Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 4/13/2020 at 11:26 AM, China said:

Just let the hair go wild and the makeup be crazy, smeared lipstick an extra set of drawn on eyebrows, mascara smears.  That will have the extra benefit of keeping people at least 6 ft away.

Also wear a loosely-tied robe.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

🌹

Titanic

Well, they built the ship Titanic to sail the ocean blue,

And they thought they had a ship that the water wouldn't go through.

But on her maiden voyage a snowball struck the ship,

It was sad when the great ship went down.

I bet that bad boy was something to behold. On the 100th anni they sent a latest model submersible in that was able to get into unexplored parts of the ship, like a Turkish bath house, that was not as damaged and weathered/rusted over as other areas.

Words dont describe how beautiful it was.

• Like 4

So I saw the clip in the other thread of Jar Jar giving Palpatine emergency powers and a thought occurred to me.  In the original movie, Darth Vader could detect the presence of the force in others, sensing Obi Wan and later saying "the force is strong in this one."  Yet they couldn't figure out Palpatine was strong with the force?  They couldn't sense that?  I suppose you're going to tell me he could willfully suppress his connection to the force so others couldn't sense him, perhaps in the way Luke shut himself off from the force in the last Trilogy?

• Like 2

Odd thing. Went to buy beer the other day, opened up the sunroof. Damn thing wouldn't close. I get that it's my beater and fifteen years old. Had to pull one of my nice cars out of the garage that I hadn't driven in over a month. Because it was supposed to rain. 

Went into the garage today. Tried it again and it worked perfectly. And of course it is raining. Happy and mad at the same time. 

• Haha 3

I just read that Neiman Marcus will be filing for bankruptcy.  So I decided to check out their website, recalling that they sell some extravagant items and I came across this:

Lady Bag in Alligator

NMV4E7C_60_m?&wid=790&height=981

For $33,000!  Better hurry, there's only 1 left!

Who the **** spends that much on a bag?  Alligator isn't rare.  It's not diamond studded.  Apparently some people have too much money on their hands and don't know what to do with it.

• Like 2

Been accepted into a nursing program at a nearby (next county over) community college.  4 weeks from now, I'll be starting on upgrading my LPN to RN.  

In a job market which won't be nearly as guaranteed at as was when I applied.  But still, don't think I should be complaining about my job prospects in this economy.  

Paid $1300 for my first semester's tuition.  Just paid $1100 for the electronic package that will be my textbooks for the next year.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Been accepted into a nursing program at a nearby (next county over) community college.  4 weeks from now, I'll be starting on upgrading my LPN to RN.  

In a job market which won't be nearly as guaranteed at as was when I applied.  But still, don't think I should be complaining about my job prospects in this economy.  

Paid $1300 for my first semester's tuition.  Just paid $1100 for the electronic package that will be my textbooks for the next year.  

Good for you, and thanks for being a good person.

• Like 1

However, I have a buddy that can't get it up at this point without pills, and his lady is not really interested anyway. I feel bad for them.

Kudos to them for still having passion in their relationship, not to mention either attraction or willingness to have some fun. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

However, I have a buddy that can't get it up at this point without pills, and his lady is not really interested anyway. I feel bad for them.

Kudos to them for still having passion in their relationship, not to mention either attraction or willingness to have some fun. 

Ugh. Taking dick pills someday is like my worst nightmare

• Haha 1

My morning commute takes me through rural areas every morning, around sunrise.  So fog is not unusual.  

And I've noticed - There's always a clear bubble, wherever there's a clump of trees.  You drive between two pastures, and the fig's so thick that I sometimes have to slow down, for safety.  But then you come to a patch where there's trees next to the road?  And you can clearly see the road for 1/4 mile ahead or more.  Till you get to the next treeless sretch, and thick fog.  

Obviously, there's something about trees that interferes with fog.  Prevents it forming, or eats it as it drifts in.  Something.  

But I can't figure out what it is.  I know that the circulatory system of trees involves absorbing water (and nutrients) in the roots, capilary action drawing that water up to the leaves, where the water is ost through evaporation  Which wuld implythat trees would increase the humidity where they are.  (Except, when it's foggy, there's no evaporation.  So in foggy conditions that reasoning mayt not apply.)  

So I don't know why there's no fog where the trees are.