Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

0 chance the Giants would have made that trade with us.

Our shot was 8/9 but I'm guessing the asking price was too high.

Too high for what??  To get to 9 may have cost a 2, a 3 and next years 1.  Maybe less.  So what??   We kept the picks but we’ll have a nearly 40 year old journeyman at QB because we played it safe and kept our picks.  Wonder if Andy Reid wishes he’d have played it safe when the Chiefs went and got Mahomes?  Yeah, I’m  sure he regrets what he could have drafted with next years second or third round picks...  

Gotta keep taking swings at the fence instead of standing in the batters box with the bat on your shoulder hoping to draw a walk.  

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Prisco: This is one of my favorite picks of the draft. He will be a special player on a talented front seven. (Pete Prisco)

Height: 6-4, Weight: 234

Grade A on CBS

Prisco also had Lance to Minny at 14 and Mills to Chicago at 20. The guy is something else. Not saying he couldnt be right on Davis. But I dont see it happening this year. Davis is a project to me. Hope I am wrong. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bears-take-surprising-first-round-qb-mac-jones-falls-to-patriots-vikings-also-land-qb/

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Prisco also had Lance to Minny at 14 and Mills to Chicago at 20. The guy is something else. Not saying he couldnt be right on Davis. But I dont see it happening this year. Davis is a project to me. Hope I am wrong. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bears-take-surprising-first-round-qb-mac-jones-falls-to-patriots-vikings-also-land-qb/

You mean people who do Mock Drafts get some wrong???

ImageDetail_06e1d1b7-1e22-4b1b-bd9b-867a7eee2c4d_Medium.jpg

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Do you all think Landon Dickerson or Barmore goes at the end of the first and this Bama team breaks the record?

Marlon Humphrey tweeted before the start of the draft that the Ravens will take Dickerson.

28 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

This front office is so ****ing outdated. They don't believe in trades, they don't believe in securing a franchise QB, they don't understand positional value. This is another Bruce Allen/Scot McCloughan type regime that would rather go 7-10 every year to convince the fanbase they are always "one player away" rather than building a modern long term contender. **** you Ron, **** you Hurney, **** you Mayhew.

Poor fan.  Well, there are 31 other franchises to root for; if this really pisses you off.

My guess, the player the probably would've considered trading up for; went to San Francisco.  I do think they are satisfied with the QB room for 2021; though they may draft one of the second tier QBs and dump Allen or Heinicke. 

I think they know, they have to find that long term QB but for 2021; they are good.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah not going to lie, that stung a little.

On to the next one.  I'm hoping for Asante Samuel, Sam Cosmi, or Rondale Moore at 51.

Sheehan said we won't draft Walker Little (injury concerns).  Also said Toney was off our board (character concerns).  He said we loved the Moore's (Elijah and Rondale) as well as Eskridge.

Just now, HigSkin said:

Ravens will probably take Rondale Moore here.

Why?  They already have a small speedy WR in Brown.  They need big targets for Lamar.  I think they take Dickerson (Marlon Humphrey tweeted this before the draft).

40 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

This front office is so ****ing outdated. They don't believe in trades, they don't believe in securing a franchise QB, they don't understand positional value. This is another Bruce Allen/Scot McCloughan type regime that would rather go 7-10 every year to convince the fanbase they are always "one player away" rather than building a modern long term contender. **** you Ron, **** you Hurney, **** you Mayhew.

http://www.thewarpath.net

46 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

My gut reaction is that Davis was a "reach" pick. But Rivera and Del Rio know a thing or two about LB play behind stalwart Dlines. Maybe they see something in Davis and how he fits into this defense that I am not and many prognosticators are not. He'll, McLaurin would have been a 1st round pick if we knew then what we know now

did some looking and he was mocked to us a time or to so not much of a reach

Archived