another torn ACL. Absolute nightmare scenario. It's almost enought to make me say I'm out at any price that would be high enough to get the deal done.

Bang You got it, CapSkin.  Could easily happen with our O Line right now too.

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Imagine trading Sweat, Payne, three 1st's and three 2nd's for a guy who lands on IR the first month of the season with another torn ACL. Absolute nightmare scenario. It's almost enought to make me say I'm out at any price that would be high enough to get the deal done.

Show me the guy who wants to give that up and I get to re-introduce myself to my dinner last week

Zombie Pun

Just now, RWJ said:

Could be wrong but think I heard something about them possibly trying Collins at LB.  Could be wrong but yes, I think Curl replaces Collins if they don't have interest in trying Collins at LB or if he refuses and because of his contract I think there is an out to some degree with monies this year or next year.

I would definitely be interested in seeing Collins play linebacker

The feeding frenzy for a good QB this offseason is unprecedented. We aren’t getting a fair deal anywhere, whether it be by trade, free agency or the draft. 

If Carr is made available, you’ll have a similar race to sign him like Stafford, not at the same level, but multiple teams will circle. All of those team are still desperate like us.

Got to imagine the same pattern will emerge in the draft. 

We look backed into a corner to me. 

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Tore the left ACL in 2014 and the right ACL in 2017. I agree this is a red flag and IDK why others aren't talking about it. Doesn't tearing an ACL make it way more likely to tear it again? And he's torn both already. 

No, it doesnt.

• Like 2

All I know is that our defense is too good to be picking in the top 10 anytime soon and chances of snatching a franchise quarterback at 19 is not very likely. After all the first and second round picks we've missed on wouldn't it be worth trading for a sure thing like Watson barring injury. Which you can say with any player . anyone who's ever played the game knows that it only takes one wrong hit or step to have a catastrophic injury

Edited by redskinsrmylyfe

12 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

So is that how it works in the NFL now? If you're over 25 and have an injury you're old and injury-prone? Lol check their age and injury history

That's the way it works in all professional sports.

You never trade old for young.

9 hours ago, WEARE1554 said:

Wonder what Darnold or Carr would take to get in draft capital? Winston with his eyes fixed wouldn’t be awful.  Also if Taylor Heinicke add some good weight/muscle he would be probably be a decent option. I wouldn’t sell the farm for someone would spend on supporting cast

Not really sure the allure of trading for Darnold outside of a ham sandwich. He hasn't been good and he's basically down to one year left on that rookie deal (I see no reason to pick up the option). How much you really want to trade for one year of a guy that wasn't even one of the NFL's 30 best QBs last year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mooka said:

That's the way it works in all professional sports.

You never trade old for young.

Landon and Matt just turned 27 this month. Since when is 27 Old? Plus we're talking about them filling in for players who would allow us to get a top five NFL quarterback who would put us over the top and make us the instant Super Bowl contender

Edited by redskinsrmylyfe

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The feeding frenzy for a good QB this offseason is unprecedented. We aren’t getting a fair deal anywhere, whether it be by trade, free agency or the draft. 

If Carr is made available, you’ll have a similar race to sign him like Stafford, not at the same level, but multiple teams will circle. All of those team are still desperate like us.

Got to imagine the same pattern will emerge in the draft. 

We look backed into a corner to me. 

74, do you think a our #19 and one of our 3rds is fair compensation for Carr?

Just now, Lovi said:

If we give up #19 and a 3rd we have lots of troubles not on the field. Terrible deal if we do

Not to me.  We still have FA, our 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, in this years draft and our entire draft for next year.  Our Scouting personnel and new GM must do their job at identifying talent and drafting it.  

If this team gave up a first for David Carr, I'd probably just have to walk away. There's only so many terrible veteran QB trades a team can make before you just got to say enough is enough. Carr would be pretty far down my list of options, but I'd give up a 4th rounder for him.

Also, I found this humorous:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

74, do you think a our #19 and one of our 3rds is fair compensation for Carr?

No, I think it’s too much. However, there is a major supply/demand issue. Not sure what will drop next on the QB drama front.

I’m think we are screwed for this offseason. Our options seem to be stick with mediocrity, overpay for a marginal upgrade, or make a costly draft trade. Only outlier being Dak not re-upping for Jerry. But 35mil plus per year an spurning them for us, not happening.

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

Put me in the price to high group. I feel we need more talent and you know you are going to miss on a couple of picks...So trading away a first and third in the same draft could be really annoying. I don't feel our roster is close enough for that move.

See above post and twitter link.  It may mean nothing to you but maybe it might.

Here is what we supposedly offered for Stafford and other teams as well:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1356109133221683202?s=20

Honestly as of this moment, I am in trade up camp. Watson's price tag is going to be insane and Dak has virtually no chance of leaving Dallas. 

I'd like for us to be aggressive if we really like a QB in the draft and trade up to get him (if the cost isn't devastating). 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Honestly as of this moment, I am in trade up camp. Watson's price tag is going to be insane and Dak has virtually no chance of leaving Dallas. 

I'd like for us to be aggressive if we really like a QB in the draft and trade up to get him (if the cost is reasonable). 

That's what probably happens unless RR and Co. have their eyes on another vet QB they like but it will take more than our 1st this year and a 3rd.  Like our #19 and a 2022 1st and probably one of our 3rd this year and possibly and 2nd next year.  I'd go Carr for a 1 and 3 if RR and Co. like him. 

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

No, it doesnt.

Second ACL injuries six times more likely after reconstruction, study finds

Source: American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)

Summary: Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACLR) surgery is a common knee injury procedure, but the overall incidence rate of having to go through it again within 24 months is six times greater than someone who has never had an ACL tear, according to researchers.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130711084135.htm

I think your medical advice is on par with your QB evaluations 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Second ACL injuries six times more likely after reconstruction, study finds

Source: American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)

Summary: Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACLR) surgery is a common knee injury procedure, but the overall incidence rate of having to go through it again within 24 months is six times greater than someone who has never had an ACL tear, according to researchers.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130711084135.htm

I think your medical advice is on par with your QB evaluations 😂

Can't seem to get these people to understand this, Cap.  SMH.  LOL  

• Haha 1