Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Put in a prescription 24 hours ago and they're still working on it.

I need my meds here...

I'll go back in like 6 hours to see if it's done yet. It's not even in network too. I don't understand why we need medical networks. ****, what is stopping me from going to any pharmacy in the US and redeeming my prescription? Why do I have to go to a provider in network?

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Why do I have to go to a provider in network?

Had a appointment earlier to see a foot doctor I was referred to. Out of my insurance network apparently. No clue how since it's in the Cone Health system that runs everything in this area. 🤦‍♂️

• Thumb down 1

`Since I listen to sports talk when driving (and never drive very far), I didn't know that my favorite station from the 90s is back.  Alt rock, 99X. 

Went into a cool, hippydippy pizza joint I like and it was on...my life has literally been saved.   While I was there, they played the live version of "Evenflow" from the Fox Theater show that they simulcast (I threw a party & had it on in every room, even the bathroom.)   I've won Lolla tix from them, too. 

This has been an extremely productive week, and it's coming to an end on the best note possible, pun intended.  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Had a appointment earlier to see a foot doctor I was referred to. Out of my insurance network apparently. No clue how since it's in the Cone Health system that runs everything in this area. 🤦‍♂️

it's dumb. i google all doctors for reviews before i go, then i find out they're not in network. So I have to see who's in network, then google each one individually

• Sad 1

This seems like a big slap in the face to all those affected by cancer who don't have similar resources. I wish her well but I'm interested to see how British citizens respond to how this has been handled. My dad went from diagnosed to dead in barely over this amount of time. I get you want a cushion for the kids but that doesn't take two months. 

CyberSercurity Defense Contractor ads on WTOP are basically challenges to put as many buzzwords into a 15 second spot as humanly possible.

I'm serious, if you tried to turn it into a drinking game, you'd die from alcohol poisoning while looking like an octopus.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

I would like to discuss the stresses of dealing with my aging parents. My father is a highly intelligent person. His judgement has gone to ****.

I got a new phone and he asked me to give him my old one. Instead of going to the store like a normal person, he decided he could save 40 bucks and get everything transferred over himself. Anyway, he’d already gotten scammed like two or three times in the last two weeks and then yesterday apparently he got a notification that his phone had been hacked and that he needed to call Microsoft and he called the number on there and gave them everything. Even let them have access to his computer while he signed into and opened up all of his bank accounts…

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I would like to discuss the stresses of dealing with my aging parents. My father is a highly intelligent person. His judgement has gone to ****.

Yeah I've found this to be quite difficult to deal with the past five years. I spend probably 70% of my time around my folks these days, even tho they live two hours away, and in the middle of nowhere. 

Been trying to get them to move down here to central NC but my dad says he's done moving. Really sucks cuz my mom's in her late 70s n basically does everything. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I got a new phone and he asked me to give him my old one. Instead of going to the store like a normal person, he decided he could save 40 bucks and get everything transferred over himself. Anyway, he’d already gotten scammed like two or three times in the last two weeks and then yesterday apparently he got a notification that his phone had been hacked and that he needed to call Microsoft and he called the number on there and gave them everything. Even let them have access to his computer while he signed into and opened up all of his bank accounts…

My mom, 75, is like this. 

It’s crazy. She’s terrified of strangers and wont let me call an Uber to drive her to my house, but actual strangers keep spoofing her defenses and gaining access to her ****ing bank accounts. It makes no sense. 

Sorry you have to deal with it, i know it sucks. I literally had to use my professional connections with a major credit bureau to set things right. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My mom, 75, is like this. 

It’s crazy. She’s terrified of strangers and wont let me call an Uber to drive her to my house, but actual strangers keep spoofing her defenses and gaining access to her ****ing bank accounts. It makes no sense. 

Sorry you have to deal with it, i know it sucks. I literally had to use my professional connections with a major credit bureau to set things right. 

I was fortunate.  My recently deceased father (88) was pretty sharp, he wouldn't be conned by anyone over the phone, and if he wasn't sure about something on the computer he'd contact me.  He'd ask me about all the e-mails he was getting about his antivirus expiring, which I assured him were not true, as the date of his antivirus renewal was known.  He was a good man, but the epitome of being a curmudgeon (I think his picture is in the dictionary), and didn't put up with any crap. I think that helped him steer clear of these predators.

I wish you both well in keeping your aging parents out of trouble, as there are many people looking to scam them.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah I have a friend in his late 70s who would get hit for the expiring virus scam every 4-5 months paying out $3-400 a pop. Smart guy. He ran a charity golf tournament here for 40 years. I told him to call me whenever it happened so I could fix the issue & not waste his money. He never did. And the the boyfriend of my wife's friend - 72 - got scammed back in the fall for $50k. Owns his own business, smart guy. He fell for the old 'we overpaid your refund amount ' and wired them $50k. He even sensed it was a scam but paid them anyway. Gone 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2