Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Sewell is my pick if we don't get Lawrence. We've had a franchise LT for basically the last 20 years(Samuels 2000-2009, Williams from 2010 till 2018 basically). Sewell projects to be BETTER than both. You get him and the rest of the OL is easier because you have a guy who can single block and take his guy out of the game. Get a couple decent Gs in FA. Moses and Roullier are serviceable for now at RT and C.

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sewell is my pick if we don't get Lawrence. We've had a franchise LT for basically the last 20 years(Samuels 2000-2009, Williams from 2010 till 2018 basically). Sewell projects to be BETTER than both. You get him and the rest of the OL is easier because you have a guy who can single block and take his guy out of the game. Get a couple decent Gs in FA. Moses and Roullier are serviceable for now at RT and C.

With DCs scheming their pass rushers all over the field these days in predominantly, the LT position isn't as important as it used to be. 

1 minute ago, method man said:

With DCs scheming their pass rushers all over the field these days in predominantly, the LT position isn't as important as it used to be. 

Overall I agree. But Sewell brings a lot more than pass protection to the table. Couple him with Alijah Vera-Tucker, Deonte Brown, Wyatt Davis, Trey Smith, Jaxson Kirkland, Cade Mays or any two of them at the guards and we have a much different OL. I’d probably opt for the more mobile options at guard. Run some gap scheme stuff. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Overall I agree. But Sewell brings a lot more than pass protection to the table. Couple him with Alijah Vera-Tucker, Deonte Brown, Wyatt Davis, Trey Smith, Jaxson Kirkland, Cade Mays or any two of them at the guards and we have a much different OL. I’d probably opt for the more mobile options at guard. Run some gap scheme stuff. 

I will say that Penei would have nice resale value (ie 2 1sts). The minute you draft a Pitts or Parsons, that asset likely depreciates as soon as you make the pick...like Scherff

Man there is some pile of crap in the NFL right now. We could suck all season and still not pick top 5.

my view seems to change on these each day :ols: but right now in 2021 I’m trading back, our rosters in so weak. 2 or 3 OL, TE, couple of receivers, both safety spots, couple of LBs. 

I didn’t like our approach on FA last year. We simply can’t have a repeat of that in 2021.

20 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Man there is some pile of crap in the NFL right now. We could suck all season and still not pick top 5.

my view seems to change on these each day :ols: but right now in 2021 I’m trading back, our rosters in so weak. 2 or 3 OL, TE, couple of receivers, both safety spots, couple of LBs. 

I didn’t like our approach on FA last year. We simply can’t have a repeat of that in 2021.

What’s scary about free agency is that guys can say no to signing here... which means even the best laid plans don’t matter. The answer becomes the draft. But in order to be competitive next season, we’re going to need a few FA hits. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

What’s scary about free agency is that guys can say no to signing here... which means even the best laid plans don’t matter. The answer becomes the draft. But in order to be competitive next season, we’re going to need a few FA hits. 

Yep we basically got that with Hooper last year (although he has nowhere near played up to his contract CLE so far anyway). Somehow need to snare 2 or 3 FA starters. Tough job ahead.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

This is why it is important to finish with a respectable record this year. If Ron can paint a picture of progress, it’ll be easier to snare free agents. The 2017 free agency class was one of our better ones in recent memory - no surprise that came after posting two winning records on a row

I am also more confident this year because fewer teams will be players given a flat or reduced cap

Man, there's really no quarterbacks I would want that won't be drafted in the first round. None that I would even take a risk on. And if we have the 5th or 6th pick are we really going to take a chance on Trey Lance at that spot? Because Lawrence and Fields will most likely go 1 or 2. And then free agency is lacking in qbs also. If we don't get Cam, we are pretty much stuck. So the question is, is Trey worth the franchise qb treatment at 5 or 6? I haven't seen enough NDSU games to know, all I know is it's scary to draft qbs based on "talent" alone. That's how Trubisky and Daniel Jones were drafted.

Jets

Trevor Lawrence

QB, Clemson

The Jets having Sam Darnold won’t stop them from drafting Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence is the best quarterback prospect in this draft. However, New York will need to fix their coaching situation and continue to develop their offensive line so that they don’t suffer the same fate with yet another young, talented quarterback prospect.

