• yes, but not until offseason
    • no, ride it out
    • no, trade him
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • too early
    • try to get ARod and act like we don't know who Haskins is

30 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Cutting him doesn't make much sense to me and considering how he's been playing, I don't think we'd get much of a trade offer. He's still on a cheap rookie deal but would count almost $12 million in dead cap if we cut him now. The only way I'd do that is if he became a big time malcontent and distraction. If he just keeps quiet and keeps working, keep him. 

the one plus for his trade value is he was drafted by a previous regime and was benched after four games in a new system, with no preseason games.  I can see someone deciding he'd be worth something based on that

In fact now that I say that, was this first month the preseason for RR?

Just now, Jericho said:

Thing is, there's a non-zero chance he's still the best QB on the roster. And there's a very good chance he's in the top 2 QBs on the roster. That may not mean he is good, but the alternatives quite possibly are worse.

If you’re going for evaluation at the end of the year, I’d rather play Steven Montez than Haskins.  Guy doesn’t deserve one more snap here.  Unfollowing Kyle Allen (who did NOTHING to you) is utter failure of an act as a teammate.  What NFL team looks at that and says I want that player in my locker room?

3 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Montez does have a strong arm and great size.  I wonder if we'll see him before Alex sees the field

See if we can get Anthony Mix back. He’s tall, Montez is tall. What’s not to love?

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

If you’re going for evaluation at the end of the year, I’d rather play Steven Montez than Haskins.  Guy doesn’t deserve one more snap here.  Unfollowing Kyle Allen (who did NOTHING to you) is utter failure of an act as a teammate.  What NFL team looks at that and says I want that player in my locker room?

That seems overly ridiculous. Neither Haskins or Allen is particularly old. You don't need to play the youngest guy in the room just because he's youngest (actually, Montex is older than Haskins so that even isn't true). Particularly when said player is an UDFA. Not to mention you don't really learn much from 2-3 random games at the end of a lost season. Unfollowing Kyle Allen seems petty, but I think people are overreacting too much to social media if that dictates a player's entire future.

35 minutes ago, Jericho said:

That seems overly ridiculous. Neither Haskins or Allen is particularly old. You don't need to play the youngest guy in the room just because he's youngest (actually, Montex is older than Haskins so that even isn't true). Particularly when said player is an UDFA. Not to mention you don't really learn much from 2-3 random games at the end of a lost season. Unfollowing Kyle Allen seems petty, but I think people are overreacting too much to social media if that dictates a player's entire future.

Ron Rivera as old school as he is specifically stated he monitored Haskins social media in the off season and it was part of the reason he was named starter. It’s not nothing.

5 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Montez does have a strong arm and great size.  I wonder if we'll see him before Alex sees the field

Long shot of course but “Monster Montez” flashes some intriguing talent on his highlight reel. Strong arm, touch and he has serious wheels for his size. 

If things completely fall apart we could do worse than throwing him out there in the last few games to see what he can do.

Haskins’ cap hit next season is 4m, if we cut him that rises to 8.5m. If the cap really tanks next year, that would seem a drastic move to cut him. I’m thinking he must have taken a dump in Ron’s desk draw for it to get that bad.

Trade for a day 3 pick, maybe.

I’d be giving him another full season. Even if he’s #3 on the depth chart. That may not suit him though.

I'd trade him for whatever I could get.  

I wasn't so sure about cutting him, I don't want the cap to take a hit that big.  But I also don't want him sourpussing around and acting like a ****, I bet Ron doesn't either.  So that considered, cutting him is probably a viable option.  I don't know if teams will trade for him if they suspect Haskins being cut, being a free agent and not having to give up anything to get him.  

6 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ron Rivera as old school as he is specifically stated he monitored Haskins social media in the off season and it was part of the reason he was named starter. It’s not nothing.

Well, unfortunately Ron's old skoolness got him then.  Social media is easiest way to make whatever you're doing looking much better than it really is,....it's not reality.  

I think it's still too early to just bury the kid, but, his play on the field coupled with some of the reports we're hearing -- it's not looking good.  I made a post here some time after he was drafted hoping he'd workout, but, also saying (and I know it's wrong) a part of me hoped it wouldn't workout because Dan hand picked him.  Actually a part of me feels sorry for Dwayne -- he was clearly over drafted by someone that knows NOTHING about building a football team.  Who in the fuq drafts a QB in the 1st round and gives it to your "on the hot seat" HC and basically says "you better win with him or else"?  

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

If Kyle Allen cost us a 5th rounder then at this point I’d guesstimate that in order to trade Haskins we would probably have to accept another teams laundromat bill for at least an entire month.  If it’s a month that consists of the bye week then maybe that is manageable.  

Don’t you know they took the man’s pants? Those pants have more trade value now...

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Haskins’ cap hit next season is 4m, if we cut him that rises to 8.5m. If the cap really tanks next year, that would seem a drastic move to cut him. I’m thinking he must have taken a dump in Ron’s desk draw for it to get that bad.

Trade for a day 3 pick, maybe.

I’d be giving him another full season. Even if he’s #3 on the depth chart. That may not suit him though.

I believe his hit for a trade/release this year is $11M dead cap and just over $8M additional cap charge. We have around $20M of cap space available. 

I would shop him. We will not get much, maybe a 5th with some conditional upside but having him inactive, not taking snaps in practice and being unhappy around the building helps no one. It is in the teams and Haskins best interests to get him to a new start somewhere else.

Keep in mind this team will be the one that eats all of Haskins's bonus and his base salaries are fairly cheap moving forward. Thus, for 2021 and 2022, he will actually be $2M or less for another team. That should help his value some. I'm hoping we can get a 4th that could become a 3rd if certain conditions are hit. This becomes more achievable if a team loses its QB

Just now, method man said:

Keep in mind this team will be the one that eats all of Haskins's bonus and his base salaries are fairly cheap moving forward. Thus, for 2021 and 2022, he will actually be $2M or less for another team. That should help his value some. I'm hoping we can get a 4th that could become a 3rd if certain conditions are hit. This becomes more achievable if a team loses its QB

Josh Rosen is on a practice squad today. What makes you think Haskins is a better prospect at this point? He will yield a future 7 at best. Like a 2022 7th. In no world is he worth a 4th let alone a conditional that makes it a third. 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Josh Rosen is on a practice squad today. What makes you think Haskins is a better prospect at this point? He will yield a future 7 at best. Like a 2022 7th. In no world is he worth a 4th let alone a conditional that makes it a third. 

Haskins has outplayed Rosen and is a better prospect than him. You are leaving out that Rosen garnered a 2nd and a 5th when he was traded

Furthermore, Rosen said he had offers from other teams to join their active roster but chose to go to Tampa's PS to learn from Arians and Brady, similar to what Jameis did with the Saints.

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Haskins has outplayed Rosen and is a better prospect than him. You are leaving out that Rosen garnered a 2nd and a 5th when he was traded

Furthermore, Rosen said he had offers from other teams to join their active roster but chose to go to Tampa's PS to learn from Arians and Brady, similar to what Jameis did with the Saints.

How has Haskins outplayed Rosen? That’s nonsense. Rosen isn’t great but he’s better than Haskins.

Archived