Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 10/14/2022 at 10:05 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

The monitors in my office office are garbage and since my eyes suck, I don't have enough real estate to blow up documents large enough to read.  I was going to use the $550 to cover most of a 49" curved monitor, then my IT department told me I couldn't for some bull**** reasons and, long story short, (1) IT people shouldn't argue with lawyers and (2) I get the monitor AND they are paying for it.  

BB47BEEC-5B33-4C44-804F-2224B79000C0.jpeg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So California has an earthquake warning system that will send alerts to your phone prior to it happening. Just got one a good half minute before it happened (no shaking here as the epicenter was 60+ miles away). 

Smallish 5.0 but probably a good jolt for those around San Jose. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

89800f2fe775d99436b9602cbfe43c22--wood-i
SSD in my computer **** the bed a fortnight ago.  Decided to build myself a new computer.  Pictures... maybe later.  She's the Crushinator of PCs.  Big clunky box, and I wouldn't have her any other way.

In other news, during my absence here, my new employer ran out of funds and I got laid off already.  Woo.

Also, congrats on the thing that happened on Sunday that we're not really supposed to discuss in here.  Sorry I couldn't be here to take my lumps.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

SSD in my computer **** the bed a fortnight ago.  Decided to build myself a new computer.  Pictures... maybe later.  She's the Crushinator of PCs.  Big clunky box, and I wouldn't have her any other way.

In other news, during my absence here, I my new employer ran out of funds and I got laid off already.  Woo.

Also, congrats on the thing that happened on Sunday that we're not really supposed to discuss in here.  Sorry I couldn't be here to take my lumps.

Welcome back man.  Sorry to hear you got laid off, that sucks.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Word gets out that you're looking for a new job and everyone you've worked for starts texting with offers 

IMG_0306.gif

Of my previous post-college jobs, only one of them ended for reasons other than "Company can't afford to pay you anymore".  And that one did immediately offer me a role over text.  I graciously declined, as I'm done with defense contracting, and also don't want to get caught up in the underpaid death-spiral again.

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Of my previous post-college jobs, only one of them ended for reasons other than "Company can't afford to pay you anymore".  And that one did immediately offer me a role over text.  I graciously declined, as I'm done with defense contracting, and also don't want to get caught up in the underpaid death-spiral again.

I'm in the restaurant biz.  Everyone wants me. :)

On 10/26/2022 at 3:39 PM, skinfan2k said:

I'm in a pickleball league 4.0+ on wednesday nights.  I love it but hate how many people are playing down 

Singles or doubles? Same gender or mixed? I noticed mixed doubles tends to be easier. I haven't done any leagues or tournaments yet but planning on playing 4.0 in men's doubles but 3.5 in mixed doubles(the wife isn't quite as good but getting better, I actually think she should play 3.0 but I could probably play 1v2 in 3.0 and win lolol).

Singles on the flip side I heard is super hard. A guy I play with who I consider very good played 3.0 singles and got stomped. Apparently lots of baggers.

Ultimately anything that has cash prizes will always have sand baggers. Dealt with many in my volleyball days.