Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

21 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wooboi Chicken in Herndon has the best chicken sandwich I've ever had.  Don't come around here with that Popeye's bull****.

is 3.99 tho?

15 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Anderson Silva 2005-2013:  (19-0-0 [1 DQ])

Anderson Silva 2013-2020:  (1-7-0 [1 DQ])

Think he's getting punch drunk, and won't hang them up.  Low key saddest **** in MMA rn.

he also off the steroids 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

is 3.99 tho?

That's it.  For the money, it's the very best you're gonna get.

As a pro-tip, I get it with extra pickles, no mayo...bring it home and throw it in the toaster oven so it gets a little crispier, then put it all back together and add a little Texas Pete to some mayo and dip on the side.

Awesome value.

The new drumkit is so good, I'm often scared to play it.  Having nerves before sessions, like before a football game, boxing match, and yes a good Call of Duty matchup. 

S*** was just under $400, and I wish it came with an extra crash...but the ride cymbal comes thru well.  The small drums instantly, and dramatically improve accuracy.  The perfectionist-level judging ass metromome can kiss my bumper.  Just kiss it.

I'll land on one of the downbeats, ****face.  Too fast, too slow, bam.

The rims are too high, but they also demand accuracy.

Alesis Nitro Mesh, good ish.

Zeppelin's Lemon Song...might be my favorite drum piece ever.  The slow bluesy parts.  All these kids these days throw around 32nd notes, crossing arms, flipping sticks.  You sound like ****.  I'm not that jealous.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 5:26 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wooboi Chicken in Herndon has the best chicken sandwich I've ever had.  Don't come around here with that Popeye's bull****.

Have not had it.  My current favorite, and I had two last night, is the Nashville Hot Chicken Sando at The Rub in Alexandria.  

https://www.cluckinhot.com/

The first one I had, I was driving and it's so hot I thought I was going to crash my car.  I turned to my wife and was like "holy ****, I am never getting this again."  I got another one the next day because it's way hotter than you expect, but it is ****ing delicious.  If you aren't expecting it, it's too much.  If you are expecting it, it's perfect.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Have not had it.  My current favorite, and I had two last night, is the Nashville Hot Chicken Sando at The Rub in Alexandria.  

https://www.cluckinhot.com/

The first one I had, I was driving and it's so hot I thought I was going to crash my car.  I turned to my wife and was like "holy ****, I am never getting this again."  I got another one the next day because it's way hotter than you expect, but it is ****ing delicious.  If you aren't expecting it, it's too much.  If you are expecting it, it's perfect.  

I had one of those experiences at a place called Spelunker's in Front Royal, VA.  As far as drive thru's go, it's my favorite burger, but they also have something called the Helltown Chicken Sandwich and my curiosity got the best of me.  I didn't know this until later, but it's got Carolina Reaper, Ghost Pepper and Trinidad Scorpion Pepper in their sauce.  It ****ing sucked, my esophagus felt like it was on fire, my eyes were watering so bad it was hard to see.  Water didn't help (it usually doesn't, I should have stopped at a gas station to get milk) and I was absolutely miserable.  I wasn't expecting that but even knowing what I know now, I'm not sure if I'd get it again.  Gone are the days where I'd want the hottest thing on the menu, I just can't handle it any more.  I just want good flavor and not to be paying for it later.

Wooboi has varying levels of spicy, I got the medium which was great, any hotter it would have been too much.  The sides are huuuuuge, waffle fries, fried Okra, it was fantastic.  If I ever get over to Alexandria, I'll check this place out.

• Haha 1

Had Monk's BBQ for the first time this weekend. It's a bbq joint out in Purcelville and is probably the best I've had around the NOVA area so far. I highly recommend trying their pastrami brisket and pulled pork. I love a good brisket and they do it right here, but damn that pastrami brisket tasted like a brisket flavored virginia baked ham that just melts in your mouth and doesn't need any sauce to enjoy. It is so much better than the other places around here like Hammerdown or Willards and Mission BBQ is just straight bull****.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Corporate bbq is bs in general. Certain foods (like authentic Italian) have to come from the heart

Yup, it has to have emotional content like Bruce Lee would say.

To me, real bbq teaches you a truth about life and energy. If you want richness and tenderness in your life, you gotta get things cooking low and slow. You can't rush or take short-cuts, you have to pay attention and have a connection with your senses, not just your mind to the task at hand. You have to care, it has to mean something to you to truly do it right. 

**** a microwave life style and a microwave food style.

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm down with anything called "The People's Drug." You know it's some good **** :ph34r:

Oh my, it is.  When the initial shock of the pandemic wore off, I was still on paternity leave.  Old Town Alexandria had informally decided that if anyone wanted to patronize the shops and restaurants, they could do whatever they want, like Bourbon St.  So we loaded up both kids at like 2 on a Wednesday when it was a ghost town, went and got a giant to-go order of ****tails from The People's Drug and walked around Old Town and drank them right on the open. It was glorious.  

55E4152D-1FCC-4F13-8471-1D9A43EFF87A.jpeg

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

To me, real bbq teaches you a truth about life and energy. If you want richness and tenderness in your life, you gotta get things cooking low and slow. You can't rush or take short-cuts, you have to pay attention and have a connection with your senses, not just your mind to the task at hand. You have to care, it has to mean something to you to truly do it right. 

Man, pass that blunt cuz.

Bout to go to the store, now I'm gettin' some good ass steak.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Yes! A good animal died to make all of this possible.  Gotta treat it right. Make it proud in the Animal Afterlife 🙌

• Like 2

Tonight/And Tomorrow's Plan:

Order takeout from favorite Indian joint

Forgo meds

Finish bottle of 1800

Finish KCD

Finally get around to watching The Mandalorian S2E1

Get up tomorrow

Go dark on news (save for ES)

Hellraiser marathon

Prepare salmon

Eat salmon

Open another bottle of 1800

Wake up sometime Wednesday, and either:

Drag my ass all the way to the Waffle House in Frederick for a breakfast of champions, joyously risking Covid, or:

Drink more tequila

• Like 5