Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

9 minutes ago, China said:

A tale of how two presidents support the states and the people that live there.

Trump sends troops into Portland driving more chaos into a tense but being managed situation so he can say he is a tough guy. Biden is at least considering paying local government and educators to maintain mask standards to help save lives. 

How can anyone not see the dichotomy here! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Florida requests 300 ventilators from federal government as COVID cases keep rising

As a result of the increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, the state of Florida requested 300 ventilators from the federal government, according to a Department of Health and Human Services planning document obtained by ABC News.

The request was made on Friday “to replace expended state stores,” the document said.

The ventilators were expected to be delivered on Monday, though it was not said how they will be allocated.

Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday that he was not aware of such a request when asked about it.

“I have not heard about that, so I have to check to see if that’s true or not,” he said. 

Click on the link for the full article

21 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

A better idea would be to withhold federal money to Florida 

Except they will just turn that into not funding schools. 

i realize the republicans are ok with using children as pawns in their warped game of political chess, but reasonable and responsible adults are not

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Biden should send federal agents into Florida to seize any incoming shipments of ventilators, announce that federal ventilators are not for the states, and tell DeSantis that he's putting Hunter in change of deciding what to do with them.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Biden should send federal agents into Florida to seize any incoming shipments of ventilators, announce that federal ventilators are not for the states, and tell DeSantis that he's putting Hunter in change of deciding what to do with them.  

He should have them loaded onto Air Force One and fly them down to West Palm Beach Airport himself, buzzing Mara Lago at treetop level for a few minutes before landing, and then hold a big-ass press conference tearing an unnamed governor a new one for endangering the constituency he’s supposed to serve and protect just to own the libs. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

A better idea would be to withhold federal money to Florida 

Not a good idea at all. It's the same as trying to put embargo's on other countries. It just hurts the people who need the help and the despot leader continues. Same would happen in FL. Too many right wing ****nuts. He could just say see the mean Dems - they hate red states. No, show real humanity by paying peoples wages taken away by that POS. That has a much better chance of swaying peoples opinions. May still not work but at least you are doing something that provides help. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I hear you, but he is elected and elections have consequences.

Yes, elections have consequences. Biden was elected too. We have been doing the tit for tat stuff and it does not work. We are supposed to be better. So let's be better and in a very tangible way. 

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

doing it anyway.

Yes, I even said may not make any difference so not sure what your point is. My point was that while it may not make any difference, showing compassion has a better chance than taking a hard line.