Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lorenzo Alexander Retires

Master Blaster

58 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Yep.  Another player we should have retained.

I keep seeing people say that...there’s one problem though. The cap penalty given by the maras. If not for those jerks giving us that bogus penalty, we would have been able to. 

Does nobody remember that’s the reason we couldn’t keep him?? 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I keep seeing people say that...there’s one problem though. The cap penalty given by the maras. If not for those jerks giving us that bogus penalty, we would have been able to. 

Yep. Eff Mara's cheating ass. 

Congrats OMG on a fantastic career. You're missed around these parts. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Eagles owner and the Maras colluded.  Well I wish they took away our 1st round pick instead which would have cancelled out the RG3 trade.  

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Still could have restructured his contract though right?  

14 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

This post captures my sentiment perfectly. Shout out to LA and best wishes on life after football. 

Yeah you can never wish enough for players after football.

I recently found a small article regarding Niles Paul's life after he retired a season ago or two. And it seemed to be a real mess for the guy as he went into depression and was battling through it. Many people thought his life was OK because he made millions out of it, but still life without football and being on the sideline for good was tough for the young guy.

So yeah, we can always wishes them the best and not forget them in any way, because well it certainly isn't easy for them, no matter how much you make.

That being said, I'm on board with everyone as I would have loved to see Zo spend his whole career in DC. Another fail by Bruce here as even if owners did us good, he was the architect of it, was warned not to, and still decided to go for it putting the franchise backward.

This dude played GUARD, TIGHT END, DT, DE, ILB, OLB, lost/gained 75lbs during his career, aaaaaaaaand Shanny called him 'the best special teams player' he had ever been around.

I'm glad this thread was created because it reminds you of the type of guys you hope this franchise will build around in the future.   If you all want to get AMPED and enjoy a really awesome read, check out this '17 piece from LA himself: 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/lorenzo-alexander-bills-pro-bowl-2017

Damn shame we were too stupid to not unleash him on defense.  But playing a passive team defense has been a top directive for our team for close to 2 decades.  We refused to overpay a "teamer". 

Another one where we didn't recognize and utilize obvious talent - Chris Clemons and his 69 career sacks.

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I remember..from the last time I brought it up last year or the year before...I knew about mara ****ing us over but didnt think it had anything to do with retaining him than you said something about how we couldn't retain him because of mara..and I've remembered scince...not ****tin, when I say I like ya cooleyfan I mean it..have scince 06ish...07ish...we will be this years Buffalo Bills next year.

Archived