Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Will Breakout this Year?

Fresh8686

On 7/15/2020 at 12:17 AM, KDawg said:

I have a feeling Antonio Gibson is going to be a major factor for this team. Not sure I’m ready to say break out for him... but keep an eye on him if the shortened offseason doesn’t hurt him.

Defensively... Chase Young.

yeah. Two rookies. I think this team has a few guys on each side who breakout, quite honestly, even if the team isn’t great this season.

Quoting myself from July for emphasis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 3:40 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

I never thought I would be saying this, but Troy Apke appears to be a good candidate. It's amazing what a little bit of motivation and development from the coaches will do for a player. 

Many of us were close to writing off Troy Apke and Geron Christian from the 2018 draft after last season. Now, here we are talking about both of them being potential starters. Kyle Smith seems to have a tendency to select raw players in the mid to late rounds of the draft but maybe we've never had a coaching staff committed to getting young guys on the right page. I don't have inside info on Gruden or anything but he seemed like a guy that would lean on his vets a little too often. 

Looks like I fell into the Trapke. 💩

11 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Looks like I fell into the Trapke. 💩

It's still early. Let's see if he can learn to process faster as the season goes on. It's not like he doesn't have the tools, he's just not making decisions fast enough.

KPL had a great game that kind of validates what I've seen in him, but again it's still early. We still have yet to find out who these people are on a consistent basis within our scheme.

7 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

It's still early. Let's see if he can learn to process faster as the season goes on. It's not like he doesn't have the tools, he's just not making decisions fast enough.

KPL had a great game that kind of validates what I've seen in him, but again it's still early. We still have yet to find out who these people are on a consistent basis within our scheme.

KPL will be our best LB since Fletcher. What a stud that guy is. 

1 hour ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Really?   I don't think he's a stud, I just think that after nearly a decade of linebacker turd sandwiches like Mason Foster and Will Compton, even a McDonald's hamburger will start to look like a filet mignon... 

If he plays like he did on Sunday on a consistent basis he's a stud. He had a great game and he's definitely our best LBer right now. 

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Put me down for Logan Thomas as breakout player this year. He's gonna get a lot of targets if he stays healthy and I think he'll have some big games.....

For being so big and athletic, he’s a bit awkward right? He’s not very fluid. I thought he shoulda caught that pass in the endzone last week. He was slow to have his hands ready and it came flying high. I hope He does ball out though!

21 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Put me down for Logan Thomas as breakout player this year. He's gonna get a lot of targets if he stays healthy and I think he'll have some big games.....

I think just the opposite, not very impressive. LT looks kind of slow and not overly athletic to me. Not having even an  average tight end is one of the things that is holding this offense back,I believe.

14 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

I think just the opposite, not very impressive. LT looks kind of slow and not overly athletic to me. Not having even an  average tight end is one of the things that is holding this offense back,I believe.

Dwayne is holding this offense back.

Kyle Allen will to answer your question.  It’s gonna happen by week 4 if we’re lucky.  I like Haskins but the kid is Young so is Allen but Allen has seen the speed of regular season, he’s more accurate, and he has speed and very elusive look at his videos on YouTube vs the packers. 

Archived