Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I'm not sure where to put this right now. I can think of a few other threads that this could go in to,but until I know more,it'll just be me speculating and thinking "out loud". 

Most know that many businesses are limiting the number of people inside the buildings. Where I work is one of them. 150 is the max. HD has upped the limit in the store from 125 to 150. I was  pulled from my department to go watch the main lumber side door,(exit only),and keep the count,(got a handy app on the store phone for that). 

About mid morning I looked back in to the lot as customers left,and noticed a  stealthily marked Sheriff truck out in the lot with it's lights on. Had to take care of a few customers then I looked back. Another County Sheriff truck had showed up and 1 person was cuffed and a cop was searching them. The other was out of view. Few minutes later,the first person was taken to the rear of one truck and put on his knees to wait. I looked over and saw the other guy from the car now standing,(okay. Swaying back and forth),handcuffed as well and the second officer talking to him. Now this went on for awhile as the 1 deputy started to do something just out of my view with the other deputy going to look and help every now and then. Friend of mine came up and we talked for a minute. I guess the 1 cop followed these guys in to the lot and waited for them to park before pouncing on them. I noticed one deputy started to walk around the second,younger guy in what appeared to be an agitated way. Little while later,that guy was put in to the back of one of the trucks to join the other guy who was put in earlier. Here's wher things get interesting and I have to kind of to take in to account there was some distance,(about 30 yards),between a few of my associates who saw things from a different angle than mine and where all this was taking place. Keeping in mind that the store was very busy,people were walking right by all this and it was getting busier. Also,no other police vehicles showed up the entire time. Apparently,(this part is all but confirmed),one or both of the guys were wearing body armor,(2 people called them flak vests).  What the deputies were taking out of the car and or a large,(very)bag,were guns. Several of them. One friend said they just kept pulling them out.  No word on this from local news or even the cops. Last I saw,they hauled the guys off,(after they called the paramedics to look at the one guy who was clearly not feeling all that well),and a tow truck took care of the very old sedan they were driving. Tough not to do the math on this one.  I know. We'll see I guess. 

• Sad 3

jeez @PCS

that sure sounds bad...hope there's an update soon, but if what it sounds like, man that's scary

glad you're ok and i keep typing other stuff too and realizing i shouldn't post it this thread

sorry to have to say it but on top of everything else, everybody needs to stay sharp when out in the mix

• Like 2

Thanks. As I said,just thinking out loud,(in an interwebz kind of way). I'll leave it at that for now,( @Jumbo is right about that). I know where I'll go if info pans out. If not.....I'll delete the above and blame it on the booze. ;) 

• Like 1

Last week, one of my HS classmates died. It's not so surprising given our age, at least 40 of us have passed. What's surprising to me is that I figured she passed years ago because she was doing heroin our senior year in 1969. Apparently she got into the program and lived a very interesting life, according to the obit written by her niece, which I saw today. She took care of others as an RN and in the program, her mother in her last years, and animals all the time. 

I remember her as the girl in our class who was the most outrageous girl who lived a fast life, headed for a tragic end. How wrong I was.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Woken up to the sound of a ****ing jackhammer outside my window... again.  What the **** is wrong with people?

Well, I woke up to this going on outside mine:

3 hours ago, China said:

Well, I woke up to this going on outside mine:

Let's not compete.

On a completely unrelated note, I was just talking about my need to watch more Alfred Hitch****.  I hear Strangers On A Train is an interesting film.

Boy, I sure hate the noise being made at my place.

• Like 1

I got nothing... Literally nothing. Theres like over a hundred yards of Scottish highland between our houses here. Just nothing but roaming deer gangs, wild turkeys, giant vultures  skunks, foxes, big cats, and lord knows what else that makes this spine tingling Relic-esque howl at night during the winter months.

Gets pretty lonely. And its hella dark at night. A cannon ball smashing the side of the house just might provide a sense of comfort, reminding me that humans still exist.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Let's not compete.

On a completely unrelated note, I was just talking about my need to watch more Alfred Hitch****.  I hear Strangers On A Train is an interesting film.

Boy, I sure hate the noise being made at my place.

Strangers on a Train is one of my favorite all time movies! Based on a story by Patricia Highsmith, she wrote The Talented Mr. Ripley and the book that Carol was based on The Price of Salt under a pseudonym. Highsmith was a Lesbian and wrote many short stories that are quite intricate and mysterious.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did any of you play Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 and 2 growing up? They’re being remastered and will be released  September 4th 

Yeppers.

Just a heads up tho. If it's anything like the old THPS, it will be rated T for Teen. So make sure you get your parents permission first before diving into all that awesomeness 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Strangers on a Train is one of my favorite all time movies! Based on a story by Patricia Highsmith, she wrote The Talented Mr. Ripley and the book that Carol was based on The Price of Salt under a pseudonym. Highsmith was a Lesbian and wrote many short stories that are quite intricate and mysterious.

Oh really?  I didn't realize it wasn't an original Hitch**** story.  Same for Ripley, but not Hitch****.  Although I guess thinking about it, I'm less surprised that Ripley was a book(?) first.

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Oh really?  I didn't realize it wasn't an original Hitch**** story.  Same for Ripley, but not Hitch****.  Although I guess thinking about it, I'm less surprised that Ripley was a book(?) first.

There are three Ripley stories/books by Highsmith! I have them in one book that I got used from Amazon but I didn't read it because of my stroke remnants (hard for me to read now for more than about 15 minutes).