Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Eagles

KDawg

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

I’d like to think we shot them in the foot, and the ass.

wow, our top 4 DB are in there every play.  It seems to me if anyone should need rotated out occasionally it'd be them.  Surprised Curl is in there ahead of guys like Stroman and Johnson

7 hours ago, KDawg said:

@LD0506

I don’t see anyone really getting too overly optimistic here...

He hit Wentz and helped cause the one play where they said Wentz was throwing... He sack/stripped Wentz. He had him in the backfield once, Wentz slipped right into 2 other defensive linemen for the sack. 

In the NFL he’s not going to look like the Chase Young in college. He had rookie moments. The offsides were big ones. Welcome to the big leagues, rook. 

He played the run really well too

1 minute ago, carex said:

wow, our top 4 DB are in there every play.  It seems to me if anyone should need rotated out occasionally it'd be them.  Surprised Curl is in there ahead of guys like Stroman and Johnson

While on the topic of top DBs

CD469CC5-A7E5-4D18-AA08-73D90F2CF540.thumb.jpeg.0a309505abf94deadb3eb4387ce7967f.jpeg

I mean it is nice for the media on Monday to be making excuses for the Eagles, but Sunday  morning they all still picked Philly and didn't think any of those injuries were reason enough to go against that pick.  Mooch even picked them as his lock of the week.  

Telling fans of WFT "yeah but the injuries" is a hard sell of an excuse because I look back at the  Gruden years and how the roster seemed to change drastically week to week due to injuries and it never even factored into any commentary on their close losses when the the games were being discussed by the media.

Pff didn’t give a 70+ to anyone on the line but Young. Philly couldn’t block anyone, so that’s a bit surprising.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yes, nobody else is intellectually capable of deducing what this genius has put together for us. Surely he won a few hundred thousand on Washington +220.

I think a lot of our secondary concerns are the linebackers. Seriously.

Sure, Apke on an island didn’t work well. But the adjustments helped. 

But the backers just aren’t good. I watched them quite a bit yesterday and I barely noticed an impact that wasn’t off a well schemed blitz.

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Was Morgan our best OL yesterday?

I can’t exactly die and go to heaven (zombie pun) so I know this is reality.

What’s happening? All of a sudden we are no longer in the darkest timeline.

Decidedly. 

Congratulations on the win WFT fans!  I didn't see the game, but did see the highlights.  I have to admit, I am a bit worried that Chase Young is going to become one of those "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him." type of dominant players. 

After the way 2020 has gone, it is fun to be able forget about the world and enjoy the little things, such as Philadelphia Eagles players getting tossed around like rag dolls.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I would think what we saw in terms of domination against the Eagles would never be the norm for any team, anywhere, ever. The most sacks by a team in a season is 72...if what we saw were the "norm" we'd be on pace for a 128 sack season lol...

The excitement imo is due to seeing a unit live up to its potential and seeing the level of talent that was on paper come alive on the field.

wow 72 sacks is still extraordinary...Bears

re: Philly O-line injuries.......ok sure, no one is denying that probably factored into the domination in the trenches, however......weren't most of the injuries there going into the game?  Did Philly coaches have so little faith in WFT's D-line that they didn't think they would need to have a bigger scheme planned to counter the pass rush?  Sounds like coaching also came into play because I guarantee in the 1st quarter you didn't hear much from Philly sports media complaining about their O-line.  Washington adjusted, Philly didn't...or couldn't. 

Someone posted the stats in this thread, Haskins was the 3rd most hit/sacked QB on Sunday, so it sounds like our coaching staff drew up a game plan assuming Haskins would be under a lot of pressure which is why we saw a lot of 3 step drops and out passes.   The Eagles had success early with 7 step drops and going deep.  Once the defense adjusted and took that away it's as if Philly left the rest of the playbook back at the Linc. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

re: Philly O-line injuries.......ok sure, no one is denying that probably factored into the domination in the trenches, however......weren't most of the injuries there going into the game?  Did Philly coaches have so little faith in WFT's D-line that they didn't think they would need to have a bigger scheme planned to counter the pass rush?  Sounds like coaching also came into play because I guarantee in the 1st quarter you didn't hear much from Philly sports media complaining about their O-line.  Washington adjusted, Philly didn't...or couldn't. 

Injuries accounted for, every expert picked philly to win. Today the injury narrative is comfort food for those who got it wrong & need to believe they really are experts

My notes from Game 1...

1. Our d-line is finally showing what we've been expecting from it for 3 seasons. 

2. Dwayne Haskins is still raw as a mofo. This will be a frustrating season for the offense.

3. We no longer have a running back on the roster.

4. We do finally have a bona fide, legit coaching staff. The adjustments at half time were something we haven't seen since Gibbs 2.0.

5. Mid-way through the 2nd quarter, I had already called them the Redskins about 17 times so I just gave up and called them the Redskins for the rest of the game. I support the name change but my mouth is going to take a while to adapt during games. 

6. We stole one yesterday and it felt amazing. Fantastic comeback. I had decided before the game that this seasons is about growth so a close game (loss) would have felt okay but to snatch that win from the jaws of a potential drubbing has me on a high today.

56 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Moreau and Moreland are our best corners. I don’t honestly think Darby is even in the convo

Don't forget about Kendall Fuller, once healthy I fully believe he takes over the #1 spot as our best corner. (Especially since how much cash we threw at him)

Fuller and Moreau on the outside, and Moreland in the nickel would be ideal in my humble opinion.

Archived