Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs. Cardinals, 09/20 2020: What Do You Want To See?

Voice_of_Reason

Need to see Moses establish some consistency by having another solid game.

Scherff needs to start playing like a top 5 draft pick.

I want the defense to contain and confuse, I don't care about sacks although I'll take another 8.

No turnovers again by the offense.

I know I don't want to be reading tomorrow about another monster game from Peterson (like last week) while our running game struggled.  I want to see all this supposed motion and misdirection with pass catching running backs to put the Cards defense on its heels versus back to back "meh" running game performances.  As one of this board's biggest fans of Gibson I think this wish is doable.  

As for Haskins.  I think Murray by a wide margin is the better QB.  I am not down on Haskins but to me he's 50-50 boom-bust type.   So I'd love to see Haskins go toe to toe with Murray.  My ride with Haskins is very similar to how I felt about Kirk in his first few years where I was positive or negative on him depending on the day, constantly vacillated.  So to kill my confusion, I'd love to see Haskins keep pace with a QB who I thought was distinctly the best QB in that draft. 

43 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ugh.  Sad to say I called this back in training camp...

Yeah thankfully Darby isn't hurt (yet) but our secondary isn't that deep.  Wonder who is going to stop Hopkins?  Fitzgerald is still good.  I also like Kirk.  I envy the weapons the Cards have. 

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah thankfully Darby isn't hurt (yet) but our secondary isn't that deep.

I disagree - Darby, Moreau, Moreland, Curl, Stroman, Johnson.

That's a lot of capable bodies - just at corner alone.

We should be ok, unless their receivers and QB are just simply on fire, and getting the ball out quick.

Now, at Safety...not so deep

I want to see one of the young guys have a "THAT game" kind of a day where they guess right and rise up to have fun playing. Curl could, Moreland could, this team is just waiting to fall off the cliff in love with playing football again without all the attendant bull**** we've gotten used to.

Rivera is the guy to bring that out, I genuinely believe that.

One thing I’d like to see before the game even starts, in the film room Ron should drag a beaten disheveled Kliff Kingsbury in by the collar, pull down his pants in front of the team and wind his **** through the reel of one of those old timey projectors, pausing it as the tip is pressed directly against the burning hot bulb.

I want to see WRs other than Terry McLaurin stepping up and acting like they belong on an NFL team.  I want to see more out of the running game, more carriers for Barber, some screen passes to Gibson.  I want to see Haskins in motion early & often if the O-line looks as bad as it did in Week 1.   

On defense, I am afraid bend but don't break is about as much as we can expect from the secondary against this WR core.  As far as the pass rush goes.  I think against Murray, it is important that you focus on containing him first.  Murray is playing a lot like Wilson did early in his career.  It's not what he is doing in the pocket, it is once he gets outside, draws in the pursuit and then makes a play after scrambling around.  Take the sacks when they come, but do not let your aggressiveness be used against you to where you are over-pursuing and taking yourself out of the play.  Wrap up and tackle. 

On 9/19/2020 at 10:40 AM, Califan007 said:

- Continued dominating DLine play...make an undeniable case that the Eagles' injuries on their OLine were NOT the main reason our DLine looked so ferocious.

- Defense imits the amount of damage Murray does with his legs to far less than what he did last week.

- A stronger start offensively--a TD on the first drive would be excellent.

- No offensive or special teams turnovers, and to win the turnover battle.

- At least 2 or 3 offensive drives that are 6+ minutes long.

- Fewer 3-and-outs than the Cardinals.

- At least 3 runs that are longer than 12 yards.

- Defense having a 3rd down completion percentage of less than 35%

- Offensive yards per play over 5 yds; defensive yards per play allowed under 5 yards.

- No injuries that would keep anyone out of next week's game against the Browns.

giphy.gif

Archived