Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I'm more in to Pryor's early work, because correct me if I'm wrong - but a lot of his stuff was serious later on.  Perhaps it was health related, or he was doing what Chappelle sort of did there?  It reminded me of the standup where Pryor is in a red suit.

Maybe I'm off, it's been a while.

Dave's joke delivery is second to none, IMO.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

🤯

I used to get a kick out of the 1% approach (somethingI grew up doing):

1% of stars in the Milky Way similar to Sol

1% habitable planets

1% containing life

1% containing intelligent life

1,000 possibilities for intelligent life, just in our own galaxy. *And for the icing on the cake, 1% of them with spacefaring capability could mean as many as 10 different civilizations  and colonies spread out amongst the Milky Way 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I used to get a kick out of the 1% approach (somethingI grew up doing):

1% of stars in the Milky Way similar to Sol

1% habitable planets

1% containing life

1% containing intelligent life

1,000 possibilities for intelligent life, just in our own galaxy

Then question becomes how many exist at same time.  That's started to bother me as I get older.  Humans around for at least 10,000 years and almost completely wreck the planet in less then 200 with industrial revolution. How do we warn each other before we all possible destroy ourselves, who figured it out before it was too late? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Then question becomes how many exist at same time.  That's started to bother me as I get older.  Humans around for at least 10,000 years and almost completely wreck the planet in less then 200 with industrial revolution. How do we warn each other before we all possible destroy ourselves, who figured it out before it was too late? 

Is the RTT supposed to get that deep?  j/k  :ols: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Interesting concept,  because we tend to associate reckless, savage behavior with Humanity, with Humanity being our only template. I havent seen much on prognostication on how dinosaurs wouldve done had they been allowed to continue evolving, on a large scale.

I think it's safe to start with half of that 1,000, leaving you 500 that finally got it right. Maybe 35% of those folks were able to make it a long, long time, leaving you with 175, who could have been left to own the Milky Way.

At that point, maybe you figure out what percentage of them could've started warring with each other, and which ones made peace.

• Like 1

Dinosaurs had 200 million years to make a space program, evolution i guess said they didn't need to get that smart to survive (evolution wrong, unpossible!). Those teeth and claws for the smartest made tools unnecessary, they never would've got to where we were, basically land sharks some of them.

image.png.ee61d15742707b9a9e38ace60ff9143b.png

Algae destroys its environment when allowed to run unchecked, its not unique to us, hate to say it, but even an intelligent species like ours can choose not to be, why should aliens be different?

Think of everything stupid we ever did and put alien in front of it, the odds are not on the side of learning from mistakes you never make.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

https://apnews.com/article/arrests-georgia-us-news-ecf80718c6f2218e7a4a3c58aa42da8e

ROCKMART, Ga. (AP) — Police have jailed a woman in Georgia accused of pretending to be an FBI agent to score a free fast-food meal, saying she allegedly threatened to arrest restaurant workers if they didn’t serve her a complimentary bite.

Kimberly Ragsdale, 47, of Dallas, was charged Thursday with impersonating a public officer following repeated attempts to get free meals at a Chick-Fil-A, according to a Rockmart Police arrest report obtained by news outlets.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you live in a state where the #1 Thanksgiving side is “rolls”, you need to pack up and move.  Have some respect for yourself.

CB876886-EA1F-4109-8BDD-16DF358F03D4.jpeg

I'd understand WV's choice more

if it was pepperoni rolls.  That **** is crack.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

How is mashed potatoes not the #1 side nationwide??

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

NO ****!!!  THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!

There are a lot of people out there that simply cannot make really good mashed potatoes.  

Too milky, too stiff, over salted, under boiled.  Many have suffered.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1