Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Come into this thread to get your hot new Popeyes clothing!!!!!

spjunkies

I tell you what is outrageous: how ridiculously underwhelming the Popeyes chicken sandwich was. 

1: somehow bland. I don’t get this. Popeyes fried chicken is not bland. How did your sandwich end up this way? Not nearly enough spice for how thick the piece of chicken was. 

2. Some jerk took the thing directly out of the fryer at 300 degrees and popped it in the bag within 15 seconds. It was soggy as hell by the time I got it. Breading was mush. Bun was falling apart. Awful. 

edit- I see we’re discussing this on this page. I had regular, not spicy. I see at least Springfield seems to agree that regular Popeyes chicken sandwich is subpar. 

26 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

edit- I see we’re discussing this on this page. I had regular, not spicy. I see at least Springfield seems to agree that regular Popeyes chicken sandwich is subpar. 

I don’t think the regular is bad, per se, it needs some sort of sauce though to be tasty.  I like both of CFA’s offerings more.

That spicy joint is straight fiya though.  So ****ing good.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  My mouth is watering right now.  And that texture.  It’s on point.  So crispy.

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t think the regular is bad, per se, it needs some sort of sauce though to be tasty.  I like both of CFA’s offerings more.

That spicy joint is straight fiya though.  So ****ing good.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  My mouth is watering right now.  And that texture.  It’s on point.  So crispy.

Yeah see I tried it without any sauce, trying to get a sense of the sandwich itself. It was bland. To add insult to injury, it was soggy as hell, so I didn’t even get the awesome crispy factor. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

How do we feel about Zaxby’s?

That's my go to chicken joint as of late. They built one right down the block across from the KFC. 

Common theme here in Greensboro. Build a chicken joint right across the street from an existing one. Chic fil a did the same across from the popeyes. KFC did the same across from a bojangles. 😋

I know of 3 places in ATL that have LJS right next to, side by side, to Captain Ds.🙄

Love Zaxby's. It's across the street from CFA and around the block from KFC. Where you go depends on what side of the road you're on & what traffic stupidity you'll have to deal with to get what you want. 😂

I just opened this for the first time and I want to make sure I got this right.  A white guy started a thread about how offended black people should be by something, except black people aren't offended and it got sort of awkward, but saved with jokes?  I love this place.

Archived