Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I read the article and their main gripe is that an amp page served by google gives the page more credence (according to the author, which personally I think is a naive assumption) and that amp websites restrict your design choices (which I would count as a positive, since the less complex your website is the better it will function accross multiple platforms)…

Dunno.

Also that allows google to further track you as you are not leaving their domain

On 1/17/2023 at 9:05 PM, thebluefood said:

This one time, WXPN (a public radio station out of Philadelphia) played the entirety of Pink Floyd's Echoes and I sat in a CVS parking lot, mesmerized by it, almost forgetting I was there to pick up some Ibuprofen. I think about that a lot - it was pretty sweet.  

Funny, been listening to Meddle all week.  I like Pink Floyd and Meddle is my favorite album of theirs.  Would much rather listen to it than Dark Side of the Moon, and The Wall, Animals, Final Cut.  Wish You Were Here is a close 2nd.  

Echoes is ****ing fantastic.  

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

As the parent of a trans girl, I am constantly amazed by the number of things I never think about with which a trans community has to deal.  I can hardly believe how expensive and hard to find underwear can be for trans girls.  

Also on the list of questions I still have, for those people who identify as neither male nor female and chose "they" as their pronoun, is the verb singular or plural.  For example is it "they are great" or "they is great?"  Maybe it is just the nerd in me who was indoctrinated on grammar, but I have a harder time with the singular or plural mismatch than the gender dis/agreement. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gbear said:

As the parent of a trans girl, I am constantly amazed by the number of things I never think about with which a trans community has to deal.  I can hardly believe how expensive and hard to find underwear can be for trans girls.  

Also on the list of questions I still have, for those people who identify as neither male nor female and chose "they" as their pronoun, is the verb singular or plural.  For example is it "they are great" or "they is great?"  Maybe it is just the nerd in me who was indoctrinated on grammar, but I have a harder time with the singular or plural mismatch than the gender dis/agreement. 

https://www.thesaurus.com/e/grammar/they-is-a-singular-pronoun/

Singular usage of they tracked back to the 1300s. 

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Welp, my medium sized law firm is merging into another massive law firm. :kickcan:

Thus confirming law-firms feed using phagocytosis.

So is that a good thing, bad thing...I mean do firms hit some sort of critical lawyer levels and implode under their own fees?

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I need to start looking at going to college.  I'm thinking political journalism.  Maryland has a good journalism school it looks like.  Thoughts?

Political journalism?  I though all you needed for that was a Twitter account.

8 hours ago, gbear said:

Does trans girl mean a male who identifies as a woman or a female that identifies as a man? There was an article had the same phrasing but I’m not sure what it means…

32 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Times are changing.  Twitter won't be used much longer.

It's ES now.  

*I just realized the url is still Redskins.

You just instagram the constitution now…

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Does trans girl mean a male who identifies as a woman or a female that identifies as a man? There was an article had the same phrasing but I’m not sure what it means…

She was born as a male but has identified as female for as long she could identify sexes.  At age three she wanted to remove the penis to be a girl...  Now age 7, and nothing has changed on that front save for now she wants the female pronouns applied to her.   

• Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Aren't you retired?

Yes.  And boredom is a real thing.  Besides, the VA will give me $2200 a month to go get a degree.  No reason to leave money on the table.  It's that or get a job.

Edit:  that money is a housing stipend.  They also pay for tuition,  books, etc.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes.  And boredom is a real thing.  Besides, the VA will give me $2200 a month to go get a degree.  No reason to leave money on the table.  It's that or get a job.

Edit:  that money is a housing stipend.  They also pay for tuition,  books, etc.

You earned that, use it.

Improve yourself, stave off boredom, who knows where that might lead you?

You're not even close to done yet 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah, speaking only for myself, I can't imagine actually retiring in my 30s. Leaving behind having to report to work on somebody else's schedule? Sure. Doing nothing productive at all for the balance of my life? I can't see how that would be even the least bit fulfilling. 

• Like 3