Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dude wasnt even a full time starter for KY. I ****ing hate the pick. I hope I am wrong. 

He seems to have been drafted higher than expected.  Looks like his draft stock rose recently.  I'm not sold.  I would've preferred an offensive tackle like Christian Darrisaw.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

That was a really interesting pick for the Giants.

A stupid pick.  Elijah Moore was the much safer pick.  They should have taken Jenkins, an edge (their defense doesn't have one) or Newsome.

5 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Not a smart pick. besides Leatherwood clearly the biggest reach of the first round.  May not even be a year-1 starter.  

My gut reaction is that Davis was a "reach" pick. But Rivera and Del Rio know a thing or two about LB play behind stalwart Dlines. Maybe they see something in Davis and how he fits into this defense that I am not and many prognosticators are not. He'll, McLaurin would have been a 1st round pick if we knew then what we know now

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

i based my take on a few tv segments i just saw today and they only said great things about him so that pretty much does it

but even then after the pick jeremiah gave a splashy presentation on his awesomeness and that was all i needed

don't know how doing that kind of deep dive could steer me wrong so i don't get the debbie downers

Pretty sure they're bummed because Jamin doesn't project well as a starting QB. 

At the beginning of this process, I had Davis as our 2nd pick with an OT in round 1. His pro day forced him into round 1 and I'm good with that. His is the type of LB you want in this coaching staff's hands. Lots of potential, but raw. As long as he's coachable, he should be a great addition.

4 minutes ago, carex said:

they announcers said he made 95% of his tackles, I think it's hard to be that successful without some decent instincts

Yeah. How many times did he get misdirected or caught in the wash? Why didnt KY play him in 1st down most of the time? Watch his tape. He is an exceptional athlete. He is SLOW to react and gets trapped far too often. I will give RR the benefit of the doubt to get the guy ready. But to pass on JOK for him is laughable. 

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I’m pretty high on Davis and think he’s the most well rounded LB still available with very high upside and athletic ability. My top want was to trade down and get him but whatever he will be a major upgrade over Bostic. Military kid with a great background and football character as well. 

Daniel J. Is comparing him to Darius Leonard.  He's a traditional LB, apparently super smart and gotta trust our coaches know LBer's.

Just now, Wyndorf25 said:

My gut reaction is that Davis was a "reach" pick. But Rivera and Del Rio know a thing or two about LB play behind stalwart Dlines. Maybe they see something in Davis and how he fits into this defense that I am not and many prognosticators are not. He'll, McLaurin would have been a 1st round pick if we knew then what we know now

My guess is that they recognized what we did. That linebacker was a serious weakness. They probably looked at the prospects out there and thought JOK was too small to play the position and was really too much of a quasi-safety. So, they went with a more raw prospect who had all the ideal attributes.

I think it was the intangibles that sold them on Davis.  Yea he is a super athlete but in his press conference I noticed an attitude to him that I really liked.  He was very calm but confident and assertive.  Not timid at all, someone who seemed like he would command attention and respect in a football huddle.  But that is just a hunch on him. 

This front office is so ****ing outdated. They don't believe in trades, they don't believe in securing a franchise QB, they don't understand positional value. This is another Bruce Allen/Scot McCloughan type regime that would rather go 7-10 every year to convince the fanbase they are always "one player away" rather than building a modern long term contender. **** you Ron, **** you Hurney, **** you Mayhew.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i based my take on a few tv segments i just saw today and they only said great things about him so that pretty much does it

but even then after the pick jeremiah gave a splashy presentation on his awesomeness and that was all i needed

don't know how doing that kind of deep dive could steer me wrong so i don't get the debbie downers

They wanted JOK.

Also, I’ll never pronounce his name as anything other than Jammin’.

Archived