Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Maybe new sanctions to appease the crowds. But he will not be removed as team owner. I am sure he has promised to go scorched earth and take them all down. That's why Kraft can own part of a human trafficking and sex ring and Irsay can be found with over $150,000 in illegal drugs in his car and high out of his mind and pretty much nothing happens. They all have too much on each other. Guaranteed mutual destruction. 

I hear ya but history is rife with things that were impossible until they happened.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Think of this: how many of us really want to see what kind of owner Dan Snyder would have been if he were worth $177 billion dollars? lol...

I do, though, think like you do that most owners of an NFL team don't become owners to make money. It's usually a long-time goal rooted in things other than financial gain (not that money doesn't play any role in wanting to, of course).

EDIT: Now minority owners might be a different issue.

I have a hard time believing anyone would be worse no matter how much money they have, or don't have for that matter. There is always that chance. But just having $177B does not make someone like snyder. He is a total POS as a human being. And having more money than him does not mean he is the same guy. 

Given the last 25+ years of snyder. I am willing to take our chances with jsut about anyone else on the planet. And yes there is always the chance they are worse. But the chances are much better they are not. 

3 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I hear ya but history is rife with things that were impossible until they happened.

I 100% hope so. We all know this team never really changes significantly as long as snyder owns the team. I just do not have a lot of faith anything will happen. I would be glad to be wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I 100% hope so. We all know this team never really changes significantly as long as snyder owns the team. I just do not have a lot of faith anything will happen. I would be glad to be wrong. 

I remain hopeful against all evidence to the contrary

But I do keep a razor blade handy in the tub, just in case

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I have a hard time believing anyone would be worse no matter how much money they have, or don't have for that matter. There is always that chance. But just having $177B does not make someone like snyder. He is a total POS as a human being. And having more money than him does not mean he is the same guy. 

Given the last 25+ years of snyder. I am willing to take our chances with jsut about anyone else on the planet. And yes there is always the chance they are worse. But the chances are much better they are not. 

That's not what I meant...I meant it as the role money plays in how an owner runs the organization. I didn't mean it as every owner who has $177 billion would behave the same way, but that an owner like Snyder would feel even more emboldened to do all the **** he's done, and more. Money can be like alcohol--bring a person's character to the surface and intensify it. He'd be 25 times more insufferable, stubborn, and dictator-like--and would meddle 25 times more as well--if he felt he could buy all the other franchises in the NFL without blinking.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

The NFL is more than likely lying here, as I doubt Beth Wilkerson missed Tiffani Johnston. I doubt the girl camed out of nowhere yesterday. But since the first report was secret they can have that stance now and say they weren't aware about it.

Will that lead to more sanctions from them on Dan? Probably, they'll have to act, and they already decided it was new.

Will they force him to sell? Doubtful but not out of the realm either.

yes, that’s why it is very interesting they chose to frame it as something new.

28 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

That's not what I meant...I meant it as the role money plays in how an owner runs the organization. I didn't mean it as every owner who has $177 billion would behave the same way, but that an owner like Snyder would feel even more emboldened to do all the **** he's done, and more. Money can be like alcohol--bring a person's character to the surface and intensify it. He'd be 25 times more insufferable, stubborn, and dictator-like--and would meddle 25 times more as well--if he felt he could buy all the other franchises in the NFL without blinking.

I understood what you were saying. I may have not framed my response the best way - I get more money can make people more emboldened. but it's a matter of scale, where you start as a person. I get danny having Bezos money could have been an even worse dumpster fire. But Bezos would have start from the place of being a complete POS like danny for him to get there. I just do not see it. Maybe it's wishful thinking. Maybe Bezos is exactly the same POS. But I am willing to take our chances on him or pretty much anyone else. There are a few exceptions but this is not the right place to discuss those. 

Melanie Coburn was just on Sheehan's show and confirmed that the Tiffani Johnston story revealed yesterday is new and was NOT in the Wilkinson Report. Apparently Tiffani was afraid to come forward with this, but when the report was buried, she decided enough is enough. What a brave woman. Maybe yesterday will inspire others to do the same. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, tshile said:

Specifically:

sheehan interviewed him yesterday morning. It was apparently a good interview. Haven’t listened yet because the team 980 is garbage. Their app won’t open and their website won’t play the show. 

Their app doesn't work anymore. You have to listen through the audacy app. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Melanie Coburn was just on Sheehan's show and confirmed that the Tiffani Johnston story revealed yesterday is new and was NOT in the Wilkinson Report. Apparently Tiffani was afraid to come forward with this, but when the report was buried, she decided enough is enough. What a brave woman. Maybe yesterday will inspire others to do the same. 

I’ve been trying to get his show to play (I only listen to his podcast usually) 

their app will not open. Their site would not play. Their signal unlistenable. It’s just garbage. 

12 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Yes, the NFL will "investigate" which will probably mean sending thugs to intimidate Tiffani at home. Then Howdy Doody Goodell will get up on a podium and announce that their investigation didn't find any evidence and that her claims are baseless. That's how the Billionaire's Boys Club game works.

Nothing will ever happen to Snyder, because the NFL is covering up for him. Why? We're pretty sure he or one of his flunkies released the Gruden emails, which hinted at collusion among NFL owners to keep players' salaries low. Howdy Doody knows that revelation could destroy all credibility the NFL has, so they will defend Snyder at all cost.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

GD, Wright has gone full sock puppet on us : (

well. Look. His job is to polish the turds that come out of snyder. 

if you want to have the “no one with ethics/morals/good at their profession would work for a piece of garbage” take then that’s fine. And on some level I agree. It’s a very subjective thing, I wouldn’t bother even arguing it. I would just add that there are only 32 nfl teams in the whole world - so if you wanted to do what you do, for an nfl team, you’re kinda stuck taking the offer you get. Cause there’s only 31 other possible offers that could exist anyways…

but once you get past that…

the guy had no decision making on anything related to the actual team

i doubt he has much decision making on anything his side of the house does. 

he’s basically mr Smithers. Except I actually think he’s a bright guy, trying hard to do his best. It’s just… garbage in garbage out, right? If what snyder gives you to work with is garbage, than the best he can give us is garbage he tried to make look nice

i guess I’ve reached a point where I’m sick of watching good people have their reputations destroyed by the mere fact that they worked here. 

in some way, it lets snyder skate by. It focuses on the person not being good enough. 

i really wish I could see how decisions are made. Did you see Snyder’s statement yesterday on the round table? Who the hell vetted that?! It’s 100% the opposite of what you’re supposed to do. You could not sound more tone deaf if you tried. 

my bet is either he write it himself and forced it out

or whoever was in the room for that decision making, are just yes-men. 

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I thought it was Keim following along with Wright's appearance at the Economic Club of DC. He tweeted it around the same time he was tweeting other stuff from the event. Could be wrong though.

Sorry. You are correct. My bad. 

sheehan did an interview. I got my wires crossed. This is the correct answer @Renegade7

• Like 3