Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

55 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

By simple application of Occam’s Razor, it is clear that Dan Snyder is the problem. And when William of Occam and Bill Parcells both drive you to the same conclusion, you know you are on to something.

This has been totally 100% clear since Gibbs quit in 2007. Everything since then has just been a predictable comedic episode. 

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Hate to spoil my own strategical stratergizingness but as wtf as all that was and aside from what I "should" do, I'm not actually going to ban anyone. But I def advise those really getting away with some seriously lame ass bull**** avoid screwing up again any time soon 😈

Also I see some numbnutzs pming me already so just stop. I'm not gonna answer questions and I don't care about your why's. 

No, as in zero, comments in posts that feature any religion/religious or political/sociopolitical matters in any way shape or form.

As it's always been.

Just sit on it ya zero-control compulsive dipsticks.

I tried to google trad to understand it, then my PC went:

bsod-95.jpg

• Haha 2

On 10/20/2022 at 9:46 PM, hail2skins said:

Apparently they are giving away seat cushions at Sunday's game, but aren't giving them away until AFTER the game because they don't want the fans throwing them onto the field 😀

Hey, I got one of those! They were sorta haphazardly shoving them in our hands as we left the stadium. I guess they didn't want a recreation of this - which is weird because

-This is one of the more fondly remembered moments of that Gibbs I golden era

-This happened during a playoff game - seriously doubt people would do this during a mid-season game against a struggling Packers team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Hey, I got one of those! They were sorta haphazardly shoving them in our hands as we left the stadium. I guess they didn't want a recreation of this - which is weird because

-This is one of the more fondly remembered moments of that Gibbs I golden era

-This happened during a playoff game - seriously doubt people would do this during a mid-season game against a struggling Packers team

My guess is the team was sure we’d get destroyed by the packers since we’ve been awful this season, and didn’t want however few Washington fans there were to throw them onto the field mid-game in frustration 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those were the days! Nice seeing #79 dominating on the o-line.

Jim Lachey is probably the most underrated Redskins offensive lineman of all time. As great as big Jake (aka I-66  Akka Joe Jacoby) was if Lachey had stayed healthy he would have retired all world and a first ballot hall of famer. 

He had it all size, speed, smarts, toughness, "moxie" but injuries did him in.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Jim Lachey is probably the most underrated Redskins offensive lineman of all time. As great as big Jake (aka I-66  Akka Joe Jacoby) was if Lachey had stayed healthy he would have retired all world and a first ballot hall of famer. 

I love the WMAL call of this game - the guys in the booth were giggling like mad, as incredulous as they were delighted. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Not encouraging…

No offense to Mr Wallach, but if we are years into this discussion and he thinks he's unearthing something sitting in plain sight unconsidered he's a fool.  Why would it matter that Snyder can submit any testimony and evidence, when its behind NFL closed doors?  The NFL squashes an inquiry that would have shown illegal behavior by Snyder in the Wilkinson report, but he they dont have any provisions to keep their in-house meetings secret like the ones they hold multiple times a year?

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

No matter how negative the news might get on removing Snyder, I keep falling back to believing there is no chance he gets a new stadium. 

I don’t see how he can remain an owner without a new stadium. At some point, he’ll realize that he won’t make it or he will be removed somehow in the future. 

however, I am trying to be medium.

Something’s brewing, the NFL is using the media to put pressure on him. We just need to be patient and wait for it, whatever “it” is. 

it will probably take longer than any of us want it to. In fact, it already has. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

No matter how negative the news might get on removing Snyder, I keep falling back to believing there is no chance he gets a new stadium. 

I don’t see how he can remain an owner without a new stadium. At some point, he’ll realize that he won’t make it or he will be removed somehow in the future. 

Something’s brewing, the NFL is using the media to put pressure on him. We just need to be patient and wait for it, whatever “it” is. 

it will probably take longer than any of us want it to. In fact, it already has. 

This is exactly it. When the initial reports came out in 2020, it didn’t feel like that was as discussed on ESPN and NFLN as much as the ESPN story. They are bleeding him via a 1000 cuts. I expect more and more to keep coming out

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

This is a huge fallacy. Even if he could get a stadium it would not solve his problems. No one is paying 25k per seat in PSL fees for a stadium in rural Virginia with Snyder as owner. They slashed prices this year and are basically giving away 3 games for $99 plus a $10 Safeway gift card and they can only manage to fill it to 70% capacity max when filled with Eagles fans. A new stadium doesn’t solve any of it. Sure people will want to check it out and there will be an initial bump for demand in the inaugural season and second season but all of that will be on the secondary market. People are not paying 50 grand PSL for a pair of average seats for this team with Dan as owner. Not gonna happen. There is NOTHING that can redeem Dan now. It’s game over.

The key to the operation now is tweeting support messages to Irsay. He wants to come across as some sort of savior and is loving the positive attention he’s getting from Washington fans. He’s even mentioned how they need to listen to fans. Keep chanting sell the team and keep heaping praise on other owners who speak up. That’s how this ends and the end is very near. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

And the Eagles picked Indiana offensive tackle Kevin Allen ahead of Lachey. Allen lasted one season before getting cut and vanishing from the league. He might have even ended up in prison. The Eagles were an absolute clown show after Vermeil retired, up until Buddy Ryan’s third year. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

They slashed prices this year and are basically giving away 3 games for $99 plus a $10 Safeway gift card and they can only manage to fill it to 70% capacity max when filled with Eagles fans.

