Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't care what outs Snyder, just as long as it happens.  I agree the sexual harassment stuff should have been enough but it's the NFL and we all know how they treat women so...

When all this sexual harassment **** started, there was a group of fans--both here and on twitter--who wanted a fair process, guilty until proven innocent, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Nope. Hard pass. Lie. Plant evidence. Commit perjury. I don't care what it takes, I just want him gone. Fair or not--he's a scum bag AND he sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

15 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Yea, but they weren't the "Ravens" in Cleveland.   The better comparison is the Browns getting an expansion team.  I'd be all for Snyder leaving if the expansion team we get are the Redskins.

The Redskins did change names though, just like the Browns. Only difference is pre or post move. The history of this team is literally just history and ended three years ago. I love talking with people here, but realistically have no emotional attachment to this team. It can go.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

When all this sexual harassment **** started, there was a group of fans--both here and on twitter--who wanted a fair process, guilty until proven innocent, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Nope. Hard pass. Lie. Plant evidence. Commit perjury. I don't care what it takes, I just want him gone. Fair or not--he's a scum bag AND he sucks.

You and I are sharing a brain.

I would normally be against all of that.   Vehemently opposed.  But if there's one person that I wouldn't feel sorry for, it'd be him.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

The Redskins did change names though, just like the Browns. Only difference is pre or post move. The history of this team is literally just history and ended three years ago. I love talking with people here, but realistically have no emotional attachment to this team. It can go.

Right, many of us only remain out of habit and the fact that we can't just manufacture passion for another team.

The glory days came and went a long time ago, and we can always cherish what the Joe Gibbs era meant to us.  We're now going on 25 years of this deplorable douchebag taking a dump all over those glory years while simultaneously peddling them in an effort to extract every last dollar he can out of it.  Because he has absolutely no ability to create new glory years.  He will leave this franchise, just like he left Johnny Rockets, Six Flags and everything else he's been a part of the last few decades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. Yeah, Dan might have been cooking the books and harassing women, but you gotta keep in mind, Alex Smith sat in the owner's box with him a couple of times, so Dan can't really be that bad.

Urban Meyer too, but maybe we shouldn't talk about that.

Edited by NickyJ

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, many of us only remain out of habit and the fact that we can't just manufacture passion for another team.

The glory days came and went a long time ago, and we can always cherish what the Joe Gibbs era meant to us.  We're now going on 25 years of this deplorable douchebag taking a dump all over those glory years while simultaneously peddling them in an effort to extract every last dollar he can out of it.  Because he has absolutely no ability to create new glory years.  He will leave this franchise, just like he left Johnny Rockets, Six Flags and everything else he's been a part of the last few decades.

Me and a buddy were talking about Snyder earlier before this broke and saying that he's ****ed up every business he's had and...well, that's gotta be a reason why he won't go out without a fight.  

I mean, what's Snyder going to do if he has to sell this team (aside from now rotting in a federal pound me in the ass prison!)?  His identity is being an NFL owner.  You look at a guy like Bezos.  Bezos could own a team but it wouldn't define him...he's got so much more going on than that.  I could see Bezos owning a football team for about 10 years and then just being like "Yeah, that was cool but whatever, I've got other **** to do," and just selling it like it's no big deal.  Because to him, it's not a big deal.  

But what's Snyder going to do?  He HAS to have this.  It's how he defines himself.  And he's gotta have some understanding that he's ****ed up those other businesses and is in the midst of ****ing this up.  From this perspective, he's failed upwards about as high as anyone ever could possibly dream of doing...he's failed upwards higher than anyone I can think of, way higher than any politician, musical talent, actor, etc.  It would be pretty impressive if it weren't so ****ing infuriating. 

And now he quite possibly could have ****ed this up, too.  Amazing.  

I'd love to visit him in prison and when they drag him out to that little call booth room, just give him the finger and leave.

midget-peter-dinklage.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You think he's been meddling since Rivera got here?   If that's true, I would think Rivera would have something in his contract that would allow him to quit and still get paid.

And if Dan has been meddling, Rivera should quit.

I'm not going to respond to all the messages, but I'll just summarize by saying that Dan is no better or worse than a bunch of owners in this league.

I'm talking about football ownership.   I'm not talking about him as a person.  The only difference between Dan and the rest of them is that Dan doesn't speak.    That's his fault.

Yeah.

Snyder is the same as all owners in the league. :806:

You keep telling yourself that, slugger.

• Haha 3

So, just out of curiosity, what if all of this financial stuff is absolutely not true and is just the latest in a string of coordinated attacks on the team.  Because honestly, that’s what it seems like to me based on reading everything I can see.  

I get everybody hates Snyder. But it’s starting to really feel like there is a concerted effort to put things in the public eye in order to keep riling people up.  Like there’s almost a calendar of “what can we do to get the fans goosed up again.”

I want him gone too.  But this is getting ridiculous.

