• yes, but not until offseason
    • no, ride it out
    • no, trade him
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • too early
    • try to get ARod and act like we don't know who Haskins is

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Unpossible.  Hes suspect number 1 in driving the fan base into what some of you hate about it. 

Its Snyders fault we even have this thread, not the fans.

As usual, the anger of this fan base is pointing at the wrong target. Stay focused.

deadpool2_7.gif

the only time I ever think about Dan Snyder is on forums like this, and it's because fans bring him up. 

Snyder also doesn't think every move he makes is going to fail as soon as he makes it, unlike this fanbase

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@carex

I can see hope in waiting until this blows over and he can take back over as a starter before we decide to pick up his option. It is as small as this violin im playing right now for him.

Is that what some people actually want?  I'm not buying it. 

He's started 11 games in his career and has less than 350 passes.

The way our fans react to our players is pure BS

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Because that's what I want to do and see if anyone agrees with me.

To cut a guy after only 2 months in a new offensive system, on the surface, seems ridiculous, especially for a guy who only spent one year as a starter in college. Haskins threw 50 TD's in his lone year as a starter at Ohio State and beat out Joe Burrow who looks like he's gonna be a very good to excellent pro QB. So I would say "no", we can't cut him until he is given a solid year to learn this system. I guess I would have to ask "what do we have to gain by cutting Dwayne Haskins after 4 games in his sophomore professional career?" Unless, as some are suggesting there are personality or work ethic flaws, why not see if he can pick up the RR system and learn how to be a good pro? It seems like it would be crazy to cut DH this early into his career.

21 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I guess I would have to ask "what do we have to gain by cutting Dwayne Haskins after 4 games in his sophomore professional career?" Unless, as some are suggesting there are personality or work ethic flaws, why not see if he can pick up the RR system and learn how to be a good pro? It seems like it would be crazy to cut DH this early into his career.

This exactly why I made this thread and voted way I did, I've lost patience.  The franchise has been so bad for so long that I have no fear of cutting dead weight anymore if I believe its going to be a distraction.  I know I made a thread for Earl Thomas, if RR wanted him here then wanted him gone, it would be fast and I'd support it.  It's hard to fix a broken culture with leftovers on the roster, if Haskins is part of the problem, then it is what it is.

1 hour ago, carex said:

the only time I ever think about Dan Snyder is on forums like this, and it's because fans bring him up. 

Snyder also doesn't think every move he makes is going to fail as soon as he makes it, unlike this fanbase

Are you local?  Its almost impossible to not hear his name in convos on the street in NOVA when the franchise is brought up.

1 hour ago, carex said:

He's started 11 games in his career and has less than 350 passes.

The way our fans react to our players is pure BS

I'm following Rivera's lead on this, again, not getting ANY reps is sending a message that sounds like he's seen enough and doner then done, so so am I. 

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

l 'm following Rivera's lead on this, again, not getting ANY reps is sending a message that sounds like he's seen enough and doner then done, so so am I. 

no you are not, you created this thread looking for 😎 points and you got 🥶🤖&💩.

oh, I am the bot next to the &poop

25 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

no you are not, you created this thread looking for 😎 points and you got 🥶🤖&💩.

oh, I am the bot next to the &poop

I don't care if you like me or points, I'm trying to have fun with this to get from one day to the next.  You plan to hover over this thread forever, don't you have better things to do?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Are you local?  Its almost impossible to not hear his name in convos on the street in NOVA when the franchise is brought up.

I'm following Rivera's lead on this, again, not getting ANY reps is sending a message that sounds like he's seen enough and doner then done, so so am I. 

I don't talk sports, when we're not in a pandemic, I'm a subcontractor and I don't talk sports, politics or religion with the people I'm working for at the time

he has apparently been bumped down to third string.

I think it is extremely foolish to demote a first round draft pick after less than a year

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Arizona got a 2nd AND a 5th for Josh Rosen.

Rosen is definitely not worth more than Haskins.

Rosen's starting career is likely over. Haskins may yet win a starting job somewhere.

So there's not way I take a 7th rounder for him, or a 6th.

I think there's a reason Rosen went to Tampa

Rosen's starting career is likely over. Haskins may yet win a starting job somewhere.

Oh yeah I agree, I should have said at least a 7th rounder. On the other hand, we have to accept that Haskins hasn't shown much and has character issues. We can't be greedy. I think a 5th would be realistic, 4th in a really good scenario. Frankly I'd be happy with anything in return as opposed to chalking it up as a wasted first round pick and loss.

