Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 minute ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

If we were to give up two first-rounders 2 second-rounders and Montez/Payne for Watson .we could re-sign Kerrigan plus Matt coming back from injury would be in great shape imo

To me Montez is untouchable.  Payne or Allen, either one I'd fine with as part of a trade but I am a strong NO to Watson.  

I respect that but you have to remember that this guy will be around for the next 10 years

He's one more ACL away from being just another QB.  Again, two ACL surgeries.  I'm not giving up the house for this guy.

52 minutes ago, vegeta613 said:

I saw an article that said the Houston wants 2 firsts 2 seconds and 2 young defensive starters for Watson.  Anyone willing  to give up the draft picks with Sweat and cam curl for Watson?

Players are debatable but yep

Settle/Io/Payne and Curl and you got a deal

32 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

In this reality? What? Please go watch some Carr this is getting hard to read. 

So, amazingly, I don’t think it’s quite as crazy as it sounds.  For the record, I’m not a huge Carr guy.  But the problem is right now there is SO MUCH bad QB play, Carr might be approaching top 10, and that’s more about the other guys than him.  

2 spots on the top 10 just opened up because Rivers and Brees retired. They’ve had locks on being top 10 guys fir the better part of 2 decades.   A third might open up with Ben. And even if he plays, he’s a shell of his former self. Is 2021 Ben who can’t throw 15 yards better than Carr? I dunno. Maybe?

Just off the top off my head,  in no order, here are guys obviously better:

Mahomes

Rodgers

Brady

Allen (Buffalo’s version)

Watson

Wilson

Lamar Jackson

Baker Mayfield

Dak

You have 2 really young guys who look to be really good in Herbert and Murray. An unknown still with Tua.  

Then you have guys like Kirk, Carr, Tannehill, Stafford (and a few others) that in some order round out your real starting QBs.

Then you have to about 15 starters who shouldn’t be.  Including Goff, Garapolo, Mitch, Cam, every QB on our roster, blah blah blah.

So if Carr is a top 10 QB it’s more because the list sucks than he’s really good. 

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He's one more ACL away from being just another QB.  Again, two ACL surgeries.  I'm not giving up the house for this guy.

Tore the left ACL in 2014 and the right ACL in 2017. I agree this is a red flag and IDK why others aren't talking about it. Doesn't tearing an ACL make it way more likely to tear it again? And he's torn both already. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

To me Montez is untouchable.  Payne or Allen, either one I'd fine with as part of a trade but I am a strong NO to Watson.  

I’d argue behind Chase Youmg, Payne is the best and most impactful DL on the team.

Though Marty I. is the best pure interior pass rusher when healthy.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’d argue behind Chase Youmg, Payne is the best and most impactful DL on the team.

I think if healthy we have top 3 two of the best DE's in the NFL right now.  You don't break them up.  JMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We have Settle who is just reaching his potential this past season and Ioanman so to me Allen or Payne are expendable.  I'd let Payne go before Allen but it's a toss up.  You can't pay both of them top money as you have other key positions to pay.  You make one expendable in a trade NOW for a QB.

Imagine trading Sweat, Payne, three 1st's and three 2nd's for a guy who lands on IR the first month of the season with another torn ACL. Absolute nightmare scenario. It's almost enought to make me say I'm out at any price that would be high enough to get the deal done.

• Like 1

You have swayed me to put sweat on my no trade list after thinking about the impact he had this year with young

Not trying to sway you or anyone else.  Just my opinion brother and the TV stuff you put on here, let me sway you from doing stuff like that.  Hurts a reputation.  

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Not trying to sway you or anyone else.  Just my opinion brother and the TV stuff you put on here, let me sway you from doing stuff like that.  Hurts a reputation.  

I could care less what anyone thinks about me and I didn't make up the TV thing just not going to put a picture to prove it because I'm a grown man who doesn't seek approval of others

Payne & curl could be replaced by Matt I and Landon

Could be wrong but think I heard something about them possibly trying Collins at LB.  Could be wrong but yes, I think Curl replaces Collins if they don't have interest in trying Collins at LB or if he refuses and because of his contract I think there is an out to some degree with monies this year or next year.