• yes, but not until offseason
    • no, ride it out
    • no, trade him
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • too early
    • try to get ARod and act like we don't know who Haskins is

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If it's true that Haskins unfollowed his own coach on social media, that's a huge indicator of what's happening behind the scenes, and allows me to believe in the distinct possibility that he's cut.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If it's true that Haskins unfollowed his own coach on social media, that's a huge indicator of what's happening behind the scenes, and allows me to believe in the distinct possibility that he's cut.

I want Haskins gone, but I can't say I feel anything about his social media decisions.  This is such a football thing to me that looking for extra doesn't seem neccesary.

Now I hope Rivera is rick rolling him when he says he's not going to give up on him.

Check your email, Dwayne.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:39 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Ron Rivera as old school as he is specifically stated he monitored Haskins social media in the off season and it was part of the reason he was named starter. It’s not nothing.

I feel there's something off in a sentence that combines "old school" and "monitor social media". Rivera says a lot of things, many of which are untrue. He may have monitored his QB's social media. That seems plausible. But the idea it really factored in the decision to name a starting QB seems like a stretch. I'd question Rivera is her really did, unless you want to make some vague connection to maturity/character. But really, you don't need social media to determine maturity/character once you have practice and games. I stand by my point that who some follows or unfollows shouldn't really dictate a player's future.

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I feel there's something off in a sentence that combines "old school" and "monitor social media". Rivera says a lot of things, many of which are untrue. He may have monitored his QB's social media. That seems plausible. But the idea it really factored in the decision to name a starting QB seems like a stretch. I'd question Rivera is her really did, unless you want to make some vague connection to maturity/character. But really, you don't need social media to determine maturity/character once you have practice and games. I stand by my point that who some follows or unfollows shouldn't really dictate a player's future.

He said it did. His daughter runs his social media. He likes his kid. He’s putting importance in it.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He said it did. His daughter runs his social media. He likes his kid. He’s putting importance in it.

Again. He says a lot of things. A lot of it is coach speak. A lot of it is largely empty words or generally meaningless. And some of it is clearly untrue. Just because a coach says it, doesn't mean it is actually true. In fact often times it is not.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

didn’t Haskins want to be drafted by the Giants, or is my recollection off with that one?

his comment to the Giants wasn't that he wanted to play for them but challenging them for thinking Daniel Jones was a better QB than him

Just a couple of points to add:

Social media is a huge indicator of a player's future behavoir.

Remember Guice? Social media clown that made bad decisions in real life.

The team cut him and still is a free agent. Now no team will touch him with a 10-foot pole.

In short: messages on social media are relevant. They are not dissociated from the person.

We all know what will happen because we've seen this movie before: Haskins will become a team cancer.

Local journalists will use him as an informant ("unnamed source") to scatter crap inside the locker room.

End result? Implosion.

20 hours ago, method man said:

Haskins has outplayed Rosen and is a better prospect than him. You are leaving out that Rosen garnered a 2nd and a 5th when he was traded

Furthermore, Rosen said he had offers from other teams to join their active roster but chose to go to Tampa's PS to learn from Arians and Brady, similar to what Jameis did with the Saints.

LOL.  He hasn't played better than Rosen

2 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Just a couple of points to add:

Social media is a huge indicator of a player's future behavoir.

Remember Guice? Social media clown that made bad decisions in real life.

The team cut him and still is a free agent. Now no team will touch him with a 10-foot pole.

In short: messages on social media are relevant. They are not dissociated from the person.

We all know what will happen because we've seen this movie before: Haskins will become a team cancer.

Local journalists will use him as an informant ("unnamed source") to scatter crap inside the locker room.

End result? Implosion.

he was cut because he was accused of choking his girlfriend! Which is also why he's still a free agent, besides massive injury history. Domestic abuse has nothing to do with social media behavior

2 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

So more immaturity and he was wrong to boot.

it was on his draft night interview, when people were asking about that sort of stuff

7 minutes ago, carex said:

he was cut because he was accused of choking his girlfriend! Which is also why he's still a free agent, besides massive injury history. Domestic abuse has nothing to do with social media behavior

it was on his draft night interview, when people were asking about that sort of stuff

I understand.  It was immature to say that he is better than Jones or anyone really.  And he was wrong. 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:55 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Really?

I dont not believe you, you have a link to that I can look at?  I'm jus, seriously, I dont care if he unfollows folks. What was they looking for on his twitter?  He's not going for a security clearance, im more concerned what his agent said or didn't say then what Haskins did or didn't tweet. 

And I follow Haskins on twitter, so what did I miss?

I feel like this Washington community puts waaaaaay too much stock into social media accounts.

Simply put if a player is playing well then social media isn’t a big deal. If the player isn’t then the social media is an indicator of their immaturity. If Brady wasn’t the GOAT people would be all over how much time he spends posting.

On 10/10/2020 at 5:03 AM, Jericho said:

Again. He says a lot of things. A lot of it is coach speak. A lot of it is largely empty words or generally meaningless. And some of it is clearly untrue. Just because a coach says it, doesn't mean it is actually true. In fact often times it is not.

Dare say an element of that is correct.

However in terms of player management, it’s been pretty clear what Rivera’s stance was going to be from the moment he told Trent Williams to show up and prove himself. In that respect, those haven’t been empty words.

Archived