Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

He's had 23 years to stumble into success and has gotten in the way of it multiple times.  He fired Turner with a record of 17-12.  Fired Schottenheimer after one 8-8 season.  Forced Spurrier into drafting Ramsey.  He hired Zorn first as an offensive coordinator, and then named him the head coach.  He wanted to trade 3 first rounders for Jay Cutler.  He pushed for McNabb.  He chose his "star" quarterback over a proven NFL head coach in 2013.  He actually lucked into drafting a franchise quarterback in 2012, and they let him walk for nothing in 2018.  He forced the team to draft Haskins.  I don't doubt he also was heavily involved in the decision to pursue Wentz.  

And this is just the on the field issues.  

Supposedly overruled Kyle Smith on Guice.  Smith was worried about his character, Dan not so much.    Fell in love with Brady Quinn, thankfully he listened to his scouts that time.  Overruled the scouts who wanted Jordy Nelson -- Dan loved instead Malcom Kelly.  

Helped feed the diva into RG3 that helped blow up his career.  Chased out Brady Johnson because he loved himself some Jeff George.  He i read somewhere was the dude who drive the Patrick Ramsey pick.  Wanted to trade two first rounders for Chad Johnson but luckily got rejected.   Got outbid trying to trade up for Mark Sanchez. 

Got rid of John Scheinder who was running personnel for Marty to bring back Vinny.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am not a big fire the coach guy, but it’s time Ron is a great guy, went through heck here but it’s time to go.  The problem I have is who gets interim, no way I want Del Rio I would fire him also. We have talent not terrific talent but talent enough to win 10 to 11 games with our schedule. Ron personal decisions killed him, Sheriff didn’t really want to be here but Norwell and Turner are jokes.

55 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Worse, how exactly?  We are an abomination from top to bottom.

Whats the worst thing that could happen - the new owner loses a lot of games?  Perhaps they could even lose enough to select at the top of the draft.

Not a chance new ownership could be as smug and incompetent as this one.  0% chance.

Agree.

I can't think of an owner in the two sports I follow baseball and football worse than Dan.

The odds we will do worse is close to zero.

What owner is the combination of cheap, smug, nasty, delusional, sleazy, incompetent and at times flat out stupid -- who with all of that also interferes in personel and has the worst instincts in sports.  I think a 2nd grader can make better personnel decisions than Dan -- I think I can just throw darts or use some random computer program to make personnel decisons without knowing a lick about football and do better than Dan. 

When Seinfeld did that opposite episode with George -- to me it was fitting for Dan.  He'd have much better luck if he did the opposite of every instinct and this isn't me being snarky -- I truly believe it when it comes to Dan.  It amazes me that he hasn't hit on some of his moves just based on random luck.   But alas, that has eluded him completely -- only story I can think of is he supposedly wanted Santana Moss in that draft and Marty disagreed -- outside of that I can't think of one good football decision attached to him.  

Steinbrenner was a jerk based on multiple accounts and delusional but n ot a coward liike Dan he can face the music and he was the opposite of cheap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what the vacation benefits are for social media workers. Are they expected to take their work with them since it's able to be done by phone? This feels a lot like a recent Sally Forth arc. Sally joined a dumpster fire of a company whose office was run by an overbearing, soon-to-fired manager that she used to be friends with. Hardly a week or two into the job, she took a vacation to escape the overbearing boss. The boss was fired by the time she returned.

I think Jean could really do with a vacation right about now.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

- Caused Spurrier to quit after 2 seasons

Eh, I don't put Spurrier quitting on Snyder.  I put hiring Spurrier on Snyder after firing Marty, which I still think was the worst move he's made as an owner.  

Spurrier didn't realize you couldn't just draw up those ol' ball plays and run them ol' ex-gators and score lots of points. He became disinterested in coaching in the NFL after the third game in his first regular season when he realized it wasn't going to be like Osaka and Vandy wasn't on the schedule.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I haven't read the tweets where she calls someone a troll yet...but in the one you posted she responded to what appears to be either a question based on lack of knowledge or a rhetorical questions to convey judgement, and her answer wasn't really a sign of anything other than correction.

"I havent read the tweets where she calls someone a troll yet", "Just for accuracy sake, it's more like she's being the troll than calling others "trolls"

Also Califan, 'Why spend the 20 seconds reading her tweets when I can disagree with people who are right?'

It was just about her first tweet response in her new "Defending Dan" position.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, I don't put Spurrier quitting on Snyder.  I put hiring Spurrier on Snyder after firing Marty, which I still think was the worst move he's made as an owner.  

I was mostly joking because I originally said Snyder fired Spurrier...it was an attempt to keep the point of my post on track lol...

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

"I havent read the tweets where she calls someone a troll yet", "Just for accuracy sake, it's more like she's being the troll than calling others "trolls"

Also Califan, 'Why spend the 20 seconds reading her tweets when I can disagree with people who are right?'

It was just about her first tweet response in her new "Defending Dan" position.

You mean people who literally say "She's calling people 'trolls' " and then post not one but two tweets of her never using the word "troll"?...Is that what you mean?

Plus, why should I have to spend even 3 seconds looking for whatever the person is talking about when I can just ask them what they're talking about? That's how normal conversation goes lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Plus, why should I have to spend even 3 seconds looking for whatever the person is talking about when I can just ask them what they're talking about? That's how normal conversation goes lol...

