Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

^^^ Something similar happened to me this week.  Old guy comes to pick up his catering order and I'm helping him carry it to his car with one of my Caps masks on.  He says to me, "Yanno, they lied to us, those things don't work!"  I just giggled politely, but I was secretly hoping he gets covid, is miserably sick, and lives to never be able to step foot in my restaurant again. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@Destino

makes sense. I’ve found most adults seem to get their satisfaction from arguing - not forming consensus, not sharing ideas, not revising your opinion. 

Just from arguing. 

so yeah, if you walk away you deprive them of that satisfaction (they don’t even know) they’re looking for. And they go nuts 😂 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

I have found if you drink heavily , daily, your hangovers aren’t that bad except when you go waaaaaaaaay overboard. 

Yea, that pretty much describes the situation.

1 minute ago, The 12th Commandment said:

By middle age you've either calmed way down on the drinking or become an alcoholic.  

Alcoholics go to meetings.  I prefer the term “drunk”.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Alcoholics go to meetings.  I prefer the term “drunk”.

After retiring, I made the switch to being a daily stoner and an occasional borracho.  This was after a good bit of experimentation.  There are downsides but I sure feel good in the morning when I light up a fresh doob with my coffee.  

48 minutes ago, tshile said:

Which is perfect for me because for me middle age is always 10 years older than me. 

Sometimes alternative facts are understandable.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

After retiring, I made the switch to being a daily stoner and an occasional borracho.  This was after a good bit of experimentation.  There are downsides but I sure feel good in the morning when I light up a fresh doob with my coffee.  

Amazingly, I can put names to faces & can almost always remember what their usual order is.  

It's gotta be the coffee :ols:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I haven’t been that drunk in a while.  I feel like ****.  God I’m old.  

7 hours ago, tshile said:

I have found if you drink heavily , daily, your hangovers aren’t that bad except when you go waaaaaaaaay overboard. 

If you don't stop drinking, you don't get hungover.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

My effort to work without injury failed again...got the middle finger of my left hand stuck in the DT window--and trying to pull it out just tightened the window on it.  🙄  Had an "incident report" filled out just in case anything goes wrong...

But my area supervisor worked with us and brought me some of his famous "Share The Love" chili (same recipe from the Mexican place he owned) and some jalapeno cheddar cornbread.  I'm sure that exchange in the parking lot caused a few 🤨...

Everything is just fine now 😋.   My finger could probably fall off & I wouldn't even notice. 

4 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

This owl pearches up on branches and whatnot, to where I can get about 10 yards from him until he flies away.  I've tried to scare him, even threw a little snowball at him, from about 15 yards.  MF stares at me like, "you serious?"

I have a running fight with possums eating the cat food on the deck...last week, I found a raccoon out there. 

Nope, no fight.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1