Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

"Every single one of (the owners) has skeletons in the closet I’m sure" is speculation. Speculation which you believe. Which you just said you don't do. But you just did it.

I’m not calling for an investigation.  I’m not accusing an owner.  I’m not bringing suit on any owner.  I’m not trying to take anyone’s business from them.

I’m speculating that a few or some of them wouldn’t want to set precedent that they themselves would be subject to after the fact.   

I was of the understanding that Snyder wouldn't be able to own 100% of the team because the loans that he would require to buy out the other owners would take him above the allowed LTV ratio that the NFL put in place, and he doesn't have the capital to buy their shares outright.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TK said:

Hearing that Dan will be cleared of the investigation. He will need loans approved but is intending to rid of shareholders. 

This is truly disappointing...thanks for sharing, TK

12 hours ago, bh32 said:

I guess it's time for you guys that can't root for a team owned By Dan to find another team now..

Classy post. I guess it is for me. I find it an odd thing for you to gloat about...that a man very likely guilty of some very disgusting things will retain ownership of a once-classy organization. But congrats, I guess. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is truly disappointing...thanks for sharing, TK

Classy post. I guess it is for me. I find it an odd thing for you to gloat about...that a man very likely guilty of some very disgusting things will retain ownership of a once-classy organization. But congrats, I guess. 

First of al im not gloating about anything..I think Dan sucks as a owner,but that dosen't make him guilty of what he was accused of..Some of you hate him so much that anything that is said about him must be true and i think that is pathetic.

8 minutes ago, bh32 said:

First of al im not gloating about anything..I think Dan sucks as a owner,but that dosen't make him guilty of what he was accused of..Some of you hate him so much that anything that is said about him must be true and i think that is pathetic.

Maybe some are in that boat, but I'm not. I have been a huge Snyder defender since 2001 when I joined this board. When all I knew about him was that he was a bad owner or couldn't build even an average organization, my view was that I wanted him to figure it out but that I wanted to win with him. This is far bigger than football now. In fact, I'm actually disappointed in my past self for overlooking other stories like this (similar but not as big news). I wrote it off just like you are. 

But...there IS A NUDE CHEERLEADER VIDEO. That's not an allegation or a rumor. It exists. So, on that specific accusation, the BEST outcome for a Snyder sympathizer is that he didn't know about it. That, in and of itself, is gross negligence. Odds are, he either knew about it and let it go or asked for it directly. Those are both obviously much more serious. You combine that with the fact that dozens of women have complained about sexual misconduct, and I don't need a smoking gun to believe he's a bad man who's done bad things. 

I would be GRATEFUL to simply have an idiot owner with a losing record (we do) who was a good guy and ran a safe workplace (we don't). 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Yeah, it's totally because we hate him so much that we believe bad things about him are true.  Not the two decades of reports and results that clearly indicate he's a scumbag.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, it's totally because we hate him so much that we believe bad things about him are true.  Not the two decades of reports and results that clearly indicate he's a scumbag.

Him being a scumbag still dosen't make him guilty of what he is being accused of though..Like i said i don't like the guy,but i also don't believe everything that is said about him..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Seriously...it amazes me how many people believe that those of us who are critical have some ulterior motive. 

Dan Snyder is a bad owner. That's fine and that's not a crime or anything we can change/impact. But, what I've come to realize is that he's run this organization like a fraternity house for two decades. He's marginalized and taken advantage of women for years. There is just way too much smoke for there not to be some fire. He should not be leading a $3B organization...whether that organization plays football, makes popsicles, or cuts grass. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Him being a scumbag still dosen't make him guilty of what he is being accused of though..Like i said i don't like the guy,but i also don't believe everything that is said about him..

.....so you don’t believe there was ANY cheerleader video made? LOL ok. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You don't need to believe everything...but do you truly think the video is made up? Do you think all those women who have come out simply decided to lie? What specifically don't you believe about him? And, for the stuff you do believe, is it not egregious enough for him to be punished?

Edit: No offense...but this reads less like "I don't believe it" and more like "I don't want this crap to distract me from following the team"

And that's your prerogative. Honestly I was that way for far too long...but I can't keep ignoring it. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins

i believe that there is a video,but im not gonna just assume  he is the one who demanded a video be made..At this point i just don't care what he does as i think he is trash,but he ain't going anywhere anytime soon

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

i believe that there is a video,but im not gonna just assume  he is the one who demanded a video be made..At this point i just don't care what he does as i think he is trash,but he ain't going anywhere anytime soon

Well, again, the video existing is a huge indictment of the owner of an organization. And, it's exists and spans two years' worth of photo shoots. I've broken this down before and his involvement could be anything from not being aware (gross negligence) to ordering it (criminal). In both cases and every option in between...it's despicable. 

Your last sentence tells me what I need to know. You don't want to worry yourself with it. And that's fine. But don't wave the "innocent until proven guilty" flag in here then. Just either admit you're OK with it and your fandom transcends his behavior or don't chime in at all. But don't roll up with a "guess you guys need a new team" troll job and then try to walk it back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So a guy who micromanages his coaches, front office, the media and everything else....has no knowledge or hand in the sleazy stuff. Cool, just checking. Still, sell the ****ing team.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 4

If only we were talking about a video, that would be bad enough in and of itself.  However, we're talking about his entire tenure of ownership.  We're talking about all the little and big things that have been reported on since the beginning.  It's never been more abundantly clear just how big of a scumbag he is.  No investigation that ends up in settlement will convince me his hands are clean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bh32 said:

I guess it's time for you guys that can't root for a team owned By Dan to find another team now ...

7 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I guess it is for me.

Who are you leaning towards?

30 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I have ties to Indy so I guess the Colts. But I don't think I'll be passionate for any one team...I guess I'll be one of those NFL orphan fans. 

C18C4204-F4D9-4147-8707-C7415D4DAF24.jpeg