You were literally wrong, actively disagreeing with someone who was better informed and literally right, and thats about usual.  

Im not surprised normal conversation for you is like that and you dont care about knowing what you are talking about before talking, but at least show more self awareness than Snyder.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative, I always say....

What about when you acknowledge that it's not a fact like I did in that edit? lol...

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 11.26.12 AM.jpg

4 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

You were literally wrong, actively disagreeing with someone who was better informed and literally right, and thats about usual.  

Im not surprised normal conversation for you is like that and you dont care about knowing what you are talking about before talking, but at least show more self awareness than Snyder.

You're being reactive simply because it's me instead of actually reading and understanding what I wrote.

For example...show me where I was wrong. Seriously. I'll wait before responding further.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What owner is the combination of cheap, smug, nasty, delusional, sleazy, incompetent and at times flat out stupid -- who with all of that also interferes in personel and has the worst instincts in sports.

Ted? Ted fits almost all of those except for Sleazy

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

I'll help you out lol...I'll just act as if you asked me to 😉

You said I was "literally wrong"...correct? Let's investigate that further:

Me: "I haven't read the tweets where she calls someone a troll yet."

Was I wrong there?...Did I in fact read tweets by her where she called people "trolls" and just, what...forgot?...I mean, it's possible you misunderstood that sentence, and that you read it as "I have yet to read a tweet from her where she calls someone a troll." That's a completely different sentence with a completely different meaning, but maybe that's how you wrongfully interpreted it.

Me: "Just for accuracy sake, it's more like she's being the troll than calling others "trolls"

Was I wrong there?...Was she not being a troll?

I mean, maybe she wasn't being one...then again, nobody said she wasn't being one, so not sure how I could have been proven wrong there.

I also seemed to (wrongfully, in your eyes) believe you can be a troll without calling someone else a "troll"...Kind of like calling someone a pervert without being a pervert yourself lol...I mean, it's possible you misunderstood this one as well and--for whatever reason--believe being a troll and calling someone a troll are the exact same thing.

But just to add clarity for you, here's what I did not say, in any way, ever:

Me: "She has never called anyone a 'troll'..."

Read that one again...never said it, or anything like it. At all. Not once.

That's a good starting point. So I'll ask again: show me where I was "literally wrong" and what I was "literally wrong" about...you're welcome lol.

EDIT: almost forgot…here is where you claim that I’m playing semantics to avoid showing me where I was “literally wrong”. 👍

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

firing two coaches in 5 years isn't a big deal....firing two coaches mid season is a bigger deal.  Dan fired one mid season and I agree that was a mistake.  

Midseason?

Norv was fired with 3 games left. Jay was fired after starting 0-5.  Neither firing really midseason.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Supposedly overruled Kyle Smith on Guice.  Smith was worried about his character, Dan not so much.

In fairness to Dan (and I loathe typing that out), there was this weirdness about the red flags about Guice's character, and the media did everything they could to provide cover for them by talking about how he was always smiling and liked lollipops.  It was bizarre.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

In fairness to Dan (and I loathe typing that out), there was this weirdness about the red flags about Guice's character, and the media did everything they could to provide cover for them by talking about how he was always smiling and liked lollipops.  It was bizarre.

I loved Guice on the draft thread before we took him.  I had no idea about the character concerns which apparently ran deeper than what the media put forth.  Joe Banner indicated that teams knew hence Guice dropped in that draft.  I saw one reporter said Carolina didn't have Guice even on their draft board at all.  I got the impression listening to Russell, Kyle Smith was in the loop as to knowning more than what the media put out. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I loved Guice on the draft thread before we took him.  I had no idea about the character concerns which apparently ran deeper than what the media put forth.  Joe Banner indicated that teams knew hence Guice dropped in that draft.  I saw one reporter said Carolina didn't have Guice even on their draft board at all.  I got the impression listening to Russell, Kyle Smith was in the loop as to knowning more than what the media put out. 

If you remember, he said that (IIRC) the Eagles were asking him about his sexual orientation.  The NFL and NFLPA looked into it and found it meritless.  That was a huge red flag that kind of got brushed aside.  But it does not surprise me in the least that Dan had no issue with his character issues.  They are like two peas in a pod in that respect.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

We basically the saw the high water mark for this regime in Year 1 with 7-9 and they lucked into a division title since the rest of the division was awful.  This franchise due in large part to ownership is incapable of being good.  Unless things go just right or everyone else falls apart, this is where team will be.  There will never be guys like Daboll or Sirianni who can turn things around in a year because good coaches like that will never come here.  We're stuck.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I would love to observe a week of our team practices and team meetings. The issues with execution lead me to believe guys aren't really locking in or focusing during the week. It also seems like Rivera is hinting at Wentz not executing Turner's scheme. My question would be what they are doing in the meeting rooms all week. Why are Turner and Wentz still not on the same page?

I'd also like to observe the defense to see how our LBs are being coached. What zone coverage drills are the LBs running? What cues are being taught when reading plays? What downhill run fit drills are we running? Do we ever practice any turnover circuits as a defense? What is communication like for the defense in practice? It seems like we don't do any of these things, or it's possible we go through the motions in a lackadaisical way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I would love to observe a week of our team practices and team meetings.

What have you done to deserve such a punishment?

In all seriousness, while your theory might be correct, without anything to compare it to, say another team operation, I am not sure if you will find the smoking gun.

Edited by RFK Lives
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1