Obviously unless it’s true.  But at least in this case, with financial impropriety, I doubt it. Since this is a franchise, the league has pretty good access to each team’s financials, and each team is independently audited.  

This feels like stirring the pot.  Which candidly hells nobody because it won’t lead to his ouster and it doesn’t help the team.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

GIVE HIM WESLEY SNIPES' OLD CELL.

I'm picturing Snyder hiding under a poster Shawshank style, slowly scraping away on his exit tunnel. Except it's not Rita Hayworth...it's a poster of Bruce Allen.

How often do you notice a man's shoes?  But Snyder is an idiot and he forgot to take off that god awful commanders letterman jacket.  No one is flying under the radar in that thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, just out of curiosity, what if all of this financial stuff is absolutely not true and is just the latest in a string of coordinated attacks on the team.  Because honestly, that’s what it seems like to me based on reading everything I can see.  

I get everybody hates Snyder. But it’s starting to really feel like there is a concerted effort to put things in the public eye in order to keep riling people up.  Like there’s almost a calendar of “what can we do to get the fans goosed up again.”

I want him gone too.  But this is getting ridiculous.

Obviously unless it’s true.  But at least in this case, with financial impropriety, I doubt it. Since this is a franchise, the league has pretty good access to each team’s financials, and each team is independently audited.  

This feels like stirring the pot.  Which candidly hells nobody because it won’t lead to his ouster and it doesn’t help the team.  

When congress opens you up for investigation, I'm sure folks come out of the woodworks to spill the beans on anything they know or think they know.

Beyond that, the more it happens - the more pressure it applies to hopefully at some point make this dude just give in to keep the heat off.

If Snyder really cooked the books ; in terms of nfl punishment?

Loss of draft picks 

A cap sanction, forcing the Coms salary cap space to be reduced.

Since congress is changing Hands in January; that leaves them 9 more months to find anything.

Ron- there will be continual distractions as long as Dan owns the team.

Dan’s chickens are coming home to roost.

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Haha.  I'm just trying to be fair.  I don't believe in mob mentality.

Mike Brown hadn't won a playoff game in 30+ years and is known as one of the cheapest owners in the league.    Did he become a good owner or did he get lucky with Burrow?

The Bengals are traditionally not a good organization.  However they have had seven double digit win seasons (including three 11+ seasons) since Snyder entered the NFL.  We’d be lucky to have the success that Cincinnati has had over that time.

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The Bengals are traditionally not a good organization.  However they have had seven double digit win seasons (including three 11+ seasons) since Snyder entered the NFL.  We’d be lucky to have the success that Cincinnati has had over that time.

Oh, c'mon.

• Thumb down 2

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What did I say that was incorrect?  20+ years of failing to win 11 games in a season. Can any other organization make that claim?  Even the Lions can’t.

I think we've won more games than the Bengals in the past 20 years.   Even if you want to argue about who's worse, to say We'd be lucky to have been the Bengals the past 20 years.....please...Hyperbole.

• Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think we've won more games than the Bengals in the past 20 years.   Even if you want to argue about who's worse, to say We'd be lucky to have been the Bengals the past 20 years.....please...Hyperbole.

Uh, they just went to a Super Bowl.  They have a franchise QB.  

Yeah, we'd be lucky to be them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think we've won more games than the Bengals in the past 20 years. 

Well you’re wrong. 

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-records-from-2000-2020-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots-green-bay-packers-pittsburgh-steelers-baltimore-ravens/

since you couldn’t be bothered to do a 15 second Google search, I’ll leave it to you to figure out I’d the 2021 and 2022 seasons changes the fact that you’re wrong. 

of course I already know the answer cause, again, it takes 15 seconds to figure it out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The 21 years prior they had more wins. 

yes under snyder we’d be lucky to be them. 

Pop quiz:

How many double digit wins has the team had under snyder?

extra credit:

where does that rank in the league over that time period?

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well you’re wrong. 

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-records-from-2000-2020-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots-green-bay-packers-pittsburgh-steelers-baltimore-ravens/

since you couldn’t be bothered to do a 15 second Google search, I’ll leave it to you to figure out I’d the 2021 and 2022 seasons changes the fact that you’re wrong. 

of course I already know the answer cause, again, it takes 15 seconds to figure it out. 

Since 1999 when Dan took over We've won 156 games and they won 163.   Prior to this year, no playoff wins in 30 years.

Both teams have been bad for 30 years.  That's the bottom line.    The Bengals are obviously good now and if Wentz plays to his talent; We'll be good as well.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

The 21 years prior they had more wins. 

yes under snyder we’d be lucky to be them. 

Pop quiz:

How many double digit wins has the team had under snyder?

extra credit:

where does that rank in the league over that time period?

Jeez, giving a pop quiz right before the weekend? Who are you, my awful piece of **** professor?? 😂 

(not saying you’re a piece of ****, to be clear I’m saying my professor was)

• Haha 1