Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The president is basically the medical patient that walks into the doctors office demanding this drug or that because they saw an ad on TV. 

Nope.  

He's the TV.  

“thousands of [National Guard] members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.”

I'm sure it's a coincidence.  Cause Republicans all support the troops.  Says so, when they wear the US flag as decoration.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:
*Guard activated for 89 days tweet*

Not one single ounce of decency to be found 

Meh, military does stuff like this all the time.  Pulling into port for 1 day and not allowing anyone off the ship, then pulling right back out to avoid family separation pay.  Shifting personnel around to avoid imminent danger pay, etc.  Not really anything new here.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Meh, military does stuff like this all the time.  Pulling into port for 1 day and not allowing anyone off the ship, then pulling right back out to avoid family separation pay.  Shifting personnel around to avoid imminent danger pay, etc.  Not really anything new here.

None of that sounds like it should be normal even it is.

@PleaseBlitz I think you right military scandals deserves their own thread.  This "Military Appreciation" shtick is starting to sound more hallow everyday.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

None of that sounds like it should be normal even it is.

@PleaseBlitz I think you right military scandals deserves their own thread.  This "Military Appreciation" shtick is starting to sound more hallow everyday.

Especially on a day where the President said that the Department of Veterans Affairs “aren’t big Trump fans” in an effort to discredit it. 

Also agree wholeheartedly that the stuff @TheGreatBuzz describes are really ****ty, and the fact that it is common makes it worse, not better. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

People are having ‘COVID-19 parties’ to build up immunity. Experts say they are putting lives at risk

Gov. Roy Cooper was visibly angry after he was asked to address “COVID-19 parties” some people are having in an attempt to build up immunity to the deadly virus.

“That is completely irresponsible and absolutely unacceptable,” he said during a press conference Monday afternoon.

Every health expert FOX8 spoke with says don’t do it, but there are some people who are just not listening.

A nurse practitioner with Novant Health confirmed these “COVID-19 parties” are happening in the Triad. She tells FOX8 that patients at their Respiratory Assessment Center reported exposing themselves on purpose.

Experts say what they’re really doing is putting their lives at risk.

“Intentional exposure to virus, especially COVID, is really, really dangerous,” said Yolanda Enrich, a nurse practitioner.

It’s a danger that people say they’re exposing themselves to for security.

“There’s this belief that if they become infected with the virus, they will become permanently immune to it,” she said.

Enrich says that’s what some patients have told her.

“They’re just going to gatherings to get purposely infected with the virus, whether it’s a birthday party or family gathering or any situation that will expose them to the virus in person,” she said.

These actions don’t sit well with Cooper.

“If you do that, you can easily kill someone you love,” he said.

“They say, ‘Oh now that I’ve had it, I can go back to normal life and I don’t have to wear a mask anymore,'” Enrich said.

She’s on the front line of the crisis and she sees how different people respond to the virus.

“Some cases will be a severe infection of COVID and the complications will be devastating,” she said.

Doctors and medical experts don’t know enough about immunity to COVID-19 right now, like how long it will take to develop or how long it will last.

“There’s no circumstance under which we want folks to actively pursue COVID-19,” said Dr. Mandy Cohen, during a press conference on Monday.

Click on the link for the full article

President @realDonaldTrump will be required to wear a mask Thursday while touring @Ford's ventilator assembly plant in Ypsilanti, Mich., the automaker said.

Trump didn't wear a mask last week in Pa. or when he toured a mask factory in Phoenix

And he won't in this one, either.  

• Like 2

So the Navy is starting up elective surgery procedures.  They called today to see about scheduling my shoulder surgery.  I'm hesitant.  I had surgery in December where they removed my first rib.  There were some complications including a collapsed lung.  I know this surgery isn't as major but I'm still worried with COVID going around and surgery weakening the immune system.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So the Navy is starting up elective surgery procedures.  They called today to see about scheduling my shoulder surgery.  I'm hesitant.  I had surgery in December where they removed my first rib.  There were some complications including a collapsed lung.  I know this surgery isn't as major but I'm still worried with COVID going around and surgery weakening the immune system.  Thoughts?

If you can wait, wait. 

• Like 3

Get it done now with everyone being extra paranoid about the virus, people will be paying extra attention to cleanliness and stuff while things are still available..... If a second wave hits good luck in getting another appt any time soon.... My philosophy is strike while the iron is hot.... Before people forget about you and your issues

Edited by killerbee99

54 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

How bad are you feeling?

Shoulder is manageable with maxing out on Tylenol and Motrin most days.  Lung seems mostly back to normal.  Probably the last 25% of breath on a deep inhale causes mild-moderate pain.  But not bad with normal breathing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you can wait, wait. 

58 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

How bad are you feeling?

55 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Get it done now with everyone being extra paranoid about the virus, people will be paying extra attention to cleanliness and stuff while things are still available..... If a second wave hits good luck in getting another appt any time soon.... My philosophy is strike while the iron is hot.... Before people forget about you and your issues

Well, that cleared things right up, didn't it lol...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Shoulder is manageable with maxing out on Tylenol and Motrin most days.  Lung seems mostly back to normal.  Probably the last 25% of breath on a deep inhale causes mild-moderate pain.  But not bad with normal breathing.

When would it be? Before the election would be preferable.

6 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I posted a couple of weeks ago where I went to the hospital to have an abdominal ultrasound done.  The hospital was practically deserted with significant precautions in place for checking incoming people.  Coronavirus patients will be in a particular section of the hospital.  If you will be in a different part of the hospital, and it is likely to be with very few patients and they have procedures in place, I'd consider it, especially now before business picks up and there are more people there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2