Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Eagles

KDawg

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I was surprised that he was credited with 1.5 sacks.  I'm not piling on, love the guy and the entire DL was great against a crippled opponent. But again I watched him exclusively and it's not like he was dominating and getting close to Wentz all game long.  So I'm surprised to see so many positive comments about Chase after that game, that's all I'm saying.  

Yeah I thought he sucked at Ohio st too..gives up on plays to early..half ass's everything..should have went with an o linemen in the draft

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Good stuff here man...2 words for ya.. a real coaching staff...god it's been to long.

Yes.  A real head coach and defensive coordinator.  Jay was a good guy and a likable guy, but a Snyder lapdog and not a disciplinarian who commanded respect.  Rivera is that dude.  And I think Del Rio is, too.   

I'll also add that I think we missed AP yesterday.  I mean, if you're going to use Barber in that fashion, there'd have been room for AP.  I understand the logic behind releasing him but if you need a straight ahead runner who's hard to bring down, AP fits.

I'm also admitting I have a soft spot for the guy.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yes.  A real head coach and defensive coordinator.  Jay was a good guy and a likable guy, but a Snyder lapdog and not a disciplinarian who commanded respect.  Rivera is that dude.  And I think Del Rio is, too.   

😁👍😁👍

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'll also add that I think we missed AP yesterday.  I mean, if you're going to use Barber in that fashion, there'd have been room for AP.  I understand the logic behind releasing him but if you need a straight ahead runner who's hard to bring down, AP fits.

I'm also admitting I have a soft spot for the guy.  

Completely agree here..I said in the game day thread during the game I already miss flowers and I think jumbo hit me with a soft warning so I didnt wanna bring up missing ap already also but we could have used him yesterday...Gibson will be fine..had he not layed down instead of scoring yesterday I'm sure we would be completely over ap lol but it is what it is...and I trust river boat ron

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yeah I thought he sucked at Ohio st too..gives up on plays to early..half ass's everything..should have went with an o linemen in the draft

I knew daring to say anything about Chase here would result in this sort of response.   Read my posts again, I never once said he sucked, just said I didn't see the major impact others did even with 1.5 sacks.  I also said I have no doubt he will be great.  

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I knew daring to say anything about Chase here would result in this sort of response.   Read my posts again, I never once said he sucked, just said I didn't see the major impact others did even with 1.5 sacks.  I also said I have no doubt he will be great.  

So 1.5 sacks, which would mean he's on pace for 24 sacks this season, and both of those sacks involving fumbles, one of which we recovered, is not impactful?

Seriously?

He also forced an interception that would have lead to basically a walk in touchdown if it weren't for a phantom offside that was called.

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What a great morning, always look forward to getting online after a win.  As posted earlier the first 28 minutes was the same movie all over again.  But the score at the end of the half and of course the half time adjustments were great to see.  My thoughts:

I watched Chase virtually the entire game and I'm not sure why so many say he was impactful.  His edge in college was his quick start off the snap, it appeared after his off sides he became hesitant. Other than that partial sack at the end I just didn't see him do as much as others and again I watched him all game.

The game appeared to change once Kerrigan replaced Chase and made plays immediately.

I agree with the comment that Wentz lost the game for the Birds.  He missed 2 wide open deep shots at the end of the half, either could have been a back breaker. Then he was abysmal in the 2nd half making horrible throws and decisions. 

The Ertz drop may have been the play of the game. I totally saw them taking it down for the tying score on that drive.  

Run defense was much better than I had anticipated.  D Line and backers provided great pressure. After Wentz escaped Bostic they appeared to understand his escape move was to duck and they stayed low.  8 sacks was a joy to watch.

No turnovers and few penalties after a few stupid ones early. Can't say it enough, the turnover stat is the most important stat of all and we saw it again yesterday.  

We won the second half. Bite me Jay Gruden, you NEVER did that.

I still do not believe Haskins is the long term answer. He flat does not hit what he is throwing at often enough, continues to force throws into tight windows.  

Saying Chase was not impactful is entirely short sited. 1.5 sacks and 2 FF is pretty impactful from a rookie that virtually had no training camp or offseason. Not only that but it helped the rest of the D feast on wentz. 8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles (both from Young), and 2 INTs and Young had nothing to do with that? C'mon man.

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Sorry bruh but if you couldn’t or didn’t see the impact you don’t know football.  He had two forced fumbled 1.5 sacks and made everyone else better. That’s why we had 8 sacks 2 fumbles and 2 picks. He absolutely changes the dynamic of the dline. Or you’re just trolling folks this morning.

Just now, boston skins fan said:

was listening to the junkies and they said that rivera was getting an IV at the half and haskins gave the half time speech to the team.  anyone see this anywhere?

I saw this posted on Twitter last night from one of the normal local beat guys but can't remember who, but it was without a source.  It also mentioned Haskins giving some halftime speech.