Giants

Penei Sewell

OT, Oregon

This is an intriguing position for the Giants. Sewell is clearly the best Tackle in the Draft. However, the Giants have plenty of holes on their roster. Gettleman definitely has plenty to do with cleaning up their offensive and defensive lines. This pick goes a long way to improve their offensive line and protect their young quarterback better.

Washington

Justin Fields

QB, Ohio State

It seems that Washington knows what it has in Dwayne Haskins. They have benched their quarterback, although the sample size is still small. Coach Ron Rivera is not tied to Haskins and chooses to usher in a new era with a new quarterback. Fields gives Washington a higher ceiling and ultimately a better prospect who has the ability to elude pressure as they continue to shore up their offensive line.

Dolphins

Gregory Rousseau

EDGE, Miami

Miami needs help on the edge. They keep it close to home and get a young, local prospect with a tremendous amount of upside. Rousseau has length and can still add some bulk to his frame. He may have the highest ceiling in the draft out of all of the edge players but needs to continue to develop consistency in his technique.

Jaguars

Trey Lance

QB, North Dakota State

Jacksonville has undoubtedly gotten excellent value from Gardner Minshew. He has maximized his opportunity. However, Jacksonville can’t resist taking a superior talent at the quarterback position. There are plenty of questions to be answered, but Lance gives them a superior athlete at the position with a higher ceiling.

Broncos

Micah Parsons

LB, Penn State

Denver has done an excellent job adding talented players to their defense. Their linebacker corps may lose Von Miller and they like what they have in UDFA Alexander Johnson. Micah Parsons gives coach Vic Fangio a dynamic athlete who he can move around in ways that are advantageous for their defense.

Dolphins

Ja'Marr Chase

WR, LSU

Miami gets the best wide receiver in this draft. Chase will bring the ability to separate in man coverage as a big-play threat on the outside. He won the Biletnikoff Award as a sophomore and will only improve as he matures in the NFL.

Bengals

Patrick Surtain II

CB, Alabama

Cincinnati adds Surtain, who is arguably the best cornerback in the draft. They have had inconsistent cornerback play in recent years and will jump at the opportunity to add one of the best, most pro-ready players in the draft.

Panthers

Caleb Farley

CB, Virginia Tech

Farley may have the most upside out of any of the corners in this draft. He hasn’t played the position long, but the arrow is pointing up for this player. He has the size, length, and instincts to be a Day 1 starter for the Panthers.

Falcons

Dylan Moses

LB, Alabama

Atlanta’s defense has been ailing so far in 2020. They add Moses, who was one of the most athletic and dynamic linebackers in the draft process before his 2019 injury. A healthy season will go a long way toward solidifying that he has overcome his injury and can return to be the player he once was.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-drae-harris-2.0

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:3) WashingtonMicah Parsons

3) Washington

Micah Parsons LB, Penn State

Washington has done an excellent job adding talented players to their defensive line. However, their entire linebacker corps is the drizzly ****s and needs a complete overhaul that begins with Micah Parsons. Micah Parsons gives coach Rivera a dynamic athlete who he can move around in ways that are advantageous for their defense.

Fixed it for you!

40 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Trey Lance is fun to watch. He has glaring holes, though, and should sit a full year. But his arm, and overall athletic talent is so enticing.

The problem for this franchise is using a first rounder on a guy that can’t/shouldn’t contribute is a luxury I’m not sure we have.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The problem for this franchise is using a first rounder on a guy that can’t/shouldn’t contribute is a luxury I’m not sure we have.

Hes not my top pick, but I wouldn't be pissed if we take him. Nice thing is we suck so bad right now, just about every pick satisfies a need.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Hes not my top pick, but I wouldn't be pissed if we take him. Nice thing is we suck so bad right now, just about every pick satisfies a need.

Depending where we pick I could fall directly in line with you or... not! :ols: there’s a spot where I think for THIS franchise he’d be over drafted with so many holes. A more stable one? He could be picked earlier, in my opinion anyways

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Depending where we pick I could fall directly in line with you or... not! :ols: there’s a spot where I think for THIS franchise he’d be over drafted with so many holes. A more stable one? He could be picked earlier, in my opinion anyways

I'd be very happy, pending on our approach to FA, with Sewell, Lance, Parsons, Chase, Lawrence, Fields...

I would like to come away with some plan at QB. But I'm willing to let things play out these next 6 mos and see what happens. 

Archived