Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

53 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

i think at the end of the day the lessons from the Rittenhouse trial is why we need stricter laws in the first place when it comes to guns and who's hands they can be in.  It seems very apparent that Rittenhouse and his Mom (both parents?) and everyone else involved in arming him with the AR15, assisting him getting to the city itself had little to no concern that laws were potentially broken in the process and that likely comes from weak gun control laws in the first place or little to no actual enforcement of them.

This is a good take.  This entire scenario was set into motion by grown adults that should have known better.  they put their son in danger.  He could have easily been killed, and ended up killing two people.  Now he might spend his life in prison.  The right can celebrate this kid as a hero all they like, but this is horrible parenting and the law should probably weigh in when parents do something this irresponsible.  

53 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I can say for sure as a parent, if one of my kids had this hot shot idea to go "patrol the streets" or a vacant lot of a gas station, I'd call the police on them myself just to stop them from being able to get there, instead his mom straight up assisted him. WTF.

I would literally lock my daughter in room before I let her grab a gun and go off to confront rioters that aren’t endangering us in any way.  There’s no way in hell I’d hand her the rifle and drop her off.  These bum ass parents didn’t even go with him.  They treated a dangerous riot situation like they were dropping him off at a birthday party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I think at the end of the day the lessons from the Rittenhouse trial is why we need stricter laws in the first place when it comes to guns and who's hands they can be in.  

:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

Remember Sandy Hook?  If elected officials don't care enough to do anything when little kids are shot, they sure as hell aren't going to do anything because of something like this, especially if many of them see this as a righteous shooting.

aint-nothing-gonna-happen-nothing-happen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, tshile said:

I think this is a bad idea. 

That’s way too much to lose and not enough to gain. I think you need to be careful with how you exercise that ability. 

Someone has to do something. These people are storming school board meetings, the capitol and shooting people in the streets and getting away with it? The Dems don't need to worry about optics, they're afraid that the GOP will try to throw them in jail when they get into power.

16 hours ago, China said:

:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

Remember Sandy Hook?  If elected officials don't care enough to do anything when little kids are shot, they sure as hell aren't going to do anything because of something like this, especially if many of them see this as a righteous shooting.

aint-nothing-gonna-happen-nothing-happen

Haha True, I never said the lesson(s) would be learned. 

28 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.  (9 months)

... Or a fine up to 10,000. A class A misdemeanor

I think the problem was him carrying it out in the open. Otherwise no one under the age of18 in Wisconsin, would be able to hunt.

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, elements in society have been pushing us in that direction for decades.  

That’s true but I can’t think of anything more clear-cut than this. The encouragement by some coupled with the distrust of both authority and police certainly pushing us towards acceptable vigilante justice.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That’s true but I can’t think of anything more clear-cut than this. The encouragement by some coupled with the distrust of both authority and police certainly pushing us towards acceptable vigilante justice.

As mentioned before in this thread, the George Zimmerman acquittal set the stage for a non law enforcement gun carrier to seek out confrontation, get scurred, kill someone, get off on self defense.  I’m sure there are other previous examples, but I can’t recall one that captured nationwide attention.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

As mentioned before in this thread, the George Zimmerman acquittal set the stage for a non law enforcement gun carrier to seek out confrontation, get scurred, kill someone, get off on self defense.  I’m sure there are other previous examples, but I can’t recall one that captured nationwide attention.

True. That one set the wheels. But this one is a blatant example of a minor knowingly committing a crime by crossing state lines and getting a gun he was not allowed. This is definitely something that further blurs the lines of what is acceptable and what isn’t.

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

^^^Interesting Freudian slip there…Ol’ Kyle was on a hunting trip that night, wasn’t he?

That'd be the strangest kind of hunting I've ever seen.  

I think the dude in Vegas who shot up the country concert was there to hunt.  I think Kyle was there to look cool with his AR15.  **** went sideways, he handled it the wrong way...because he was a kid with a gun who shouldn't have had one.  

But hey, how about those Wizards!

• Like 2

Just now, PartyPosse said:

True. That one set the wheels. But this one is a blatant example of a minor knowingly committing a crime by crossing state lines and getting a gun he was not allowed. This is definitely something that further blurs the lines of what is acceptable and what isn’t.

No doubt.  I saw a little of his testimony and clearly doesn’t think the law applies to him:

Doesn’t have a driver’s license, drives anyway.

Too young to buy a gun, gets a straw purchaser.

Knows that there is a curfew in Kenosha, well other people are violating it so it doesn’t apply to him.

Celebrates his release at a bar.  

He may believe that the law applies to others, but he definitely doesn’t believe they apply to him.

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

No doubt.  I saw a little of his testimony and clearly doesn’t think the law applies to him:

Doesn’t have a driver’s license, drives anyway.

Too young to buy a gun, gets a straw purchaser.

Knows that there is a curfew in Kenosha, well other people are violating it so it doesn’t apply to him.

Celebrates his release at a bar.  

He may believe that the law applies to others, but he definitely doesn’t believe they apply to him.

Just another reason parenting should require approval prior to procreation. He is the product of a failed upbringing. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Just another reason parenting should require approval prior to procreation. He is the product of a failed upbringing. 

Maybe, but the fact of the matter is there’s a good chance he’ll get off, and if that happens he’ll be seen as a hero and everything he did will ultimately earn him a pretty penny. This is more a systematic failure.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Maybe, but the fact of the matter is there’s a good chance he’ll get off, and if that happens he’ll be seen as a hero and everything he did will ultimately earn him a pretty penny. This is more a systematic failure.

Everything you described is future based. I’m talking about how we even got here. 

His mother should be brought up on charges. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Everything you described is future based. I’m talking about how we even got here. 

I don’t think you find many here who disagree with your second point.  His friend should also face charges, or common sense gun laws should be written if what he did was legal.

21 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

It’s future based on past events.

If he ultimately isn’t found legally culpable for anything, what would she be charged with? Bad judgement?

Edited by PartyPosse