Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

As much as I don't particularly care for Gruden, I find this hard to believe. I hope it's not true.  I did poke around a bit to see if I could find the source of the comments, but I could only find tweets about the comments, and not the actual comments.

So, until I can hear it from Bibbs, and it is somehow confirmed, I'm going to file this under the "speculation and rumors" bucket.

Side note: has the team fired any receptionists recently? :P 

I believe it, let's not act like Jay was some squeaky clean guy. That story is way too specific for it not to be true or close to the truth. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm going to chose to believe that was an outlier.  Until proven otherwise.  

I always found it odd that it seemed every game during the Gruden era we would start out completely disorganized and slow. As if we hadn’t been preparing during the week. It was incredibly frustrating to watch the post game pressers about how he didn’t know why the team started out so slowly and he would have to look at the tape and then the next week it was like a carbon copy of the previous week. All of it makes a little more sense now. The lax attitude everyone seemed to have during practice, the results, the non-party type (like Cousins) not wanting to be there. It all adds up.

This ref scandal has to be more than the Skins.  The Skins didn't win anything; so it didn't help us.   What other teams were involved?  The Pats?  They have had the refs help them alot over the years.   If the FBI is involved, it's probably related to the Ref part of the scandal.  Fixing games isn't good.

1 minute ago, ChiefPowhatan17 said:

Was Dan paying the refs off to make calls against his own team?  If he paid to help us, it never showed...

Hey you may be on to something there. I don't think Dan was a fan of Case playing with his first round pick sitting on the bench.

Conspiracies parley....

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

This ref scandal has to be more than the Skins.  The Skins didn't win anything; so it didn't help us.   What other teams were involved?  The Pats?  They have had the refs help them alot over the years.   If the FBI is involved, it's probably related to the Ref part of the scandal.  Fixing games isn't good.

He did say at the end its alot of very big names and it's not just the Redskins.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Dan got ripped off if he was paying the refs 

Not if we were throwing games. This team over the years won some meaningless games that cost it valuable draft picks. Maybe Dan learned after RG3 to execute a flawless tank strategy.  

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I always found it odd that it seemed every game during the Gruden era we would start out completely disorganized and slow. As if we hadn’t been preparing during the week. It was incredibly frustrating to watch the post game pressers about how he didn’t know why the team started out so slowly and he would have to look at the tape and then the next week it was like a carbon copy of the previous week. All of it makes a little more sense now. The lax attitude everyone seemed to have during practice, the results, the non-party type (like Cousins) not wanting to be there. It all adds up.

Does it though?  I attribute all of what you said to the fact Jay was a bad coach. Whether or not he was getting tail on the side is irrelevant.  There have probably been plenty of coaches getting screwed by the receptionist over the years, and the ones who are good at their jobs win, and the ones who aren't don't.

I'm not suggesting the alleged behavior is acceptable, it's not.  But I don't know if screwing the receptionist leads to Morgan Moses unable to stay on sides.  

Just now, No Excuses said:

Not if we were throwing games. This team over the years won some meaningless games that cost it valuable draft slots. Maybe Dan learned after RG3 to execute a flawless tank strategy. 

Or if he was trying to get Shannon fired or Kirk cousins looking foolish he would try and bribe Refs to look the other way AGAINST the team. He seems petty like that.

Looking through twitter. So basically, a TON of reporters have the story, but everyone is too scared of getting sued to report it. So we're just going to go days/weeks with "If these rumors are true........" tweets until someone is confident enough in their sources to release it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Strong language:

https://twitter.com/RadioHarrison

The guys claims to have text messages former female employees who claim Larry Michaels would talk about smashing **** 

Whites only porch too. ****ing awful if true, especially when so much of your fanbase is black. "No broads or blacks allowed". 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

In terms of Josina’s tweet, I wonder how much it has to do with how long NDAs last for after termination and whether or not they were legally allowed to spill the beans when they did.

That's actually rather brilliant.  I don't think that's what SHE was getting at.  But it is brilliant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Does it though?  I attribute all of what you said to the fact Jay was a bad coach. Whether or not he was getting tail on the side is irrelevant.  There have probably been plenty of coaches getting screwed by the receptionist over the years, and the ones who are good at their jobs win, and the ones who aren't don't.

I'm not suggesting the alleged behavior is acceptable, it's not.  But I don't know if screwing the receptionist leads to Morgan Moses unable to stay on sides.  

I don’t necessarily think he’s a bad OC in terms of the nuances of the game, but when he’s getting drunk and banging staff, he’s setting a precedence that this kind of **** is acceptable. A coach’s job isn’t just to call Xs and Os on game day but to instill a certain culture and professionalism 24/7. Look at the Pats. Bill is all business and the players buy in. Those that don’t are quickly shuffled out because they don’t fit the culture he’s put in place. Players I imagine came here not just for the payday but because of the culture. How often do the FA we sign and then cut go on to thrive in other places? Zero. That’s because they’re already entrained with that country club mindset. It’s a small world and players talk. They know coming to the team was all about fun and getting away with murder.