Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I never asked the question all this time because I didn't want to know but apparently my wife did so she asked my cancer Dr. what stage my cancer is and he said "Oh, it's always been stage 4"

Thanks! That's why I never asked lol.

All stage 4 means is that it went from one place to another. So if it goes from your lungs to your lymph nodes then it's stage 4. Mine is the pancreas though which is supposed to be horrible but I've been mostly ok.

But I've had it for years now. 3 years ago it was diagnosed but it was already a huge 20cm x 15cm blob and attached to pancreas and stomach. Then the surgeon cut it all out and months later it returned on my liver. Then 6 months of chemo reduced it 50% but the Y90 radiation is awesome and totally removed it for 6 months. It wasn't 1 spot on my liver it was more like 25 little spots all over so that radiation really kicks ass and is much better than the chemo. I didn't really get too sick from it. Everybody says radiation sucks but Y90 isn't the same thing. It's injected and nano particles find and targets the cancer, somehow. I can't remember everything.

Now it's back on my liver again unfortunately but at least I know that it's possible to make it disappear for a while. So I might last a few more years after all unless it spreads. But it hasn't other than after my surgery where it's guaranteed that little microscopic pieces were floating around after it was cut out.

(Before the diagnosis I was having occasional burning sensation after eating too much but a glass of water made it go away most of the time. The hospital I went to 2 years prior told me it was heartburn but it was so painful that I didn't believe them but never had it checked out again. If they had done a ct scan instead of an ultrasound they probably would have seen it then. My surgeon said it was a very slow growth cancer so it had been there for years. I was 48 when it was diagnosed. The surgeon tested it twice before removing it and both times was wrong on what type of cancer it was.The VA will rate anyone with pancreatic cancer 100% disability, well at least someone who served in both persion gulf wars. The VA even rented me a private jet to fly 200 miles to a different hospital because at one point I was going to be dead soon)

Just an FYI if you are like me and think it's nothing and then it goes away for months and you think you were right.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Sad 8

Earthquake in the Northeast. Reports coming in from Philly and Albany

Luckily it was not major

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Did you guys down in D.C. feel the earthquake, or just us up north in the PA/NJ region?

Nope I felt nothing.

47 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Did you guys down in D.C. feel the earthquake, or just us up north in the PA/NJ region?

46 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Earthquake in the Northeast. Reports coming in from Philly and Albany

Luckily it was not major

Nope I felt nothing.

Felt it here in Baltimore. 

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, I'd probably drink until I felt nothing if I lived in Tennessee, too.

Well I don't drink here at all, and it's probably not a good idea anyway with cancer but when we go to our house in the Philippines I'll drink as much as I want!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The new Starbucks drive through concept where I can see the barista on the menu board and she can see into my car through a camera is… unpleasant.

Because the drive through person never could?  

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2024 at 10:29 AM, PokerPacker said:

Nada...and east coast notoriously has ground that allows for the shaking to spread further then the west coast for comparable magnitude.

I remember recently when one happened DC didn't jus feel it cracked the monument and roof of Union Station.

Is it jus me or are these east coast earthquakes becoming more frequent?  I don't rememeber this at all as a kid in the 90s.

Edited by Renegade7

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I guess I always suspected they (any drive through) had a camera somewhere, so they know you're there to order. 

Nope, there's a sensor under the concrete at the menu board that beeps inside, either at a speaker or thru a headset. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nada...and east coast notoriously has ground that allows for the shaking to spread further then the west coast for comparable magnitude.

I remember recently when one happened DC didn't jus feel it cracked the monument and roof of Union Station.

Is it jus me or are these east coast earthquakes becoming more frequent?  I don't rememeber this at all as a kid in the 90s.

I think that one was 13 years ago.

• Thumb up 2

On 4/5/2024 at 4:36 AM, SkinsFTW said:

But I've had it for years now. 3 years ago it was diagnosed but it was already a huge 20cm x 15cm blob and attached to pancreas and stomach. Then the surgeon cut it all out and months later it returned on my liver. Then 6 months of chemo reduced it 50% but the Y90 radiation is awesome and totally removed it for 6 months. It wasn't 1 spot on my liver it was more like 25 little spots all over so that radiation really kicks ass and is much better than the chemo. I didn't really get too sick from it. Everybody says radiation sucks but Y90 isn't the same thing. It's injected and nano particles find and targets the cancer, somehow. I can't remember everything.

I think I read about this treatment 15 years ago or so when it was first being explored.  I want to say that a high school student had come up with the idea for it, but I could be mixing it up with another treatment.