Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

No telling what the jury will do.

They'll let him walk, run to the nearest publisher they can find, and make a million on a book deal and how they were the only voice of reason in the jury room.  This is the good ol' USA afterall...jury duty on a politically divisive case is a gold mine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

the entire “he shouldn’t have been there” argument seems meaningless to me.  None of the people involved in this had any more right to be there than anyone else.  

I dunno. I could probably make an argument people who lived in that neighborhood had a better right to be there than an out of stater who came just to threaten, provoke, and brandish a weapon.

Mind you, I'm also someone who believes that protest (not rioting and looting) is a fundamental and important American right and therefore believe the Black Lives Matters folk had a right to be there.

30 minutes ago, Destino said:

the entire “he shouldn’t have been there” argument seems meaningless to me.  None of the people involved in this had any more right to be there than anyone else. 

He’s an out of state kid, out past curfew, openly carrying a loaded weapon to intimidate others.  He’s not the law and he’s not god, he had zero business being there in the capacity he was.

I think that’s what people mean by “he shouldn’t have been there” or “he went looking for trouble and found it”.  Will that hold in a court of law?  Most likely not.  But he’s still a POS spawned from a POS mother.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

out past curfew, openly carrying a loaded weapon to intimidate others.  He’s not the law and he’s not god, he had zero business being there in the capacity he was.

Couldn't you say the same thing about the guy that got his bicep blown off ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think he'll walk too. Listening to him being cross examined for a few min while in the car, it sounds like he doesn't have a grasp of what's legal and what isn't. Maybe "Right and Wrong" is a better way of putting it. From sounding like he thought it was ok to drive without a license if it was to go to work or a friends. Details about the gun, bullets, how it's loaded, when it was loaded. They asked him some question about being at a house to pick up first aid supplies and he just says something like "Yeah, gauze". That's it? Or when asked if he thought having a gun that size hurt his ability to provide aid to people, he said it was because it was illegal for him to have a pistol. 

Again, he'll probably walk. But the things that had to happen for him to be in that situation. He'll end up in trouble again in a few years pulling a gun on someone or something else illegal. Then he'll be going celebrity boxing against some tiktok person when he's 30.

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Couldn't you say the same thing about the guy that got his bicep blown off ?

Yes but he didnt kill anyone that we know of 

And also hes going to be brought up on charges from the sound of things (because he shoudlnt have been there) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I think he'll walk too. Listening to him being cross examined for a few min while in the car, it sounds like he doesn't have a grasp of what's legal and what isn't. Maybe "Right and Wrong" is a better way of putting it. From sounding like he thought it was ok to drive without a license if it was to go to work or a friends. Details about the gun, bullets, how it's loaded, when it was loaded. They asked him some question about being at a house to pick up first aid supplies and he just says something like "Yeah, gauze". That's it? Or when asked if he thought having a gun that size hurt his ability to provide aid to people, he said it was because it was illegal for him to have a pistol. 

Again, he'll probably walk. But the things that had to happen for him to be in that situation. He'll end up in trouble again in a few years pulling a gun on someone or something else illegal. Then he'll be going celebrity boxing against some tiktok person when he's 30.

Or he’ll take Ron Johnson’s spot in the Senate and serve with the anti-first amendment fattie from Missouri.

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If he makes it to 30 years old to run for Senate without either falling off the map or getting himself in trouble again. I would be impressed. 

He can have a gun when he’s under 18.  He can drive without a license.  Why should he have to wait to abide by the age threshold to serve as Senator?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Probably.

But I'm not sure anyone much believed there was ever a chance he wouldn't walk.

Im hoping this is what stops them from losing it. Cause we knew when the cops let him walk that he wasn't never going to serve any time. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Im hoping this is what stops them from losing it. Cause we knew when the cops let him walk that he wasn't never going to serve any time. 

It'd be cooler if we forego losing it on property and people that had nothing to do with the outcome and just make Kyle's life a living hell for the rest of his time on this earth.

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Man, people are about to become unhinged when this kid gets off.  

And a lot of it is fueled by absurd expectations.  Anyone that saw the videos that came out immediately after this happened should have known this was a difficult case for the prosecution.  The media should have made this clear to everyone months ago.

The judge being in the tank for this little moron isn’t helping either.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It'd be cooler if we forego losing it on property and people that had nothing to do with the outcome and just make Kyle's life a living hell for the rest of his time on this earth.

That requires a level of sense I don't think the people who are willing to loot and riot have unfortunately. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1