Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

So I got my $250 Chewy delivery yesterday...it's normally about $80, but I had Vicki's insulin and syringes added in. 

I give my indoor cats expensive food, and my auto-order has a big bag of Meow Mix for Cameron and other outdoor kitties that come around. 

Well, they sent a 30-pound bag of Friskies Seafood instead, with a 40-pound bag of litter and the 16-pound bag of Nutro ALL IN ONE BOX.   Luckily, I have trees to block it or the neighbors would have seen me trying to fight multiple bags on the porch. 

• Sad 1

Danzig just cancelled his Houston tour date because of excessive heat. The concert was going to be outside. I’m finding it absolutely hilarious that a satanic dude can’t stand the heat. Damn dude, maybe you be been walking the incorrect path.

Im a walking screaming cold chill - Danzig (2023) Brand New God with updated lyrics

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm just glad I felt it in the lungs. They said these things can make it all the way to the brain? Jfc

Yeah, the corporate attorney for a company I used to work for had one, and it struck him while on a plane.  By the time they landed and got him help he was dead.

Hope you're OK.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, China said:

Yeah, the corporate attorney for a company I used to work for had one, and it struck him while on a plane.  By the time they landed and got him help he was dead.

Hope you're OK.

Yeah, been reading stories on thus forum all day. Probably not the best idea, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Lots of plane stories. Other stories like mine, fairly innocuous... Slipped I'm the kitchen, home improvement accident, dinged at work, and stayed off your feet for too many days.

Caught a fridge on my mid foot about a month ago. I did notice about 2 weeks ago getting up one morning, that my leg had that weird feeling, like when you get out of the car after a 4-6 hr drive without stopping. Like a dumbass, I didn't pay that much attention to it. That should've been the moment when it dawned on me. It just migrated from there.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwdAOjbRVZl/?igshid=MWZjMTM2ODFkZg==

The problem with social media is that everyone is trying to peddle some narrative and social media / internet gives them wider reach

"You can't eat eggs anymore."

"Dairy is not fit for human consumption."

"Don't eat from non-stick pans."

"You can't have too much sodium. Try this less salt trick."

No, I'll eat what I want, just not too much of it. You can't live your life in fear!

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Just got some really bad news.  My husband's brother-in-law (and life-long Redskins fan) Willie has passed away. 

He was a great man and a very good friend to me over the years. 

Im going to the interment of the first of my good buddies to go, later on this afternoon.  Sad day.  Dude had struggled with being in a chair since he was eighteen.  Would've played corner at a decent school had he not gotten injured.  Toughest sob I've ever known. 

RIP to Willie and my buddy Jim.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Im going to the interment of the first of my good buddies to go, later on this afternoon.  Sad day.  Dude had struggled with being in a chair since he was eighteen.  Would've played corner at a decent school had he not gotten injured.  Toughest sob I've ever known. 

RIP to Willie and my buddy Jim.

Your friend Jim was very tough.  

Best thoughts for you today.   

• Thanks 2

On 8/31/2023 at 12:40 PM, skinsmarydu said:

So I got my $250 Chewy delivery yesterday...it's normally about $80, but I had Vicki's insulin and syringes added in. 

I give my indoor cats expensive food, and my auto-order has a big bag of Meow Mix for Cameron and other outdoor kitties that come around. 

Well, they sent a 30-pound bag of Friskies Seafood instead, with a 40-pound bag of litter and the 16-pound bag of Nutro ALL IN ONE BOX.   Luckily, I have trees to block it or the neighbors would have seen me trying to fight multiple bags on the porch. 

Your ups guy prolly was cursing at you too… 😬

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I don't want to create another political thread, but our democracy is broken. Here's a rant on our insane democracy.

- We would give the boot to 2 Supreme Court justices who have openly accepted lavish gifts, including paying rent or buying a house for one of their mothers.  This is prolly just the tip of the iceberg. 

- Two Senators with clear and obvious medical issues would have also gotten the boot.

- A major party Presidential candidate is facing legitimate criminal trials. 

- The other major party candidate and sitting President is pretty old but talking about it is like "giving aid and comfort to the enemy". 

- Everyone seems to hate our person-of-color female VP for their awkward social personality and treats her like a joke (also she was a Senator)

- Our citizens are ready to eject the typical politocians, but we just vacilate between the two parties who don't feed voters anything but the typical politician.

- The media just repeats what a few people report on or what they are fed by the political parties.  They don't want to call any BS on political figures.  

- A corrupt state AG is being defended because "the voters still like him..." and state Senators are being pressured politically to keep him.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

@Fergasun

You gonna have to, no politics in RTT

There is a Random Politics thread:

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1