Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

21 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Florio is reporting that there are atleast some owners thinking he should be forced to sell if that’s the case it sounds like someone actually told him that and it’s not just speculation 

I'm sure some them have always thought that.  If it's not 2/3 calling for a vote, doesnt really matter though.  

If Snyder is forcibly removed, my celebration would rival that of the Nationals winning the Wild Card Game in 2019: Running around the house, screaming, nearly passing out. Hell, it may even rival winning their winning the World Series.

I want to see it happen 1st.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

If Snyder is forcibly removed, my celebration would rival that of the Nationals winning the Wild Card Game in 2019: Running around the house, screaming, nearly passing out. Hell, it may even rival winning their winning the World Series.

I want to see it happen 1st.

Me too.  I saw some on twitter mocking the idea that some say its like winning a SB.  For me it would be even bigger than winning a SB, it would be getting rid of the albatross preventing us from even being a consistent winner let alone ever winning a SB.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I wonder effect any of this would have on the FA season. If Snyder is being forced out, would he sabotage the franchise in some form of petty revenge? Refuse to commit to any free agents? Mortgage the future to possibly improve the selling price? Fire RR and the existing FO?

So many questions here.

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

I wonder effect any of this would have on the FA season. If Snyder is being forced out, would he sabotage the franchise in some form of petty revenge? Refuse to commit to any free agents? Mortgage the future to possibly improve the selling price? Fire RR and the existing FO?

So many questions here.

Any collateral damage sustained while getting Danny to sell is acceptable. 

• Like 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Minority owners of the team probably knew what was going on.  Is it possible they sold out thinking they wouldn't be tied or tried if the cheerleader(s) went forward with their allegations? A lot to ponder and a lot that we will probably never know.  We will know some of it but not most of it.  This is the beginning of the end and I think that Snyder knew this day could and would eventually come, purely speculation on my part because they sold out (Minority Owners); Dan buys the team and gets his last big payday.  Things to ponder and again pure speculation on my part.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slinky said:

Any collateral damage sustained while getting Danny to sell is acceptable. 

I don't completely disagree here, although ideally the league would take over immediate control and authorize the FO to conduct business as usual. Then once franchise is sold, Dan gets his cash.

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too.  I saw some on twitter mocking the idea that some say its like winning a SB.  For me it would be even bigger than winning a SB, it would be getting rid of the albatross preventing us from even being a consistent winner let alone ever winning a SB.

Can we throw a parade?  Seriously, if Dan is ousted, I want a goddamn parade down Constitution Ave, complete with marching bands, maybe a few tanks, I dunno, anything.

I bet it would get more attendance than any game last year....

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

55 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Total clickbait. Goodell said as much in his PC last week.

No, Goodell confirmed it’s possible (which we knew). Florio is saying that there are some of the 31 other owners actively thinking it may be time. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It is picking up momentum. Slowly but surely. 

If Dan can ride this out for another 2 months, it will die on the vine.

The time is now, there is no time for a slow build.  The biggest advocate we have is Congress keeping this thing in the news cycle.  That's going to end in about 2 months as Congress is going to basically disband and the entire House is going to be distracted running for re-election. And IF the GOP wins the house, then the entire investigation ceases to exist because the Dems are driving this, and they will lose their chair seats with the change of control.  

I've said this before: the 2 things which will cause a change are:

1. Criminal charges (Which congress CAN'T make, that would have to come from somewhere in the executive branch, Justice Department, FBI, whatever.  

2. Enough noise that league-wide sponsors put pressure on the NFL to make a change.  ie: Money talks.

The NFL owners are not going to oust Dan for allegation he put his hand on a woman's mid-thigh.  Sorry, I'd be willing to bet at least 25 of the owners have done the same damn think if not worse.  Now, they could be livid that he was stupid enough to get caught, or dumb enough that he has drawn a target on his back. 

There certainly seems to be momentum.  But there are 31 other Billionaires who have to come to the conclusion Dan needs to go.  

Another thing, they need to make it CRYSTAL clear he can't just transfer it to his wife, mother, sister, son, whoever.  When DeBartelo got into trouble, he handed the team to his sister.  That would be just as much of a disaster, as nothing would really change.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

No, Goodell confirmed it’s possible (which we knew). Florio is saying that there are some of the 31 other owners actively thinking it may be time. 

Or he might be trying to talk it into existence.  

I really dislike Florio, but if he's going to help this cause, I can appreciate that.  

15 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We aren’t winning the division this year. Maybe a wild card spot and quick exit.

Dallas will sweep them again. Probably split with Philly and if the Giants show improvement; split with them.

You have absolutely no way of knowing this. FA and the NFL draft haven't happened yet.  

It might happen, it might not.  There's absolutely no way to know NOW what's going to happen on the field next year.  None.

The only predictable thing in the last 20 years in the NFL was Brady was going to be in a championship game.  Now that's even gone.

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

This is why I still have some doubts. To this point there still isn’t a smoking gun no tangible proof other than an accusation. 

Eh, I'm not terribly worried about that.  The 31 other Billionaires can also go scorched earth on Dan.  

They aren't going to go into this willy nilly.  But if there is a reason, they can do it.  And if they want to embarrass him, there are plenty of ways to do that too.   I take the 31 over the 1.  And I don't think Dan can take down the league.  He might get a settlement out of it, and that might be his angle at the moment.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, I'm not terribly worried about that.  The 31 other Billionaires can also go scorched earth on Dan.  

They aren't going to go into this willy nilly.  But if there is a reason, they can do it.  And if they want to embarrass him, there are plenty of ways to do that too.   I take the 31 over the 1.  And I don't think Dan can take down the league.  He might get a settlement out of it, and that might be his angle at the moment.  

Personally I think the florio report was strategically leaked to him to report it on national television by the NFL. That way it would have more national eyes and can ramp up public pressure to make him sell without having to force him to sell. 

• Like 2