Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

The Bruce part is interesting, in cahoots with the minority owners?  Makes the Kyle Smith connection to Bruce a bit more interesting.    One of the beat guys said they think making a clean break from Bruce is part of the reason for the Kyle departure and part of that is Bruce's connection to the minority owners. 

Moag in the past has denied being part of, or having any knowledge of, the alleged misinformation campaign. Messages left with Moag and his attorney, Joe R. Reeder, by Front Office Sports were not returned. The 18-page filing in India also stated Moag exchanged 87 phone calls with former Washington Football Team President Bruce Allen. The two talked more than 22 hours total. Moag and Allen also exchanged text and email messages that “prove” the two were “focused on negative publicity directed at [Snyder],” according to the filing. 

Allen was fired as president of The Washington Football Team in December 2019, which ended his decade-long run as an executive at the franchise his late father, George, coached in the 1970s. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Who would want to become a minority owner to Dan Snyder?  It's gotta be impossible to try and find buyers.

Yeah, but from what I heard, there was a deal set up for a group to buy the minority portion, a group from California including Jose Feliciano of all people, and the League said, " Not at that price, you won't ". 

And yes, I think Snyder has some say on who the minority share is sold to.

Edit: I see that's mentioned in the article above.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Sad 1

My first wish is for Ron and this team to win the Super Bowl, but if the upper limit of this regime is a division title and a couple of playoff wins, then I prefer outright failure and the hope of a potential buyout because DS has no business owning an NFL team. Culture means everything in this business and he simply doesn't know how to promote one conducive to consistent success, an unfortunate dilemma that only serves to thwart the potential of any promising hire.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

RWJ brings a good point.  We hear all kind of stuff about how much Amazon workers get screwed with pay and benefits.  He could very well just try to milk the franchise like Snyder.  Bezos doesn’t have any personal interest in DC either. It’s just a business to him.  That would really suck if we got so close and then we had a trillion dollar owner that doesn’t want to spend a penny.  Snyder is alit of things but he always showed a willingness to spend to win.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Bruce in cahoots with minority owners could mean the return of Bruce. 

If Bruce returns I’m done.  I’m saying my goodbyes and quitting once and for all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

RWJ brings a good point.  We hear all kind of stuff about how much Amazon workers get screwed with pay and benefits.  He could very well just try to milk the franchise like Snyder.  Bezos doesn’t have any personal interest in DC either. It’s just a business to him.  That would really suck if we got so close and then we had a trillion dollar owner that doesn’t want to spend a penny.  Snyder is alit of things but he always showed a willingness to spend to win.  

If Bruce returns I’m done.  I’m saying my goodbyes and quitting once and for all. 

Buckle up. He’s in cahoots with them For a reason (if that is the case). And being that he is a business man, and a savvy one at that, there is a reason he’s doing it.

Maybe it’s money. Maybe it’s the satisfaction of getting back. Maybe it’s a combination of those things. Maybe it’s a job. Or hell, maybe he just believes it’s right. But businessmen don’t do business without something in return.

49 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If anyone is thinking  hiring Bruce, they should not be allowed to buy into the team.

Who’s gonna enforce that? If someone wants him, they will get him. And the League isn’t stopping the deal because of Bruce Allen.

It may not come to fruition in any way, of course, either.

Not that this is any shocker but Sheehan knows that the relationship with Dan and Bruce ended really badly.   He was speculating with a business attorney on a few things.  Bruce maybe complicit with whatever but ratting on Dan he's have nothing to lose on since the NFL can't do anything to him now.   Bruce just being flat out wanting to exact revenge and he knows where the bodies are buried as for whatever.  

Perfect analogy for me below, I used to like to compare the two to Vadar-Emperor.  If so, I am on Vadar's side.  I think I'd have to be one of Bruce most loud critics on thre board but it centered on his incompetence not so much personality.  Dan on the other hand I think is a bad guy.   Bruce was a problem. But Dan by a mile is the biggest problem. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise