Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Eagles

KDawg

17 hours ago, mbws said:

I gave him the nickname, Dave Brown, Jr." 

Too funny you said this. I have been so out of touch with the NFL, and sports in general, I was blanking on his name before that game and kept coming up with Dave Brown.  Of course Brown could not hit what he was throwing at and Jones can so there's a big difference.  

23 hours ago, MartinC said:

It's a really strong WR class next year as well.

It better be, in the last 25 years only 15.2% of WR's drafted make a pro bowl.

3rd toughest position to draft behind QB and TE.  We need a pro bowl calibur WR, a true #1, IMO.

45 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It better be, in the last 25 years only 15.2% of WR's drafted make a pro bowl.

3rd toughest position to draft behind QB and TE.  We need a pro bowl calibur WR, a true #1, IMO.

I think Terry McLaurin is that #1 guy. But we need someone who is a legit #2 who can hurt a team who decide to double Terry - and we need a TE who can threaten a team down the seam if they decide to go zone heavy when you have that #2 threat. Right now outside of Terry we don't have anyone a defense needs to worry about as a matchup.

23 hours ago, MartinC said:

I think Terry McLaurin is that #1 guy. But we need someone who is a legit #2 who can hurt a team who decide to double Terry - and we need a TE who can threaten a team down the seam if they decide to go zone heavy when you have that #2 threat. Right now outside of Terry we don't have anyone a defense needs to worry about as a matchup.

I know people on ES are mixed on their opinion of Cooley but I'm not someone who spends a lot of time studying scheme or gameplans so I like him because my perception is that he does a good job breaking down our game film and I always learn something when I listen to him.

I listened to his breakdown of the offense yesterday and was surprised to hear him say he didn't believe Terry was a true #1, he said he thought he could become one but he didn't think he was there yet.

It's only one guys opinion but regardless I think if we use a 1st rounder to get that next WR and if its a top 10 pick I think we could have a great 1-2 punch on offense for years to come, if Robinson or Corey Davis hit free agency next year that might be a good move but recent history says teams don't let quality pass catchers hit the market, it's become one of the most valued positions in football.

I feel like we need another stud, not just because Cooley said Terry isn't a true #1 but based on the way offense is played in the NFL these days.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I feel like we need another stud, not just because Cooley said Terry isn't a true #1 but based on the way offense is played in the NFL these days.

Absolutely. I also agree with you re a really good WR in his prime years getting to free agency. I think you can get a slot of #3 type veteran though in free agency.

I'd be looking at the draft for WR help, the cupboard is pretty bare right now behind Terry and maybe Steve Sims.

Just saw some official Instagram videos from practice. One was Haskins to Sims on an out pass. Good throw and catch. But it showed Christian blocking a LB. 

His feet leave a lot to be desired.

Anyways, the LB he’s blocking goes inside and attempts to stunt with another LB, which I can’t see the number for... and they smash right into each other. 

🤦‍♂️

That did nothing for me to be eased about Christian or our backers. :ols:

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd be thinking a lot of 3 safeties this week with Fuller and Trap playing sides deep and corners allowed to play aggressive. The Cards are not beating anyone with a run game, so focus on destroying the passing game. Get to Kyler fast and hard and make him afraid.

I don’t know, Drake can slash and gash us if we don’t keep disciplined and worry too much about Kyler, he’s dangerous and very explosive 

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Hey, whaddya know--they blocked someone!

We who are about to die salute you.

Getting officially banned from a Filthadelphia fan board is the internet equivalent of receiving the Congressional Medal of Honor. No one can ever question your courage and best of all you'll never have to pay for another cyber-flagon of brew.

Well earned.

This ones for you sir!

Frosty beer in mug

15 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

We who are about to die salute you.

Getting officially banned from a Filthadelphia fan board is the internet equivalent of receiving the Congressional Medal of Honor. No one can ever question your courage and best of all you'll never have to pay for another cyber-flagon of brew.

Well earned.

This ones for you sir!

Haha, thank you, but I cannot take full credit (albeit, I have earned my fair share of blocks on Twitter). Someone posted that, and I had to bring it here.

22 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I know people on ES are mixed on their opinion of Cooley but I'm not someone who spends a lot of time studying scheme or gameplans so I like him because my perception is that he does a good job breaking down our game film and I always learn something when I listen to him.

I listened to his breakdown of the offense yesterday and was surprised to hear him say he didn't believe Terry was a true #1, he said he thought he could become one but he didn't think he was there yet.

It's only ones guys opinion but regardless I think if we use a 1st rounder to get that next WR and if its a top 10 pick I think we could have a great 1-2 punch on offense for years to come, if Robinson or Corey Davis hit free agency next year that might be a good move but recent history says teams don't let quality pass catchers hit the market, it's become one of the most valued positions in football.

Tennessee tried to give us Davis. More than once.

Man, I know it's over and we move on to the Cards blahblahblah but living in Delawhere? in the shadow of Philly there are SimpleGreen fans everywhere and this week has been amazing! They not only STFU, they disappeared, I have been wearing B&G all week daring someone to mention it and they slink away without a word.

Archived