1 minute ago, boston skins fan said:

was listening to the junkies and they said that rivera was getting an IV at the half and haskins gave the half time speech to the team.  anyone see this anywhere?

Yeah it was all over the reports yesterday after the game. The IV was precautionary and was planned, haskins gave a ripper of a speech though supposedly.

1 minute ago, ZarG3 said:

Saying Chase was not impactful is entirely short sited. 1.5 sacks and 2 FF is pretty impactful from a rookie. Not only that but it helped the rest of the D feast on wentz. 8 sacks in a game and Young had nothing to do with that? C'mon man.

Saying Chase was not impactful is entirely short sited. 1.5 sacks and 2 FF is pretty impactful from a rookie. Not only that but it helped the rest of the D feast on wentz. 8 sacks in a game and Young had nothing to do with that? C'mon man.

His stat line was impressive, no doubt. And I was not expecting him to play like Lawrence Taylor in his first game. Arguing this is pointless as the stats clearly show I am wrong. But watching him all game I saw a handful of good plays. His highlight tape on the Chase thread showed just that, a few good/great plays.

I know that's how it goes with a DL, they can make 2-3 plays a game and be considered having a great game but seems to be others had better games like Matt I and RK. That's all I'm saying, not at all claiming he did not play well or won't be great.  

12 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

To be fair I have no idea if tater is serious or not pretty much ever. This could be an actual take. 

I really thought the Eagles would trounce Washington.  But Rivera already showed what a competent coach means to a team.  Kudos for a good comeback.   Still think this is a sub .500 team, but in this crazy day and age, who knows?  

I also loved LOVED when it was 1st and goal on the 5 or so and we just pounded the rock 3 straight times and on the 3rd scored that TD.  Back in the Gruden era we would have threw 3 times in a row from shotgun and missed a FG. 

Or on first down do a toss so the RB would start running from the 15 yardline losing 10 yards then pass 2 times after that.  Then miss the FG

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I saw this posted on Twitter last night from one of the normal local beat guys but can't remember who, but it was without a source.  It also mentioned Haskins giving some halftime speech.

4 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

Yeah it was all over the reports yesterday after the game. The IV was precautionary and was planned, haskins gave a ripper of a speech though supposedly.

This is good to here they young man is stepping into his leadership role and the team responded.  I do know some were concerned about him being captain and if the team would respond to him

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I also loved LOVED when it was 1st and goal on the 5 or so and we just pounded the rock 3 straight times and on the 3rd scored that TD.  Back in the Gruden era we would have threw 3 times in a row from shotgun and missed a FG. 

Or on first down do a toss so the RB would start running from the 15 yardline losing 10 yards then pass 2 times after that.  Then miss the FG

We did not see a single fade route

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

His stat line was impressive, no doubt. And I was not expecting him to play like Lawrence Taylor in his first game. Arguing this is pointless as the stats clearly show I am wrong. But watching him all game I saw a handful of good plays. His highlight tape on the Chase thread showed just that, a few good/great plays.

I know that's how it goes with a DL, they can make 2-3 plays a game and be considered having a great game but seems to be others had better games like Matt I and RK. That's all I'm saying, not at all claiming he did not play well or won't be great.  

I understand where you are coming from. What's the old saying? Rome wasn't built in a day? haha

I do however hope that Logan Thomas learns to run better routes. My god is he freaking tall and has good hands, if he learns his route tree's we might have a good tightend.

35 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Completely agree here..I said in the game day thread during the game I already miss flowers and I think jumbo hit me with a soft warning

If you’re referring to when he said “don’t make me show you the flowers”, that wasn’t a warning in any way, pretty sure that was just him making a joke. saying you miss a player from last season wouldn’t result in a warning, don’t be silly 

29 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Had to throw my two cents in..just ****in around

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If you’re referring to when he said “don’t make me show you the flowers”, that wasn’t a warning in any way, pretty sure that was just him making a joke. saying you miss a player from last season wouldn’t result in a warning, don’t be silly 

Yes that's what he said..ya know..like dead..like buried and flowers are on my grave lol..maybe I'm just being silly..

20 minutes ago, purbeast said:

And there would have been a dumb Morgan Moses false start for good measure! ...  But yes, I agree - love the mentality this time to just keep at it on the ground that close to the goal line!

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

This should be a theme the entire season with the d-line, rotating in fresh guys all game long and beating down the opposing 0-line. As I watched the game yesterday you could see it happening. We go 7-8 deep.....that's huge.

If this trend continues we should nickname our 8th defensive lineman "balls" and see if anyone figures it out.

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

His spin move on Peters, while avoiding the RB chip, for the sack was awesome.  

As was young taking on a double team, fighting thru it, and tackling the ball carrier about a yard ahead of the line of scrimmage.  These plays have a huge impact on the rest.of the defense.  Not only is he a menace as a pass rusher, he defends the run well.  

Archived