Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Finished my 30 Rock rewatch. Now restarting Community.

30 Rock has held up. Community, for me, has not.

If you like 30 Rock checkout Unbreakable Kimmy Shmidt—Another Tina Fey co-creation. "Da Fuan" is a lead in this one. It's pretty funny.

45 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Just finished rewatching Community since the original run. This is a WOAT opinion. Rewatching just made me realize how great the show was. It kinda loses some steam as the seasons go along but it's still overall great. Can't wait till they can finesse a movie from this.

• Like 2

Read the other day that our county is saying that they are going to proceed with opening schools up in the fall for the 2020/2021 school year.  Me and my wife.....we are like **** that.  Kids are ****ing germ bombs.  I hear from friends in other counties and states that they are talking about giving the option to send their kids back or do online again.  Well......not an option here from what we can research.

Wife and a friend had a call today with someone that does home schooling and that's the route we are going for Tazette next year.  She actually asked us multiple times the last couple of years if she could be home schooled or do online schooling.  Got some solid resources for home schooling and we are gonna do it for at least one year while all this **** works itself out.  

No plans to do this much past 7th grade, possibly 8th grade if this **** goes apocalyptic.  But I feel better knowing that she's not gonna be a part of some **** show experiment of going back with no clue, just waiting on them to shut the school back down again.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No plans to do this much past 7th grade, possibly 8th grade if this **** goes apocalyptic.  But I feel better knowing that she's not gonna be a part of some **** show experiment of going back with no clue, just waiting on them to shut the school back down again.

Two of my cousins work in school systems in DMV, the very concept of what public school is could change at rate we going from what they seeing in action.  

Believe if enough parents like you make clear the public school attendance will get sliced to point it damages the funding they get, they'll figure out full-remote capabilities. Could be a situation where it's a privilege based on grades, I don't think we ready for closing every public school not that many districts have proven this can be done from home.

But if kids get to be fully remote, where does where you actually live come into play? Even in NOVA when I was I high school we knew some high schools were better at certain subjects then others, Woodbridge HS was considered an arts school back in the 2000s.

No one should have to be on campus at least until the second wave is over.  I'm not ready for the jus because we can shutter every public school and use zoom instead that we should after that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

If you like 30 Rock checkout Unbreakable Kimmy Shmidt—Another Tina Fey co-creation. "Da Fuan" is a lead in this one. It's pretty funny.

I really only remember season 1 of Community so this rewatch should mostly be fresh. I do agree with what someone else said, it kinda fell off as the show went on and eventually got kinda...weird if i remember correctly.

6 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Not for thirty grand. 

Hell, not even 10 grand.

My dad had Country Squire Wagon in the mid 70's; that car was huge. Of course I was a kid then; so any car would seem huge to kid.

Anyone watch the season finale of the Blacklist.   To finish the episode; they animated the remaining parts.  It didn't work out to well and frankly ruined the episode.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Two of my cousins work in school systems in DMV, the very concept of what public school is could change at rate we going from what they seeing in action.  

Believe if enough parents like you make clear the public school attendance will get sliced to point it damages the funding they get, they'll figure out full-remote capabilities. Could be a situation where it's a privilege based on grades, I don't think we ready for closing every public school not that many districts have proven this can be done from home.

But if kids get to be fully remote, where does where you actually live come into play? Even in NOVA when I was I high school we knew some high schools were better at certain subjects then others, Woodbridge HS was considered an arts school back in the 2000s.

No one should have to be on campus at least until the second wave is over.  I'm not ready for the jus because we can shutter every public school and use zoom instead that we should after that.

My biggest concern, in NC, is the fact that they don't seem to consider how bad opening them up could potentially be and they are not offering an online option, at minimum for the first month or two.  Honestly, what is even scarier is that we most likely are going to have to deal with a second wave during flu season and no vaccine for covid-19 is close to being ready yet. 

They project that it will be January before one is created and I think the smart thing to do would be to continue to do online schooling at least through February of 2021.  That's a long time (6 months), but it would be the safest option, imo. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Really, Taze, consider the entire school year.

I think they should do the entire school year too.  But I'm sure that's never going to happen here and what concerns me more is that they don't even seem to have a plan in place, like online for 2 months or 6 months and re-evaluate the situation to see if they can re-open the doors for students to come back safely.  

And I don't trust my county to implement a plan with a safe approach either, which is why Tazette is not going back to public school until at least the 2021/2022 school year.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Sad 1

It took 4 years to develop the polio vaccine. They are being extremely optimistic with a 12-18 month projection. The only advantage now is that there are a ****load more companies around the world working on it, but mass production & distribution is still the biggest challenge we face. 

(And truth be told, Tazette is probably gonna be a whole lot better educated if you're doing it from home, she gets to immediately see what she's learned applied to real life.) 

• Like 1

Eh, Taze drinks as much as I do. 

Roll of the dice there. 

Kidding aside, I think that all students in any capacity should be given free internet and a laptop loaded with all of the things needed to complete their required curriculum. Socially brick and mortar schools are great,  educational resources are available regardless. 

Teachers would still get to work also.

• Like 1