Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Eagles

KDawg

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

This is a credit to excellent drafting.

All 9 players on the first list, were draft picks of ours.

And BOTH of our 7th round rookies from this year, JSW and Curl, combined for nice-sized contributions in Game 1.

Not only are most of our key players draft picks of ours - but those positions have become an incredible strength.

Someone in the draft and scouting department is doing an excellent job.

I'm guessing it's Kyle Smith. So give that man whatever he wants.

7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Moses made him his ****

Health is the concern with Moses. In baseball it’s the guys who throw 90-91 that can’t survive if they lose anything, often times in football it’s the bigger, less athletic guys, who can’t afford to lose any bit of athleticism without the drop off being precipitous. 

But, to your point, those clips are very encouraging.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That, to me, is far more impressive than that clip of Trent leveling some guy that's getting retweeted over and over again.

Yes at least partially because Trent had a running start for momentum.

But Moses dominated his guy from start to finish, for several seconds.

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

55, Brandon Graham, looks like he quit. He did get a bit banged up, but that’s a rep that lacks his typical intensity.

Then Moses gets credit for stripping him of his will, and making him want to quit :)

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes at least partially because Trent had a running start for momentum.

But Moses dominated his guy from start to finish, for several seconds.

Then Moses gets credit for stripping him of his will, and making him want to quit :)

55 isn’t who Moses snatched the life out of, I wasn’t diminishing Morgan’s work.

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

@Skinsinparadise

Moses looking like a Hall of fame candidate in those above clips. Jk

LOL, i am not down on Moses.  I was just arguing weeks ago that Kerrigan was a better player when you said back then they are similar caliber.  But you backed off of that point, so all cool.  😀

As I told you then, just because Kerrigan won't start doesn't mean he won't get sacks.  A good D line is all about rotation and keeping dudes fresh, Kerrigan actually talked about it on 106.7 today ironically.  I have been OK with trading Kerrigan but that's because its a rebuilding club.    But as a rotational pass rusher, Kerrigan IMO will make an impact and even as a rotational guy it won't shock me if he gets around his typical 10 sacks.

Moses to me is a durable, high character player.  Decent player.  Slightly above average.  there are people here who are actually down on Moses, I wouldn't lump myself in that group but at the same time I think Kerrigan is distinctly a player player than Moses.   Now if we are talking Geron Christian -- i am genuinely a critic. 😀

My takeways:

-DLine is for real. Ton of depth and playmakers.

-Fabian should start over Darby

-LB's are suspect: Aside from getting a sack as a free-running blitzer - they barely had any splash plays. Left holes in coverage.

-Troy Apke looks a bit lost. Getting caught out of position several times. Got better as the game went on. I'll give him benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to being a first time starter against NFL caliber 1's. We'll see how he rebounds against a much better receiving corps in Arizona.

- RB's are meh. Barber had an OK game, but not a game-breaker. Gibson is a rookie, not too shabby but needs to learn reading blocks. Really want to see Bryce Love added in to help open up big-plays.

- Haskins - not spectacular, but not terrible. Off on accuracy, but made plays when he had to. I expect him to get better in the system as we go on.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LOL, i am not down on Moses.  I was just arguing weeks ago that Kerrigan was a better player when you said back then they are similar caliber.  But you backed off of that point, so all cool.  😀

As I told you then, just because Kerrigan won't start doesn't mean he won't get sacks.  A good D line is all about rotation and keeping dudes fresh, Kerrigan actually talked about it on 106.7 today ironically.  I have been OK with trading Kerrigan but that's because its a rebuilding club.    But as a rotational pass rusher, Kerrigan IMO will make an impact and even as a rotational guy it won't shock me if he gets around his typical 10 sacks.

Moses to me is a durable, high character player.  Decent player.  Slightly above average.  there are people here who are actually down on Moses, I wouldn't lump myself in that group but at the same time I think Kerrigan is distinctly a player player than Moses.   Now if we are talking Geron Christian -- i am genuinely a critic. 😀

Pff gave Josh Sweat, another former #1 HS DE recruited from the VA/DC/DM area, a significantly higher grade than than gave Chase Young; our OL did not perform well, though Moses had his moments. 

3 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Pff gave Josh Sweat, another former #1 HS DE recruited from the VA/DC/DM area, a significantly higher grade than than gave Chase Young; our OL did not perform well, though Moses had his moments. 

They also rated Moses really high. He is #6 among tackles at the moment.

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Good news/bad news deal here.

The other good news I'll take from that is that would mean LV has a very good OLine. Which is a good sign for us, because it means that David Sharpe, who we traded them for, may actually be a decent backup Tackle, caught up on the wrong end of a talented OLine

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Let’s be honest. We played well but Philly also shot themselves in the foot a whole bunch of times. The dropped 4th down pass by Ertz, the overthrow to Reagor in the 4th when he had his man beat... we were also playing against a team decimated by injuries among their OL and their all-purpose RB.

i expect a reality check next week. We’re not this good.

While all true. Do you honestly think the teams under Gruden would come back and win that game? Not a chance.

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m on the other extreme of holding onto talent and retooling should never be more than 2 years, so never really like idea of getting rid of talented players for bargain rates on toss up draft pick. Kerrigan playing limited snaps and decrease reps in the run game is a great idea. 

I’m with you on him making an impact (hard not to after that game lol), but it was great to see his emotion and genuine happiness after the game when receiving game ball and sack record. 

He had a great bounce to his step, hopefully he plays closer to level when he warranted being paid as the high paid RT. Stating the obvious, but if the C-RG-RT combination performs good that will be huge. 

Archived