Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I don't think we win one division game this year.  If we do, it's the Dallas game, should Dallas have a playoff spot wrapped up by then.  Even then, I'm not so sure we win.  Everyone in the NFC East is playing football on a totally different level than us.   

TBH, with the latest developments concerning the owner, etc., what happens on the field has taken a very, very distant second place to me.  We aren't winning squat until Danny's gone, which we all know too well.  Bottom out (not tank) for a high draft pick in a QB prospect-rich draft?  For a normal organization, sure.  Sounds great.  We'd either pick the wrong guy or pick a guy that soon after has to have a whole new coaching staff thrust upon him.  Likely a staff that wants to do different things than the new QB does.  Or we just fail to put a team around him.

Either way, I'm more locked into the whole ownership thing now.  Whatever it is Ron and his staff are putting on he field just doesn't really matter anymore. 

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 8

47 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

To get to 8 wins, this team would have to beat Dallas and Philly next time we play them.  We aren’t beating Philly and the only way we beat Dallas is if they rest their starters for the week 18 matchup. 

This isn’t how the nfl works. 

making projections about something many weeks away is silly. Playing the schedule game make no sense for anyone who pays attention year after year. 

Edited by tshile

26 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I mean I get it but at the same time its hard for me to just ignore them doing poor things that set this organization back on the field. Regardless of Dan. 

It’ll be easier on you when you’re able to rationalize that nothing on the field matters until he’s gone, so it’s a lost cause. It’s all a placeholder in purgatory until we get a new owner, because it’s not real. We don’t start the season with a real chance to win like almost every other team does. It’s a mirage with Snyder.

Like, I can still chat about the games here (including the flaws with Rivera that you’re referring to) but more out of 15 years of habit, because I know it doesn’t actually matter until we get a fresh start. When this thread kicks up (especially lately) I don’t even enter other threads, because who cares? 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Like, I can still chat about the games here (including the flaws with Rivera that you’re referring to) but more out of 15 years of habit, because I know it doesn’t actually matter until we get a fresh start. 

This is what the team relies on too. "Yeah, they are mad but at least the fans are talking about the games" .

Is the ratio of on field vs off field talk even now or maybe more about off field? I don't know. They'll take either over apathy in Ashburn. 

If tomorrow was a game with low fan turnout and those there chant sell the team and pro Irsay stuff for the entire time loud enough to be heard on the broadcast for 4 quarters, that would be nice. Keep focused. **** the game itself. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sheehan on “Disheveled Dan”, the MJW investigation, the state of the franchise and MOST CRITICALLY what needs to be done.

Great read by a passionate man who once loved the team as much as any one of us only to see it mismanaged into the league’s undisputed embarrassment and laughingstock both on and off the field:

Kevin Sheehan: 'Snyder has to go!'

“This can’t be about the Mary Jo White investigation.”

Kevin Sheehan has had enough of the Daniel Snyder drama and investigations.

Voicing his displeasure with Snyder and the NFL process, Sheehan on his Wednesday podcast was a great listen.

Sheehan declared Mary Jo White is investigating matters that are “purely he-said, she-said” and that Jason Friedman, former franchise business employee, “has lied under oath,” and that “it is possible that Mary Jo White may conclude nothing.”

I voiced my concerns about the MJW investigation as Freidman is not credible and the Tiffany Johnson allegation is hearsay with no proof.  As so many owners are waiting on this report if it is not damaging how do they justify voting him out.  

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I voiced my concerns about the MJW investigation as Freidman is not credible and the Tiffany Johnson allegation is hearsay with no proof.  As so many owners are waiting on this report if it is not damaging how do they justify voting him out.  

Those are not the only things the investigation will encompass, those are the inciting incidents. She could dig up who knows what by starting with those incidents and digging, interviewing, etc. We still don’t know what was in the first report

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

DGF,

Soberingly good points. --sigh--

Hopefully, we will be pleasantly surprised by unexpected negative disclosures in the MJW report and maybe the league has already made up it's mind and doesn't give a damn what is in the report because they've decided to be done with "Disheveled Dan" and his traveling clown show once and for all.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

DGF,

Soberingly good points. --sigh--

Hopefully, we will be pleasantly surprised by unexpected negative disclosures in the MJW report and maybe the league has already made up it's mind and doesn't give a damn what is in the report because they've decided to be done with "Disheveled Dan" and his traveling clown show once and for all.

This is what the overwhelming majority of media talking heads are thinking.  Even those that normally don't give an ounce of credence that Dan's ownership could be in serious trouble.  So many are saying he's already out; it's just a matter of letting the MJW report finish for optics sake.  They are also in agreement that the Irsay interview was anything but rogue.  It was entirely decided upon behind closed doors as the first steps in the process of removing Dan.  

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

It’ll be easier on you when you’re able to rationalize that nothing on the field matters until he’s gone, so it’s a lost cause. It’s all a placeholder in purgatory until we get a new owner, because it’s not real. We don’t start the season with a real chance to win like almost every other team does. It’s a mirage with Snyder.

