Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The common denominator in all the failure is Dan Snyder - to where even if he’s not meddling, he’s setting those below him up to fail.  

That part may well be the best one sentence summary of the entire Snyder Era.😀

The latest evidence? Snyder's snarky remark last week about finally having a QB. The Football Gods frown upon such ignorance, and helps poison the QB room.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

😭 

You’ll never convince me that he no longer has input.  Selling the most expensive beer in the worst stadium is the Dan Snyder business model in a nutshell.

One of the first comments has a picture from the stadium showing it’s $18 for a 24 oz can which would be $9 for a small beer. That’s not too shabby.

More unnecessary pile on that everyone will run with. 

22 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

One of the first comments has a picture from the stadium showing it’s $18 for a 24 oz can which would be $9 for a small beer. That’s not too shabby.

More unnecessary pile on that everyone will run with. 

That's still six times more than what we'd pay in the store...but how hilarious is it that the Giants charge $11 while the Jets charge $5...and they play in same stadium 🧐

5 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

That's still six times more than what we'd pay in the store...but how hilarious is it that the Giants charge $11 while the Jets charge $5...and they play in same stadium 🧐

Yeah I mean I’m reality it’s awful and I cringe every time I do it at a sporting event. I just mean it’s at least a decent option relative to stadium deals, especially if it’s a craft beer. 

And that’s hilarious about jets giants. F Mara.

Edited by CommanderCarson

@Voice_of_Reason

lol, your rant about the local media's coverage of the team works better here IMO than the Wentz thread.

"Just some balanced reporting would be a nice change of pace.  I think you get that with Keim, Standig, Michael Phillips. I also think Logan Paulsen does a good job with the X's and O's.  I personally like Bram, and on his radio show, he is not afraid to be critical of the team, which is entirely different than Baghdad Larry and his Skintagables. But even with him, I always consider the source, because he IS the "Voice of the Commanders."  You sometimes get "fair" on JP's podcast. (Which I still really like because the three of them have really great chemistry, and it's entertaining.)"

You said this above.  You talked about Grant.  Grant should actually be your cup of team because while he doesn't like Dan, his mantra is suck up and live with it the best you can and he still loves going to games and lives and dies with each one.  Some see him in a negative light largely because he didn't have Bruce's back on the Kirk negotiation.  Finlay has actually been accused of being a homer, even Thom suggested it about him., let alone mostly negative  I don't think Finlay is Larry Michaelish but he's also far from a constant cyncial-negative guy by a long shot.

You  say you want more positivity from the media about how they protray the team but not to the Larry Michael extent.  Reading your posts over time, the impression I get is you want a bit of a Larry Michael brush about Dan and the state of the team with fans, that is, the global overall take about everything -- you seem to want a positive brush on that.    You've said on another post that you buy that the days of Dan interferring are over and believe that the culture is set by Ron not Dan.  I think if I had that same perspective, I'd want the media to back off too -- thinking hey Dan has finally changed whether he wanted to or not and the culture isn't set by Dan any more so let it go and embrace the change.   But I don't buy that personally.  I don't think the local media does either (and they have connections in that FO so they are more in the know than us).  Hence, you aren't getting the let it all go vibe that you are seeking. 

NY media is much tougher, ditto Philly and Boston than the DC media.  But yeah DC sports media isn't like name that midwestern more laid back media crew. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

17 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Anything that is above $5 is making me thinking about posting and writing things that wouldn't be compliants to the forum rules and guidelines.

But those prices are borderline criminal and some clearly are.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

We?

Only idiots will pay 14 dollars for a single beer. And considering the past 23 years, only idiots are present therefore Snyder has a good racket going on IMO.

If they keep on charging that much for a beer that sadly means there are a lot of idiots out there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

If they keep on charging that much for a beer that sadly means there are a lot of idiots out there

I may be an idiot but when I'm at an event I'm a thristy idiot.

No way I'm sitting there watching the team I came to see give up 30 points in the first half sober.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 8/20/2022 at 12:19 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Went to a bar the other night, $7 for a 12oz.  The stadium beers aren’t as outrageous as they used to be.

Anyone here apply yet? 🤭

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=e8d336c82ae52fef&from=socialmediatagsbigj

The Washington Commanders are looking for a talented Assistant, Football Administration to join the Football Operations department. Reporting to the SVP, Football Administration, this role will play a critical role in supporting the team’s Football Operations department on administrative responsibilities, special projects, finance communication, contract administration, and general football administration.

Posted 30+ days ago

On 8/21/2022 at 8:55 AM, redskinss said:

I may be an idiot but when I'm at an event I'm a thristy idiot.

No way I'm sitting there watching the team I came to see give up 30 points in the first half sober.

Isn't charging extra for alcohol kind of required?  You don't want to end up like 10 cent beer night.  There obviously has to be a happy medium though.

19 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The Forbes article says the average increase in value per franchise was 28 percent. How did this dumpster fire of an organization go up 33 percent? Is that a result of the rebrand?

The Jets have similar numbers. The NFL is king and in the business of printing money. Large markets make money no matter the results on the field. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The Forbes article says the average increase in value per franchise was 28 percent. How did this dumpster fire of an organization go up 33 percent? Is that a result of the rebrand?

Jason did say they were up big in sponsorship $. That’s part of it I’m sure. I’d expect that number to go up even more once sports book is up and running 

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like beer but I am not a beer at the stadium kind of guy.  Bad enough to watch the product at times -- feels it would all feel worse if I was drunk or even had a buzz going watching it. 

So don’t get me wrong I could totally be wrong on this but I don’t think they are even serving drafts right now because there’s no beer sponsorship. Only cans I believe and it’s king cans at 24oz. $16 or $18. 24 oz=2 small beers at 12 oz. So it averages out to 8 and 9 a beer. still expensive yes but it’s not egregious compared to other stadiums/convert venues etc 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Must be all those 14 dollar beers the fools are drinking at the stadium. :rofl89: