Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 64th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, The Seattle Seahawks select:

Albert Chukwueneka Okwuegbunam, TE Missouri

6'5" 258 lbs

ZDB_4219_71.JPG

This was a surprisingly difficult pick for Seattle. At this stage in the draft, you are often looking at BPA. We had a few players on our board here, each with clear positives, but uncertainties as well. Albert Okwuegbunam certainly fits the bill as a guy that is tough to grade. If he came out last year, he might have gone higher. This year he played more of a WR than a TE, with a far inferior qb at the helm than Lock. In any event, there are things you cant teach: Height, Frame, Hands, Ball-Tracking Ability, and Speed. At 6'5" 258 lbs a 4.49 40yd dash, Albert has the skills to be able to produce with an elite QB at the helm, provided you give him time to learn how to inline block. He's decent at run blocking in a split set, but his high waist/leverage creates some issues with inline blocking. However, with his incredible catch radius, and soft hands, he will fit in nicely. The route running is not as crisp as we would like, due to the stiffness in the hips... But Wilson made Will Dissly look like a receiving threat...

Then there are some things you cant teach. But if the man has serious aspirations of being a doctor, i think he can learn the nuances of an NFL route tree.

Time to add some playmaking ability to our toolkit and hopefully secure a legitimate WR2 to plug in alongside the franchise tagged AJ Green.  With the 65th pick in the ES 2020 mock draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

33DC4FA7-F010-4851-BE53-B420CEBE0C33.jpeg

Overview

The comparison to former teammate Miles Boykin is an easy one since both have elite size and explosiveness, but Claypool has a higher ceiling and is a little more pro-ready. Claypool doesn't have shake to get much separation underneath, but he's physical inside the route and is adept at making contested catches when needed. He has size/strength/speed to bedevil singled up cornerbacks on 50/50 deep balls. He's a vertical challenger outside, a possession receiver as a big slot, an outstanding run blocker and immediate coverage ace on special teams. His elite traits and diverse skill set could allow him to create a unique footprint as a pro.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

No - Sorry!!  Thanks for asking!! 

Its a good thing I got that post in a second earlier. haha.

3 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Time to add some playmaking ability to our toolkit and hopefully secure a legitimate WR2 to plug in alongside the franchise tagged AJ Green.  With the 65th pick in the ES 2020 mock draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

Chase was one of the guys on my short list at 64, but ultimately, I thought he may drop to the middle of the 3rd.

@Skin'emAlive and @WelshSkinsFan Sorry about the confusion! I am glad it worked out. 

We are now officially in the 3rd round! Moving at a great pace. Unfortunately i believe much of the reason is due to the current world situation. Given my choice I would take a slow mock and no pandemic. But it is what it is. We can enjoy the few small positives in a very unstable situation. 

Ok, back to the fun: 

@COWBOY-KILLA- and your Washington Redskins are on the clock!

@bedlamVR and the Lions are on deck

@Morrison J and the Jets are in the wings! 

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

ok guys give me a few and I should be able to make my pick soon. If anyone is interested in snagging the pick please let me know..I’d be open to working It out fairly..

Let's do it!.. I'm just poking my head in for a minute I'll check back in here in a short bit

With the 66th pick of the 2020 ES Mock Draft, The Washington Redskins select Noah Igbinoghene 5’11 200 lbs. CB Auburn.

He’s raw rn having only played CB for two years. But the sky’s the limit with this kid. Both his parents were world class Olympic athletes, he’s a track guy. Humble learner who is very very physical. Has the potential to be a star. Averaged 30+ yds/kick return too. 

E89A79F0-ED77-4578-AB38-50F509C8A2A7.jpeg

Okay well the lions will move things fairly quickly.. With the 67th pick in the 2020 draft the Lions will select ; 

Raekwon Davis DL Alabama - 

Yeah there are questions about maturity and production has dropped off since he came to prominence in 2017 but possess the physical tools to be a tone setter on the DL - With Snacks on his way out the lions need help and while Davis might not be the finished product he will have opportunities to work into the rotation with decent position flexibility and has the tools and athleticism that you would look for  

With the 68th pick in the 2020 draft the NY Jets will select ; 

ALOHI GILMAN, S, Notre Dame

Great piece to add to any defense imo. One of the best tacklers I can remember watching coming through in years. Notre Dame moved him all over the field to play to his strengths but he's at his best coming downhill and stopping the run. Can be a great asset as a strong safety especially in early downs and guaranteed to be an elite special teams player. 

5bd3aafb5b89b.image.jpg

Archived