Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Zach Wilson is a QB worth watching this year. Had a great game against Louisiana Tech, with quick decision making, accuracy on the run, dual threat qb, with a pretty good arm, and good footwork. Kind of reminds me of Baker Mayfield in play style, but I'm basing that on just this one game and the comp can change. Some say he could rise to be QB #3 in the draft.

WR to keep an eye on... Charleston Rambo. He just bailed out the Sooners’ backup QB on a horrendous throw. Went and watched more highlights of him because he’s been flashing regularly... Dude can play. 

No full opinion yet... just dropping a name. 

@Fresh8686

Been watching him a bit but went and watched every snap from the Navy game just now. 

Things I like:

-Decisive

-Good arm

-sees openings

-can move

-gets into his drops well

-mechanically sound

Things I didn’t:

-every throw looks like it’s high effort

-Every throw us a ****ing rocket

-takes a lot of risks due to trust in his arm and unsure how that translates.

Looking forward to see his end of the season progress. There could be something there.

Zach Wilson does look intriguing. I agree with most of what @KDawgsaid. I noticed as well that it seemed like many of his "NFL type" throws he had to put lots of effort to get it there in time which to me indicates he has a relatively average arm. Certainly not a deal breaker but just something to note. Pretty good mechanics. Really like how he's able to extend plays while keeping his eyes downfield and finding the right guy. I wouldn't really bill him as a dual threat guy in the NFL, but at least he can run if need be.

Definitely a guy to keep an eye on.

ADD: I'd also like to see him play against some better competition as well, to see how he fares. So far they've completely trounced mostly subpar opponents.

I always like hearing QBs break down what they saw and how certain plays happened and it seems like he has a pretty good head on his shoulders and good instincts:

Side note: He's 21 but looks like he's not even old enough to stay home alone on the weekends, let alone buy booze.  :ols:

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Kadarius Toney was on my radar last year. Still is.

Trask’s arm is very questionable. But such good touch.

Agree, not much zip as for Trask's throws, he throws off his back foot at times too including that INT which wasn't counted as one because of the penalty.

Toney is a gamer, man crush building on him.  He's so dynamic.  And I love the feistiness he plays with. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, not much zip as for Trask's throws, he throws off his back foot at times too including that INT which wasn't counted as one because of the penalty.

Toney is a gamer, man crush building on him.  He's so dynamic.  And I love the fesitiness he plays with. 

Yeah you'd figure that a 6'5 245lb QB would have a bigger arm but it seems more or less mediocre. 

Another thing I noticed about Trask, and maybe it's just my perception, but his footwork looks really slow on many drop backs. Like, at times his feet look like they're in concrete. 

There is some homer in this statement, and tonight will tell us a lot... but I don’t think as receivers Jordan and Pitts are all that different. I also think that Wydermeier is a better tight end (full job description) than anyone. Including Freiermuth, at the moment.

39 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There is some homer in this statement, and tonight will tell us a lot... but I don’t think as receivers Jordan and Pitts are all that different. I also think that Wydermeier is a better tight end (full job description) than anyone. Including Freiermuth, at the moment.

I liked Jordan, did my take earlier this year based on last years games.  I did like Pitts more.  But I agree they weren't a mile different.  I haven't watched Jordan though yet this season.  

2 hours ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Ehlinger has ice in his veins! Not sure if he has all the makings of a franchise qb though. On a side note, still can't believe Lincoln Riley threw the ball. What a game

Ehlinger is a really tough nut to crack as far as his NFL potential IMO.

I love watching him play and you can just feel the aura of leadership and passion for the game coming off of him every minute he's on the field.

I've seen Tebow comparisons and I can see some of it due to how he runs and his accuracy issues but he doesn't have Tebow's glaring mechanics problems. His mechanics and footwork actually look pretty decent to me. 

His accuracy bothers me because it's just so inconsistent and up and down. Overall I don't think he's necessarily inaccurate but he'll go for stretches where he's throwing ducks. He's also had the benefit of having big receivers with really a wide catch radius to help him out sometimes. 

The system he's in is also pretty simple college stuff with half field high-low reads so he'd definitely need some time to develop into a pro style system. 

I've seen him dinged for arm strength but I don't really see it as a huge issue. He doesn't have an elite arm but it seems decent to me. Certainly good enough for an NFL QB IMO. 

If he continues to play well I could see him sneaking up boards. Maybe not a 1st rounder but perhaps a sleeper 2nd round pick even if it's mostly for his great intangibles by a team who thinks they can develop the other parts of his game.

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ehlinger is a really tough nut to crack as far as his NFL potential IMO.

I love watching him play and you can just feel the aura of leadership and passion for the game coming off of him every minute he's on the field.

I've seen Tebow comparisons and I can see some of it due to how he runs and his accuracy issues but he doesn't have Tebow's glaring mechanics problems. His mechanics and footwork actually look pretty decent to me. 

His accuracy bothers me because it's just so inconsistent and up and down. Overall I don't think he's necessarily inaccurate but he'll go for stretches where he's throwing ducks. He's also had the benefit of having big receivers with really a wide catch radius to help him out sometimes. 

The system he's in is also pretty simple college stuff with half field high-low reads so he'd definitely need some time to develop into a pro style system. 

I've seen him dinged for arm strength but I don't really see it as a huge issue. He doesn't have an elite arm but it seems decent to me. Certainly good enough for an NFL QB IMO. 

If he continues to play well I could see him sneaking up boards. Maybe not a 1st rounder but perhaps a sleeper 2nd round pick even if it's mostly for his great intangibles by a team who thinks they can develop the other parts of his game.

I remember he was horrible against UMD, but that was like 3 years ago.

18 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I remember he was horrible against UMD, but that was like 3 years ago.

As far as accuracy he's had a couple of real stinkers against TCU (this season and last). Weird thing was that this year even though he was overall very inaccurate against them (17 of 36) he still had 4 passing TDs and helped to keep them in the game (though they still lost 33-31). So I do like that even when he's inaccurate he still manages to find ways to do good things.

Watching Lawrence... he’s throwing a ton of tunnel screens and a lot of option runs. I’d like to see him sit in the pocket and throw downfield a little as a NFL prospect. He’s done it before so there’s film, obviously, but this gameplan is real gimmicky.

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Watching Lawrence... he’s throwing a ton of tunnel screens and a lot of option runs. I’d like to see him sit in the pocket and throw downfield a little as a NFL prospect. He’s done it before so there’s film, obviously, but this gameplan is real gimmicky.

Ask and you shall receive, just dropped a beautiful touch pass in the bucket to Ladson

Archived