Who needs a QB? Jaguars and Colts come to mind, since Rivers won't be playing much longer. Maybe the Giants if they bail on Jones? Jets? Broncos? 

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You guys are dreaming if anyone will give us a pick for him.  They know we will have to cut him; so why waste a pick on him. You wait and you can get him for free.

Yup, at best we get a 2022 7th round pick if someone wants a free look.  Otherwise, he's got no value in the league.  Everyone knows how bad statistically he is.  He's a bust plain and simple.

14 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Try to trade him to get something of value back.  If you can't trade him, you have to cut him after this season.

cause god knows that salary on the third year of a rookie contract is a backbreaker

15 minutes ago, carex said:

cause god knows that salary on the third year of a rookie contract is a backbreaker

Keeping a roster spot for someone who has no shot of making it with the team seems kind of...I don't know...worthless?

10 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We'd basically be hoping to find a sucker like ARI did. 

Unless we're going to bring in another QB there's no point in cutting him. We need a third string QB and Haskins fills that role.

There's also a small chance that this will give him a jolt of reality and he starts to really put the work in to improve his game. Personally I think he'll act like a spoiled, entitled brat and fade into obscurity while shouting "WHY ME!?!" to anyone that will listen. He'll probably team up with Junior Galette on Twitter.

Let him stew, see how he reacts and then make a decision in the offseason. If they do want to sign another QB, then shop Haskins for a low pick or cut his lazy arse.

I don’t see the team cutting him. I’d expect him to see out that third year of his rookie deal in 2021, even if that means he’s buried at #3 on the depth chart.

I’d suggest the extra cap hit from cutting him, in a year that may be tight on space, makes that kind of more less viable also.

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I don’t see the team cutting him. I’d expect him to see out that third year of his rookie deal in 2021, even if that means he’s buried at #3 on the depth chart.

I’d suggest the extra cap hit from cutting him, in a year that may be tight on space, makes that kind of more less viable also.

I agree. Why cut him ? He's on a rookie contract, and could be a serviceable backup for a period of time. So I think the only way they cut him, is if he becomes a distraction or disruption.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I agree. Why cut him ? He's on a rookie contract, and could be a serviceable backup for a period of time. So I think the only way they cut him, is if he becomes a distraction or disruption.

He will be if he doesn't get reps in practice. He's gonna demand a trade, then next question is why is he a healthy scratch from practice?

There's not enough info to suggest his trade value isnt dead, I keeping seeing "unless its ugly", isnt it already?

Did he get reps today?

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He will be if he doesn't get reps in practice. He's gonna demand a trade, then next question is why is he a healthy scratch from practice?

There's not enough info to suggest his trade value isnt dead, I keeping seeing "unless its ugly", isnt it already?

Did he get reps today?

Unless there's a lot more extreme stuff behind the scenes, I wouldn't yet classify it as "ugly".

Just a bit awkward. And a bit weird.

Players being 'disciplined' is nothing new, and doesn't always equate or result in an ugly mess.

And awkward doesn't necessarily mean it's time to cut someone.

Unless there's a lot more extreme stuff behind the scenes, I wouldn't yet classify it as "ugly".

Just a bit awkward. And a bit weird.

Ya know, ill give you that we don't have enough facts yet.  I can't day he has trade value based on tape and fact we won't let him practice, if that's still true.  We may never know what happened, but to not even dress him says his value to us very loudly.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya know, ill give you that we don't have enough facts yet.  I can't day he has trade value based on tape and fact we won't let him practice, if that's still true.  We may never know what happened, but to not even dress him says his value to us very loudly.

I am totally speculating here, and could be way off, but maybe "not dressing" is a coach's way of tutoring a young player, by sending the message "Right now, you need to spend more time studying than playing". Sometimes coach's messages can be quite harsh, as a 'tough love', which Rivera is very much known for.

Or...it could be something more serious. Like you said, we just can't know right now.

But I absolutely do not see Rivera as the kind of guy, to do something to publicly humiliate a young player.

Cutting him doesn't make much sense to me and considering how he's been playing, I don't think we'd get much of a trade offer. He's still on a cheap rookie deal but would count almost $12 million in dead cap if we cut him now. The only way I'd do that is if he became a big time malcontent and distraction. If he just keeps quiet and keeps working, keep him. 

Archived