Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kamren Curl, S Arkansas

zCommander

I don't get the Jeremy Chinn hype at all. He had one game with the back to back D TDs, that's great, but was he that impactful? Last I checked the Panthers D was pretty ass. I'll give you guys like Winfield and Queen, they were terrific, but I'm not even sure Chinn was a top 5 rookie.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't get the Jeremy Chinn hype at all. He had one game with the back to back D TDs, that's great, but was he that impactful? Last I checked the Panthers D was pretty ass. I'll give you guys like Winfield and Queen, they were terrific, but I'm not even sure Chinn was a top 5 rookie.

Chinn over exceeded expectations for a rookie which is always good. I want to say that Carolina has the youngest defense in the league. They have some good building blocks in Burns, Brown, and Chinn. Especially Burns, that guy will be Chase's competition for All-Pros in the next 10 years. Queen wasn't that good, he had good stats but he also had a ton of missed tackles. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Curl is one of the players I’m most excited to see this season.  But people are expecting a drop off in his play.  I don’t understand why?  I’m expecting him to have a better year this year (even statistically in some respects) than last year.

• Like 1

Yup that was an informative interview with JDR. Landon was told to get lighter this year and will stay at SS but sometimes play in the box like a quasi LB. Kam Curl will get in where he fits in and will alternate between Buffalo Nickel and FS. Also they will at some point cross train Shaka Toney as both DE and LB and in the future JDR envisions WJ3 and BSJ as our two outside corners which would put Fuller in the Slot. He also wants to see our corners helping our d line get sacks as much as the line helps our corners with coverage. 

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We're pretty freaking loaded at SS. Thanks to what should be an NFL best pass rush it should really let those guys fly around and keep the plays in front of the FS.

Good point. Just tell whoever plays FS, to immediately run a post route the other way, and we're good.

The other 10 guys are highly capable of taking care of any play, and it also guarantees nobody gets behind our FS

I'm sure you're thinkin ; Isn't it a wonder, I'm not a Defensive Coordinator ? ;)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Really enjoyed that interview. I don’t watch many, but she asked great questions and JDR was a good listen.

So glad to have a competent DC sort it all out.

We havn't had a good DC since the early 2000's :

Gregg Williams, Marvin Lewis, Kurt Schottenhieimer, Ray Rhodes.

I may even take him over all those guys.

5 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Curl is one of the players I’m most excited to see this season.  But people are expecting a drop off in his play.  I don’t understand why? 

Probably because that's been a common pattern here. Oftentimes, we find a good young safety in the draft who starts out strong, and then he's gone.

Chris Horton, Kyshoen Jarrett (through no fault of his own of course, and not holding that against him)

And some may disagree with me here, but I believe when Nicholson was a young starter, he was really good and showed promise, and then Boom.

Fans are so used to being let down or disappointed, that they emotionally prepare for it to happen again, with their defense mechanisms

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Really enjoyed that interview. I don’t watch many, but she asked great questions and JDR was a good listen.

So glad to have a competent DC sort it all out.

Interesting that Del Rio asked Collins to get lighter. I wonder why.