Like, I can still chat about the games here (including the flaws with Rivera that you’re referring to) but more out of 15 years of habit, because I know it doesn’t actually matter until we get a fresh start. When this thread kicks up (especially lately) I don’t even enter other threads, because who cares? 

This totally. On field or coaching details are simply meaningless until we get that dip **** out. I look forward to the day football discussions matter again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I fear the MJW investigation will just say there's no physical proof so nothing can be proven. That's always the problem with sex pest claims.

As far as Friedman being an unreliable accuser, both things can be true. Friedman can be a scumbag AND he can be telling the truth about the finances. Snyder's lawyers know this but it's the only thing they can hold on to.

I am not sure there has to be anything that concrete from the report. The reality is this is a very exclusive private club. Irsay speaking up suggests reglardless of if any laws have been broken there is anough garbage and drama ruining the brand from snyder they are done with him and want him out of the club. So they can take the report and make what they want out of it. 

Sometihng like: We realize no laws have been broken but there is enough evidence that Dan Snyder is not running the Commanders in a way that is up to the NFL standards of common decency and fairness, it is time to move in a differenet direction bto protect the franchise and the brand. 

I get this may be a pollyanna view of this but again I really believe Irsay speaking out was a signal to Dan and anyone paying attention that the other owners are done and ready to move on. Of course they need to wait for the report. But that's so they can say they did all they could and then list the issues even if they are not issues. It gives them cover unless it says he did nothing wrong at all and it was all totally made up and the Commanders run an awesome organization. If that happens I will want to know how much danny paid everyone who was on the investigation team. 

I very well could be wronrg - it's happened before, well I might be wrong about that 🙂 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I fear the MJW investigation will just say there's no physical proof so nothing can be proven. That's always the problem with sex pest claims.

As far as Friedman being an unreliable accuser, both things can be true. Friedman can be a scumbag AND he can be telling the truth about the finances. Snyder's lawyers know this but it's the only thing they can hold on to.

From what I got, MJW usually comes up with the report the NFL wants to have.

In this situation, I believe it wouldn't be hard to write it in a way that makes Dan look bad for the NFL, and kick him out just because the other owners wants it.

I've taken Irsay's saying like a way to tell Dan: "You should sell all by yourself now while you can, or we're gonna rape you in the selling of the team."  Really looked like a public warning to me. But Dan is too stubborn to get it.

And honestly, I would find it fun if the owners force the sell at less that what he could hope for if he was selling willingfully. I believe he wouldn't have much say in the price if he's forced out. It may be a mutual agreement, but sometimes those are like take it or take it kind of deal. They'll have to settle for the true value of the team and that's it. Dan won't probably make all the money he'll dream out of it, and I would love that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Remember, reports were the Wilkinson report, if written down, was going to recommend he sell the team.  That was hushed up, but it means whatever they found EVEN in a cover up was enough for them to think he needed to be removed.  None of those past events have un-happened, so this report can very easily do the same.  It appears it just depends on what Lord Goodell's directive was.

And the big monkey wrench in it all is the Gruden lawsuit, as if that does indeed include discovery theres no way Dan doesnt look way worse than Gruden after its all said and done.  It would be ironic to have the very manipulation Dan used to get discovery on unrelated items come back to haunt him.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, dyst said:

I wish I could go back to those old discussions about Snyder to see who here used to fiercely defend him, just to get a good laugh and ask those people some questions.

There's nothing to stop you from looking up those old threads. I've done it myself before. Pretty funny stuff. 

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

There's nothing to stop you from looking up those old threads. I've done it myself before. Pretty funny stuff. 

Many have been archived over the years, or lost during upgrades and migrations.  Can ask mods to unarchive specific threads.

11 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Remember, reports were the Wilkinson report, if written down, was going to recommend he sell the team.  That was hushed up, but it means whatever they found EVEN in a cover up was enough for them to think he needed to be removed.  None of those past events have un-happened, so this report can very easily do the same.  It appears it just depends on what Lord Goodell's directive was.

And the big monkey wrench in it all is the Gruden lawsuit, as if that does indeed include discovery theres no way Dan doesnt look way worse than Gruden after its all said and done.  It would be ironic to have the very manipulation Dan used to get discovery on unrelated items come back to haunt him.

This is what I'm saying. Is there any doubt the league tried their best to cover for Dan and wash their hands of all of this with the Wilkeson Report, the "punishment" etc?  Have they done a complete 180 in such a short amount of time?  I'm not totally convinced.  

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is what I'm saying. Is there any doubt the league tried their best to cover for Dan and wash their hands of all of this with the Wilkeson Report, the "punishment" etc?  Have they done a complete 180 in such a short amount of time?  I'm not totally convinced.  

Perhaps Snyder's inability to get a stadium deal done has clarified minds among the owners. It's a direct, real-world consequence of all the bad behavior that led to the Wilkinson investigation.

Also, it may be that Jerry's power and influence isn't what it once was. There are a number of newer owners around the league who are massively wealthy in their own right and might not be as "awed" by him.

• Thumb up 1