• yes, but not until offseason
    • no, ride it out
    • no, trade him
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • too early
    • try to get ARod and act like we don't know who Haskins is

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

This is not the way to look at this.  Who else on the team is a 1st round QB that was starting beginning of the year and now folks are asking when he's going to be gone?  

This is different, the talk of clearing house or adding talent is not the same as addressing the biggest name healthy scratch on the roster.  Who just took a risk of giving our coach with Cancer COVID because they wanted to say what's up to a friend of the family.

At this point he's not just an annoyance or distraction, he's a risk to the team if he can't even take COVID protocols seriously.  We don't need some stupid outbreak here because of him.

1 hour ago, skinsfan4128 said:

It's fairly reasonable at this point to justify cutting bait with Haskins. The kid (and I use this term loosely) got benched for poor play (y'all can argue over the specifics as I've read enough of the back and forth 🤣). And what does he do to  turn the trajectory of his short career to date? Nothing.  If there ever was a sense of entitlement,  Haskins is the poster child. 

He gave off a pouty vibe through a video at practice following his benching (taking his pants notwithstanding), went to social media to unfollow those who were associated with said benching, came down with a mysterious stomach bug that apparently had an extended shelf life,  and now decides to circumvent team rules to have some of his fave 5 stay at the team hotel.

It's clear Haskins has decided that he is not at fault and is not prepared to change anything he is doing to better himself.  In fact, Stevie Wonder can see the kid sees nothing wrong with his actions and therefore takes no responsibility. 

Truth is, this seems to be something that I have seen a lot of out of this generation.  Self entitlement, lack of accountability and responsibility,  laziness, and a sense of feeling that everything should be given to them and not earned. (Disclaimer: not all young folks are like this, but they are in the minority).

Haggling over compensation for Haskins is a lost cause. There's a reason report after report has suggested our imbecilic owner was the only one willing to draft Haskins while other teams would not have. And honestly,  after getting some tape on the guy, do you really think any team out there is going to give us something other than a bologna sandwich for him (and dont even think you're going to get a slice of cheese with that)??? And furthermore,  the other 31 teams are reading about Haskins antics just like we are. So yeah, they are going to be ringing the phone off the hook to get that upstanding young man. 🙄

Rivera needs to cut him and send a clear message. 

You think he'd have been a UDFA then

you're stereotyping an entire generation, that makes up the current majority of NFL players in fact, and you're applying that to him as a person so that damn well clouds your opinion. 

A third team QB doesn't exactly get to do much to change perceptions.  Hell we have Montez on the PS, so he's probably not even running the scout team

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is not the way to look at this.  Who else on the team is a 1st round QB that was starting beginning of the year and now folks are asking when he's going to be gone?  

people already wanted us to lose for Lawrence at the beginning of the season, which would mean he would be gone.

10 minutes ago, carex said:

people already wanted us to lose for Lawrence at the beginning of the season, which would mean he would be gone.

I don't get your point.  Mine is too much noise is coming from his direction, I'm not convinced there will be just as much noise if he's no longer on the team.  At first it will be breaking news, then he will be yesterdays news as the season is still going.

You think he'd have been a UDFA then

you're stereotyping an entire generation, that makes up the current majority of NFL players in fact, and you're applying that to him as a person so that damn well clouds your opinion. 

A third team QB doesn't exactly get to do much to change perceptions.  Hell we have Montez on the PS, so he's probably not even running the scout team

First off, I didn't stereotype an entire generation.  If you read my post, I  said it didn't pertain to all of that generation,  but that those that took responsibility and accountability were in the minority. Therefore,  I didn't profile anyone other than pointing out the obvious. 

If that "clouds my judgment ", so be it. My judgment is based on fact.

I'm not sure what you mean by I'd think he was going to be an UDFA. I nowhere said that. However, I think it is obvious he wouldn't have been drafted in the first round, 2and round, etc. Our assclown of an owner was the only dumbass that wanted to draft him at 15.

Think about that for a minute. We were the only team that would draft him at 15 IN THE 1st round of the draft.

That should say it all right there. 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

You think he'd have been a UDFA then

you're stereotyping an entire generation, that makes up the current majority of NFL players in fact, and you're applying that to him as a person so that damn well clouds your opinion. 

A third team QB doesn't exactly get to do much to change perceptions.  Hell we have Montez on the PS, so he's probably not even running the scout team

First off, I didn't stereotype an entire generation.  If you read my post, I  said it didn't pertain to all of that generation,  but that those that took responsibility and accountability were in the minority. Therefore,  I didn't profile anyone other than pointing out the obvious. 

If that "clouds my judgment ", so be it. My judgment is based on fact.

I'm not sure what you mean by I'd think he was going to be an UDFA. I nowhere said that. However, I think it is obvious he wouldn't have been drafted in the first round, 2and round, etc. Our assclown of an owner was the only dumbass that wanted to draft him at 15.

Think about that for a minute. We were the only team that would draft him at 15 IN THE 1st round of the draft.

That should say it all right there. 

you said the majority of that generation

and Haskins was always graded as a first round QB

30 minutes ago, carex said:

you said the majority of that generation

and Haskins was always graded as a first round QB

Lol. Actually,  no he wasn't.  Per the experts. Hence why they were having a blast throwing us under the bus (has if we need help with this piece of **** owner). 

And go ahead and believe that bs, ask the other 31 teams if he was a first round talent. Good luck with that.🤣

6 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Lol. Actually,  no he wasn't.  Per the experts. Hence why they were having a blast throwing us under the bus (has if we need help with this piece of **** owner). 

And go ahead and believe that bs, ask the other 31 teams if he was a first round talent. Good luck with that.🤣

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/dwayne-haskins-nfl-draft-profile-everything-to-know-about-team-fits-strengths-and-more/

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019dhaskins.php

https://www.nfl.com/news/2019-nfl-draft-dwayne-haskins-heads-day-1-s-top-value-picks-0ap3000001028205

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4/19/18411514/dwayne-haskins-nfl-draft-2019-quarterback-mock-teams-giants

1 hour ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Wow, carex, Love you some Haskins? Doesn't change he sucka ass. But hey, we're all Skins fans,so you go.🤣

no, I just live in reality and acknowledge what other people say.

I actually prefer game manager quarterbacks, not first round draft picks who are supposed to come in and save thing and are a big deal then disaster if they fail.  What can I say, I'm fundamentally a low risk kind of guy

and as for the last part, sometimes I wonder if we are

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't get your point.  Mine is too much noise is coming from his direction, I'm not convinced there will be just as much noise if he's no longer on the team.  At first it will be breaking news, then he will be yesterdays news as the season is still going.

Not sure I agree. Remember  Sua?

• 1 month later...

there's no reason to cut him now.  Even if this dumbass move leads to the end of his tenure on the team, keep him till the offseason and see if we can send him somewhere for a seventh round draft pick or as part of a swap for people the other teams need to get rid of

Please cut him now. He is loser. Besides the fact he was out partying after they just lost and still trying to win the division. Him going out is extremely selfish behavior during a pandemic that could expose his coach just coming off cancer treatment. Any human worth anything can tell you that isn’t the move. Time to move on. A clown will stay a clown. 

16 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

People still talking about trading a worthless asset? Ham Sandwiches have actual value.

Doug Dutch for John Beck

Dashaun Phillips for Lucas Crawley

Brock Osweiler a 2017 sixth and 2018 second  for a 2017 fourth

43 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

No. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the kid. He is so full of himself and cannot back it up on the field. But cutting him for that would be a bit drastic. I think Ron will give him a one game suspension. 

Why not make it a two game suspension? He's done after the year anyways.

Archived