Given the current capacity, the Eagles game was sold out (64K) and they got 58K against the Jags and 60K against the Packers. Tennessee was weak at 51K.

I hope you're right regarding Snyder, but I'm skeptical of him being removed, and especially if this team somehow gets its act together and can sustain a few playoff seasons in a row. I know you mention PSLs, but there just seems to be enough stupid money around DC that I think you'll have enough people willing to pay it if this team can somehow luck into a modicum of sustained success. But we'll see.

44 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

And the Eagles picked Indiana offensive tackle Kevin Allen ahead of Lachey. Allen lasted one season before getting cut and vanishing from the league. He might have even ended up in prison. The Eagles were an absolute clown show after Vermeil retired, up until Buddy Ryan’s third year. 

Aside from Vermeil's brief success, Philly was a clown show from the early 60s (after the championship and 1961) through the late 80s. Of course you guys have been one of the gold standard teams of the league since.

Hope you're enjoying the Phils WS run. My buddy went to the game on Sunday at CBP and said it was nuts. Saw that tickets for the WS are crazy on the secondary market.

• Sad 1

Sheehan on right now with lawyer from Rockville guy.

Bad news all around as far as the hearing goes.

The 24 votes is one thing that could happen but if it does there is a requirement that a hearing with no limit on evidence, testimony, witnesses even rumors be held.

This is a game changer.

Sheehan's conclusion at the moment: The only way Snyder leaves is if he somehow voluntarily agrees to sell the team. 

The hearing would be a **** show on both sides-- the business equivalent of mutually assured destruction.

No limit to the damage that could be done to Snyder (who has nothing to lose and no shame), the commissioner, the other owners and the shield itself.

Worst of all everything submitted can be used in public court if/when Snyder is ousted and decided to fight it in court.

No way the NFL risks that kind of exposure. Snyder could say things that could open them up to years of scandal and potential lawsuits from all angles. Incalculable risk.

Not looking good at the moment. Real downer of a segment.

My question: Can the bylaws be changed so that there is only a very limited hearing after the vote to remove?

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

That means the only way to get Snyder out is for major corporate sponsors to start pulling out of the NFL, or at least with the Manders. Eventually NFL owners are going to have to wake up and smell the burnt toast, and realize that no matter how difficult it may be to get rid of Lil' Danny And His Trophy Wife, that it will be worth it in the long run because Snyder is clearly costing all of them money.

If some financial wizard produced a spreadsheet indicating just how much more $$$ the owners would make if Snyder was gone, and how much he has cost them already, that may move the dial.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

35 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

My question: Can the bylaws be changed so that there is only a very limited hearing after the vote to removed

I don't see why they can't change the rules to whatever they want to in order to do anything that they want to. They made these current rules in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It would be hilarious actually if the NFL changed the rules to make it really easy to get rid of the clown, then required NDAs about the entire ordeal so that nobody could say a thing about any of it (Just like Doofus Dan always does to everyone who has ever been around him) and then a day later change all the rules back after he was disposed of.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

When I was a kid, I always called Lachey Latchey.

You had the skills to be on Farquaad’s alumni event planning team as a little kid. Too bad you wasted it by learning how to properly spell people’s names. 

If the other owners are really worried about any dirt he might have, they could simply implement policies that would squeeze him out financially. If his cash flow is really an issue as Jerruh hinted at, that might be easier than it seems from the outside. *POOF* No hearing. Sure he could sue about those issues, but I doubt any judge would allow him to enter unrelated info into evidence for lawsuits about that.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I was raised to hate Peter King, but he's not wrong here...

The problem of course is Peter King didn't even reference things like intimidating witnesses and more. Those things most definitely happened within the past 2 years and it shows the culture has not changed, instead he referenced the record, stadium crowd etc.    

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peregrine said:

No offense to Mr Wallach, but if we are years into this discussion and he thinks he's unearthing something sitting in plain sight unconsidered he's a fool.  Why would it matter that Snyder can submit any testimony and evidence, when its behind NFL closed doors?  The NFL squashes an inquiry that would have shown illegal behavior by Snyder in the Wilkinson report, but he they dont have any provisions to keep their in-house meetings secret like the ones they hold multiple times a year?

It doesn’t matter. There is also no grounds of requiring legality. They can remove him for conduct detrimental to the league. It’s easy to do 

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sheehan on right now with lawyer from Rockville guy.

Bad news all around as far as the hearing goes.

The 24 votes is one thing that could happen but if it does there is a requirement that a hearing with no limit on evidence, testimony, witnesses even rumors be held.

This is a game changer.

Sheehan's conclusion at the moment: The only way Snyder leaves is if he somehow voluntarily agrees to sell the team. 

The hearing would be a **** show on both sides-- the business equivalent of mutually assured destruction.

No limit to the damage that could be done to Snyder (who has nothing to lose and no shame), the commissioner, the other owners and the shield itself.

Worst of all everything submitted can be used in public court if/when Snyder is ousted and decided to fight it in court.

No way the NFL risks that kind of exposure. Snyder could say things that could open them up to years of scandal and potential lawsuits from all angles. Incalculable risk.

Not looking good at the moment. Real downer of a segment.

My question: Can the bylaws be changed so that there is only a very limited hearing after the vote to remove?

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

I dont know why people are freaking out. Who cares about evidence testimony or witnesses. It doesnt change anything. There will be no court trial. Its all in the bylaws. Once hes voted out hes gone. Just a matter of when. 

• Like 2